Is it not cheating?

:smile: :laughing: thank you for understanding and I am not at all from Ather. I am a user of the product same as you are, And no further comments from me.

I can see no one from Ather considering or thinking about the price tag and the invoice they are giving, and the fame discount they are taking. These are makes my heading correct

The advantage for corporates in India is, consumer cases runs for years and people feel leaving it instead of running behind court.

i really felt, these kids are from IIT and came up with good StartUp Idea. but reaching there to cheat customers like any other corporate in market. And i am sure its wont go anywhereā€¦ i am concluding here with this comment.

I know i cant leave the scooter now, no one will buy this even if i give it for 20K less also. And i know i need to spend more for repairs, subscription for next 5 years. And its all the fault of my kind of customers who believed in electric bike :slight_smile:

but i am sure, i dont recommend this bike to anyoneā€¦ just because of price, subscription, lack of maturity,

1 Like

Well isnā€™t it just a click away ? I fail to understand why itā€™s such a big deal. The connect features were. Almost useless to me. Now I get to save a bit by going for just the service plan. I actualy wanted it even more broken up. With just ride statistics at a certain price since they are anyway collecting our data even whne weā€™re not on a plan.

:confused: charger comes with a 15A plug right? So you just need a socket. And couple of nails/screws to fix to the wall. Unless you used gold wires to set up your socket. It shouldnā€™t have cost you ā‚¹ 10,000

Well clearly a ton of people are paying for it :person_shrugging:

Btw Ather is in 5-6 cities now and soon many more :stuck_out_tongue: so not JUST Bangalore roads

Youā€™re the first person Iā€™ve come across who wants his scooter services more times than it needs to be :/:confused: just cuz the service plan allows for it. Doesnā€™t mean we need to exploit it like that.

If you can build a scooter just like Ather and price it at 80K. Iā€™ll order a 100 from you right now.

I see you keep bringing this 40k bike. Which bike may I know? Cuz comparing Bajaj CT 100 to 450X isnā€™t really justified is it? Plus thatā€™s a 1 yr service and not a warranty.

A result of years of grooming and building this idea into everyoneā€™s mind, that you need to have accessories like floor mats and weird metal guards everywhere. What is your mat supposed to do? Keep your actual scooter clean? Weā€™ll Ather thought of this and made their floorboard itself easily washable. Clever innit?

Sorry to burst your 1000% confidence in the failure of Ather but As of now. Looking at their sales and production, they really donā€™t look like theyā€™re failing :sweat_smile: Speak for yourself and not the market.

This is the only thing that I sort of agree with. Ather registering 450X as 450Plus with an upgrade package to bring the exfactory price under 1.5Lakhs does seem shady at first. But Ather isnā€™t the only one benefitting from this. Ather could have gone with some Chinese imported motor like the other cheaper EVs and dropped the price a bit. But thatā€™s that whta Ather is about.

450X is the beginning of a line of products. There will be more affordable offerings. The roadster was quite an expensive car. But thos were the early days of Tesla. Ather is still in those early stages as an automotive company. Letā€™s see where they finally end up.

9 Likes

I am not paid by Ather or i am not employee of Ather to spend so much time on supporting it.

I have spent around 2 lacs, so i expect same experience also.

Why 10K for charger setup? people live in high rise buildings will be knowing it. And Ather not doing free installation, 2250 to charging point and 150 rupees for 1 feet length of wire.

Ha ha ha, yes many bought as of now, we can talk this topic after 2 years. Its just the craze initially. Even i bought now. There are many many my kind who are feeling sad after buying it

More cities not important more charging grids are important. Ather need to check that first. Charging grids are less and those existing are not working

And its not 1.5 lacs in dream also, it cost around 2 lacs

There are many EV available in market from 40K also and people are buying. They have bigger market than Ather. It was my bad that i got trapped with the title smart and connectted, and not did good research. Surely there will be comparison if 7 inch dashboard need to be used as speedometer

Not service, basic checks needed regulary. Not everyone uses the same way. Its always good to check bike in intial days. Thats not a joke

2 Likes

Hi ram, I have also booked 450+ and waiting for delivery next week. What all u said above was in front of u before pre-booking it. I also took much time on this and read many blogs before booking. I too saw there was no mat, connect subscription were there and I aksed many doubtsā€¦ Double checked with Google as well.

I still belive Ather is far better than other EVs in the current marketā€¦ I have seen many other EV owners towing their scootersā€¦ I have seen ather was only flying among them !!!

You could have cancelled the booking if u are feeling cheated by that time itself.

Ather just started to bloom and it will take some time to flower and to fruitā€¦ This is a fresh tech coming up in our country and we need to give some breathing time for these companies to fix them self right, I accept software bugs are there that is being worked by Ather team is what I understand.

I have not even driven 1 full KM yet on Ather but still I have that belief and trust on them. Considering that in mind I went ahead in booking and waiting for my delivery.

