Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

It’s answered…you can keep both the opaque black and translucent black panels.

Here you go…saved @acorreya some efforts :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wish they are easily swappable.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji, Please clarify as per my understanding those who are eligible for series 1 can choose any color (Grey/Green/White) , once the translucent panels are available can change to it based on user preference.

Wouldn’t that be a weird vehicle with black translucent panels on the side, and green / grey / white on the rest of the vehicle? Or are you asking if you can get a non-Series 1 Ather now, and then Ather actually takes it back while giving you a translucent Series 1 once it is made available?
In either case, I can only imagine Ather giving the translucent option for just Series 1 owners, since #2 above effectively means they organise a vehicle swap for you…

1 Like

We get ANY color of our choice, including the Series1 black/red.

If we opt for black/red, we get transculecent panels next year.

This is what had been discussed till now.

+1

Would be more funkier if opting for gery yellow and Ather lets us have transculecent panels!

1 Like

I’ve preordered the Series 1. If I decide to go for another colour, say green, can I get the translucent panels later?

Answers it here, you cannot get the translucent panel, unless you get the Series 1.

1 Like

The production order is such. Since Series 1 is limited edition, we began production of the grey variants first, and then Series 1 production began as and when we got payments coming in.

Here they are coming out of the factory :heart_eyes:

38 Likes

If getting the payments was the concern we are more than eager to make full payment for our Series 1 - only if full payment window is opened. Moreover production of Series 1 should have been the priority to honour and quell the anxiety of us deserving enthusiasts. Those who have booked grey later will end up getting deliveries earlier than the early adopters eligible for Series 1 bcoz Ather decided to prioritize production of Grey ones before Series 1.

5 Likes

News of some relief after so much adrenaline rush…

2 Likes

Lovely!!! :heart_eyes:

Couple of weeks here and there. But 2 products which look completely different. Won’t affect you in the long run. The grey ones are just sitting around in the warehouse now. Degrading :P. Yours will have a shorter wait duration between factory and delivery. So, I don’t think it’s such a big deal tbh.

5 Likes

I second this thought fully , if they wanted to secure payments before manufacturing then they should have announced that and opened payment windows a month earlier and been clear about the terms that it will take x weeks … but asking us to preorder without the bike being announced … and then giving preference to the ppl who ordered much later is not cool

1 Like

Folks… Let’s not make a big deal of the Series 1 being manufactured after the grey variant. It isn’t. It’s not like we know everything that’s going on behind the scenes on these decisions. Also not everyones going for Series 1 and grey is the alternate option available (along with being the long term variant),so thats there. We don’t know how the demand for Series 1 really has been. So chill y’all.

10 Likes

Really appreciate that Ather has shielded us from the nitty gritty of the production and delivery schedules in various cities. It really can be overwhelming.

As a matter of fact, I on my part won’t commit to Series 1 until I see it in flesh and blood at a functional EC here in Mumbai even if the payment window opens.

1 Like

+1

Also, it is just the outside panels. Everything else is the same. Dashboard can be ota’d too.

1 Like

Exactly :smile: Another possibility might have been that Ather team was trying hard in the backend to deliver the translucent panels in time and that’s another reason why timelines might have been delayed for Series 1 production. They could’ve delayed entire delivery until March too! But they are doing whatever possible to get us the vehicle at least not to mention the extra effort they’ll have to put in to swap the panels again!

1 Like

I think it is not about series1 or grey colour because even if grey colour vehicles are getting delivered we need to understand that now payment windows are opened in batches as per order number that means all are preordered and series1 eligible so they had that right to get the vehicle even if it is not series1 colour. They opted out that colour that doesn’t mean that they have to wait even the colour they need is available.

After all even they are waiting since a very long time, and they are all series one eligible customers.

Agreed. They have not been transparent and not giving these information upfront. Very disappointed :disappointed:

But payment window not open

No I may disagree on this they gave option to select colour for the series1 preordered customers and opened the window so at the time of placing order if they select grey colour then they get grey colour. They already clearly conveyed the message. I guess you missed out this some where.

If some one opt out the series1 colour and select grey or any other colour they don’t get series1 benefits except the 1year service pro.