Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

The Series 1 comes with 1 year of free service. This “service” includes data charges too? Like if I buy 450x Series 1 upfront do I need to pay anything else for using data, location services etc?

If yes how much? If no then what will be the amount I’ll have to pay after an year to keep using them.

Because now I’m gradually shifting my mindset to buying it upfront instead of emi, loan or lease.

5 Likes

The 1 year free service that comes with the 450 X Series 1 includes scheduled / periodic servicing (once every 5000 km, typically twice a year based on usage) including doorstep pick up and return + Roadside assistance.

Basic Ather One Connect subscription will be needed to make use of all the connected services. The subscription plans for 450X and pricing for the same will be put up in the website in coming days.

3 Likes

As per my conversation with 450 owners. Their service plan covered data too.

That’s why I was concerned about it. Atleast for Series 1 owners Team Ather should think about it :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I think you mean “data” in a different way. They have one year free service anyways, so that covers them for servicing their bike, not for OTA updates.

1 Like

He said they will include data too as they did in 450.

By data I mean using Google maps, receiving OTA etc.

Yeah for the 450, it included what you see as “Ather Service” till 31 August, but that was a promotional offer for the early buyers. For the 450X, we’ll announce the new plans in October.

1 Like

There you go @cyberboysumanjay, I think this should clarify it. I guess we all need to just wait till they announce the new plans. :slight_smile:

I think he’s asking if Ather Service includes data as well. That’s the case with the 450 and that’s across products too right?

1 Like

Ather Service and Ather Connect are different plans (450). It is combo’d in Ather One. Seems like S1 gets Ather Service 1yr free. Connect should be seperate.

Right, for the 450X the same plans may not apply. We’ll announce this in October.

Can the scooters be listed on Amazon or Flipkart where I can buy it using credit card using zero % EMI?

7 Likes

Ah yes, come to think about it, makes sense.

Yeah am aware, own a 450🙂 Service includes data in 450. But seems the X will need it’s own set of plans tailored for it. Especially the battery lease option from the looks of it.

What is the subsidy for hyd state if we are not going upfront ??

1 Like

As far as I know there is no subsidy for Hyd city except FAME II Ex-showroom price is inclusive of all the subsidies. So onroad price will be 161362+6-8k and as Abhishek previously mentioned battery subscription won’t be available during launch, they are re-working those plans and may announce by October end.

3 Likes

It will be logical if the accessories are available along with the product. Else consumer will end up in double payment.You could have thought of giving atleast Performance tyres by Nov launch itself or atleast in a months time. But I understand (from y’day conversation) that it will be available Q1 2021 only :smirk:

When we will be getting a full option 450X or Series 1 scooter for test ride in chennai or bengaluru ?

2 Likes

I just hope that Series 1 owners don’t feel cheated because most of them now will be buying it upfront because of no other feasible payment options left.

Normal buyers will be getting revised Subscription option which no one knows about yet. I still don’t get what’s the benefit of buying a Series 1 vehicle except that design.

Ather team talked about perks and benefits for Series 1 owners for trusting them bla bla bla but now I feel with lack of payment options, lack of customisations (Performance Tyres not available, Panels not available currently) and still nothing about subscriptions keeping in mind that the payment window will open in 3-4 weeks. Are we really getting any benefits?

I don’t have any issues buying it upfront but if I will be given few options I’ll do the maths and choose the appropriate option and it needs some time to research and make decision.

I’m sure just like me majority of the people don’t have Crores of money in their account that we will use our card and pay the amount blindly when the payment window opens and money management is what we all need to do and think about. It’s not that simple.

Please don’t forget that along with being a Series 1 customers we are also 450x customers and we deserve all kinds of benefits which normal 450x users will get.

Additions are welcomed but why we will suffer when we trusted you before anyone else?

I don’t want to regret after paying whole money in upfront when i could have gone with the subscription and remain tension free about battery performance, connectivity etc.

25 Likes

“We’ve only planned for Series 1 production until the end of this FY (March 2021)”

Sorry, quoting the above text from a series 1 FAQ.

@abhishek.balaji Since you guys are producing the series 1 variant till March next year, can I hold on to my CE preorder and purchase it early next year?

4 Likes

I agree with that. :ok_hand:.Sounds sense. Ather have to think and react on this post before unveiling the plans for pre-launch customers…:thinking:

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, The series1 is black color with red accent. The black and red color didn’t shoot to me. I didn’t like the red color. I mayn’t opt fot it.I am your pre booked customer.I am sure that there are some few pre booked customer they might not oot for it. Can for those customer you provide some other benefit like Transulent cover. I am expecting some rewards should be given such type of pre booked customer.

1 Like