Regarding the accessories in ICE scooters itā€™s all comes on cost only bossā€¦ Enna Boss neegaaā€¦

Side stand is also I was charged, ladies handle, tank cover all extraā€¦ They only gave me a key chain with their agency logo for 56k worth bikeā€¦ I did not buy anything and asked them to give my bike as factory conditions and I made my self outside which was half the cost for my suzuki bike from what they told in showroom.

If u have not noticed that sorry bro.

Batteries are expensive in these EV technologyā€¦ Buy some time and fly to Chengduā€¦ Check on their EV technology then u will find the gapā€¦ We have just taken our first step insideā€¦ U will understand slowly

Do not think that u r cheated it not like thatā€¦ You have to use ur ather daily and u should not get that hard feeling every time when u ride on it.

U have just invested in future tech bike. So no worries be happy :relaxed:

6 Likes

In case of Ather you donā€™t have any accessoires, do not need to worry.

I might have done cancellation if i was aware that they are giving scooter with out features they have promised. They did not even tell at the time of delivery also

You get a 75km range scooter, with 7 inch speedo meter. Scooter does not even have mobile charger as said initially, and u will understand other details once after you buying it. U get some discount from govt but it will go to companies pocket. you will get incorrect invoice and they will say 20K for performance charges like warp mode.

U will believe them until you experience, all the best

Was that ever promised to you? :thinking:

Again sorry to burst your bubble :sweat_smile: in high speed scooters. There arenā€™t any under 60k I suppose

Check for what exactly? Iā€™m not sure you understand but EVs arenā€™t like other ICE and there arenā€™t many things that wear out or need to be checked. Itā€™s almost like saying. We should all get a regular health check up every other month, cuz everyone lives differently? The 5k service is a mark set by Ather after considering all the use cases. Iā€™m sure itā€™s highly undercutting the true interval for a service.

I have experienced for the past 1.6 yrs. And even though I paid 1.13L I would be willing to pay 1.4 Lakhs for my scooter. The present price of the450Plus.

3 Likes

:pray::+1: Thanks Ram ji, for ur wishesā€¦ If u still feel u have paid more do some referral and take back ur credits sir.

Good night

Yeah u compared too early, I will do that after two yearsā€¦ Not sure if I could see iqube and vespa that timeā€¦

Give some time to settle ur mindā€¦ Too much of researching will become head acheā€¦ For meā€¦ I made my life simpleā€¦ :+1::relaxed: Be happy sir

Ather will live 35 km if u go in high speed. Daily 5 hours charging needed to travel for 1 hour a day?

Who is worried about speed, you can check all EV scooters. And good u were able to find scooter for 60K which is far less than 2 lacs. U can buy 3 scootes and 20000 cash in hand for the price of 450x

Wowā€¦smart , connected world class scooter does not even have mobile charging point? Thatā€™s great. Even at the time of delivery the sales guy open seat to show mobile charging point and realized it not there. Thats the fun happened :blush:. There was rubber cap nothing inside it :+1:

Ok, my bike giving extra noise at belt and adjusted 2 times by service guy. If some one does not know its issue that will cause wear and tear. Not fun, initial checks always help in life of scooters. Immatures does not know about this

1 Like

Yes, all the best. I did not check anything and belived in the features of Ather.

Ha ha ha, i feel the other way. Lets wait and see

I am sure i will change the bike once i get onboard charger with the bike. Until then i need to survive with this 75km range, 2 lacs price bike daily scolding my self for spending money on this

2 Likes

Moderator Note:

This topic has been very active today, however the conversations are going back and forth on the same set of arguments, adding no further value.

I will be locking this thread for 24 hours and hopefully after that we can resume productive conversations.

13 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 18 hours.

umm What??? How does that make a difference?

I meant to respond yesterday, but the thread got locked and I answered a similar question here:

2 Likes

It will, we can charge on the go for long rides.

Ather charging 10000 more for portable charger :blush:, ofcourse 10K is not huge after spending 2 lacs. But they might have given for less price at least

2 Likes

As opposed to a high volume, low margin model that large, already established manufacturers enjoy, Ather are still at a low volume, high margin stage. Dropping prices may not yet be feasible for them if they need to stay alive.

For all the things they messed up, you cannot deny that the actual product is solid and does not feel like a battery and a motor zip tied to a moped. That is worthy of a premium, in my opinion.

By the way, the portable charger is the same size and weight as the bundled Dot charger. You could simply remove the outer shell and the wall mounting plate from the Dot charger, take the brick out of it and use it as a portable charger.

8 Likes

Ask to provide Fame 2 Subsidy details

Central government gave every e vehicle sum subsidy amout for contributing greener scheme Kindly please ask what is the Without Fame 2 price of this Ather vehicle

Iā€™m not interested in this scooter anymore, too much money for subscriptions above a top price tag.

FAME subcidy goes into companies pocket, and company claimed that its a tough process to claim its just that they are claiming on behalf of customer and the thats part of ex showroom price.

So customer need to pay 1.6 lacs and they get 29 k from govt also