Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

I Had Booked on Jan 30th, was exited that am getting collectors edition. But got to know it is for ppl who had booked before 20th Jan. Kindly request to extend it to me as well

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji

1. Do you have any banks or financial institutions tied up for financing option other than Hero fincorp ? (Gone through some nightmares faced by customers who had taken loan from Hero Fincorp)

2. Is it possible to make payment to ather by availing loan from banks as per customers choice. ? (Because we can opt for the bank who offers best lowest interest rate)

What were you hoping for with the subscription model? The lower upfront cost? @sbalaji.job @shrvnthrdy @Rohit.Gandhi @cyberboysumanjay

2 Likes

It won’t be 2L, as mentioned the on-road price would be 6-8k more than the prices mentioned in the post above. Honestly, this won’t save you costs if you look at in absolute terms with an ICE vehicle, the 450X is superior to most ICE scooters in terms of performance, convenience (this is subjective for each person), and smart & connected features.

Subscription is not mandatory at all, you can choose to just buy the scooter and not pay a single rupee after that.

3 Likes

We’ll clarify most of these over the next few days, but the TPMS, Bluetooth Helmet and the performance tyres are accessories and not a part of the CE package.

3 Likes

Both sets of panels are yours, so you don’t have to worry about wear and tear.

5 Likes

I actually was in 2 minds and was looking for the 99k one because I don’t want to take money from parents and after paying 2k subscription for a year I planned to exit and pay the remaining amount to own the battery. The only thing I wanted to know is the exit pricing which was not revealed. If the exit price is nominal, for me subscription is much like a cheap emi in which I’ll be enjoying all the connectivity features.

But if the exit price is too high, it will change my whole maths. That’s why revealing price just before opening payment gateway is a very very bad idea not only for me but for each one of us as a customer to be honest.

We can’t calculate anything now which doesn’t make any sense.

12 Likes

That’s fair, but do wait for the plans and the financing details to be announced, the loan/lease option might make more sense in your case. To get a sense of what it’ll look like, it’s going to be pretty similar to the options mentioned in the website for the 450 right now. Head over to https://atherenergy.com, under 450, go to the pricing section and play around with the EMI calculator and the lease calculator.

Yes, and yes, we are onboarding Hero Fincorp, IDFC and Tata Capital as our loan partners.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji for one, yes. Parameters are,

1. Lesser upfront payment (1.8L vs half of it)
  2. Worry free Warp mode rides due to battery impact from Warp. Mine is not a long commute, range may not be a key factor for me. 50KM should do very good for me for a weekly routine
  3. Anyway, there is something that needs to be paid monthly for Data, service etc. The battery subscription will just be a part of that
  4. We discussed other options than the 99K + 1999 p.m + Service. Which favoured me more
  5. Charging in grids worry free as many times (I know that the very less people use grids now, but was considering that too) without worrying about the effect on the battery
  6. Most of all, an option where a third party is not involved for a smaller initial payment. EMI options would involve banks/finance inst. Etc.
  7. A continuous connect with Ather and a control of sorts that makes you feel that you can still hold ather responsible in case of issues by stopping payments (never foresee this to happen though, yet something to bank on in case of an unprecedented risk)
6 Likes

I too was ready with the amount of 100k for the scooter. And according to my calculations, if i pay 2k per month for 3 years, price for battery (includes connectivity & free public Charging with battery replacement) is 72k.

And if I go with upfront battery price of extra 60k which i don’t have, need to opt for finance. In short I’ll be paying same amount in 3 years of finance including interest (excludes connectivity features, free public Charging & battery replacement).

This is the main reason I was opting for monthly subscription. @abhishek.balaji @cyberboysumanjay

9 Likes

From what I understand, even at the end of those 3 years you have to pay a certain amount to make the scooter completely your own and end the subscription model fo ownership

Hey @Series1-Pre-Orders, the FAQ section for Series 1 is live, this should answer most of your questions. We’ll update the #faqs section soon with more details about other aspects of subscription, pricing, Ather Grid points in each city in the next couple of days.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/c/faqs/series-1/

5 Likes

I am kind of optimistic about the decrease in price for the battery in coming 3-4 years and I may change the vehicle after 3 years. So the option was good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Your points are fair, and we plan to address most of them through the upcoming Ather One plans and an alternative to the battery subscription plan initially.

On a couple of your points:

1. You can charge at Ather Grid as much as you want, and for the usage you’ve estimated you won’t have to replace the battery for many years.

The battery is designed to last 50,000 km. Typically scooters run around 6000- 8000 km a year, so chances are that this battery won’t need replacement for ~6 years. Most people replace their scooter in around 4-5 years.The battery has a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. Also, the battery doesn’t really go dead. Its capacity reduces just as that of a phone battery. Coming to the exact cost of replacement 3-4 years from now, we estimate that it would be around ₹50,000 but this is only an estimate. The price may change since the price of Li-ion is reducing YOY.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji - my first ev. This is an anxiety that’s hard to forego. Also grid charges do a little more damage than the dot charge. Hence that point.

2 Likes

Completely understand and I’m sure you have questions, would you be interested in a battery, warp mode, fast charging related AMA on the forum? :slight_smile:

The battery has been designed to support fast charging, so you don’t have to worry about these while owning an Ather 450 or 450X

3 Likes

I have grown in the community so much that I have good trust on Ather and evs. So AMA may not get a lot of response from me. All the points above are mostly fallback.but if it helps others why not?

Also,

I understand this aspect but there is a comparative difference between the dot and grid making an impact on the life of the battery.

1 Like

Well do you charge your phone with 5W charger so that it does the least damage to your phone battery? You obviously use that fast charger you get inside the box right? Let’s consider you’re using a 15W or 30W charger which would charge your phone 3 to 6 times as fast, it obviously degrades your batter faster but it’s not linear. Battery degradation is more prominent with number of charge cycles than this charge rate between Point and Dot. 50k kms later that is ~6 yrs for an avg user would not make the battery dead but ~70% it’s capacity which you’ll not notice in a day but over years by which you’d definitely buy the next best Ather. Never worry about the battery as they say battery aging on a leash :wink: P.S. if the battery ever fails it’s mostly cause of BMS failure and not the lithium cells and even that is very rare.

3 Likes

A phone battery or a phone is not comparable here. I would probably be ready to throw the phone away if the battery goes off due to a fast charge or multiple charges. It is not an apple to apple comparison as X is more of an investment and phone is a utility.

Having said that I do understand the crux. And I agree to it completely.

Battery subscription is more of a solace to the emotional mind which tries to win over a logical mind on the anxiety. :wink::wink:

2 Likes