Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

No I may disagree on this they gave option to select colour for the series1 preordered customers and opened the window so at the time of placing order if they select grey colour then they get grey colour. They already clearly conveyed the message. I guess you missed out this some where.

If some one opt out the series1 colour and select grey or any other colour they don’t get series1 benefits except the 1year service pro.

There isnt any benefit for opting Series 1 except the colour + transparent effect and the slight difference in the dashboard UI. So basically, not a benefit, more like preference. So what other benefit are you thinking of?

I mean the same but my wording is different instead of preference I used benefit. We get two panels for opting that preference.

But I can use that word preference, my english skill problems you know🤦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin::grin:

Ah gotcha! just a mixup then - we are on the same page :sweat_smile:

I got a weird reply from Ather for my previous genuine question. I think there is no proper communication between people inside Ather. One day in open house the senior most person will tell that series-1 benefits will be available and valid till Mar2021 and their own customer team will tell that it will end by Dec 2021. I can’t understand, where is actual communication gap and who is telling weird answer???:joy::joy::joy: The forum moderator is not interested to discuss and doesn’t want to reply for my earlier query.

2 Likes

Test rides are already open at Bengaluru & Chennai. The Series1 and the 450x are same vehicles with different colors - don’t see how it would make a difference if you test drive the Green 450x Vs the Series1.

The accessories are variant agnostic (450x vs Series1). So, it shouldn’t matter if you go for a Series 1 or any other color (450x) as they will all support bluetooth accessories.

My understanding is that the Series 1 is available until March 2021, the 1 month timeline is to hold your current delivery timeline slot. If you would like to wait, i think you should just let them know that you are waiting for the actual test ride and to push you out from the current batch to the next one.

PS: The forum is not an official communication channel. But then i also see that you have reached out to support and received, what i’d call, a boiler plate response.

All fridges are working on refrigeration. Only colours and body are different. Won’t we buy any one and get satisfied?

The proof (mail from Ather) saying that the series-1 features are available till Dec 2021 was attached in my previous post. Now from you I am hearing another version of “say” regarding series-1 that 1month timeline is to hold current delivery timeline slot. Response mail from Ather which i posted is for my query posted in forum. Also i didn’t understand that, what Ather will do to deliver vehicles to hyderabad and pune if stock of series-1 got exhausted before Dec 2020 (as told by customer team) ??? :rofl:

But I am wondering that why not even a single authorised person from Ather is not responding or replying to my query. This query is for post given in forum. Whom should I believe??? Tarun, CEO of Ather ??? or Customer care team ??? @ather_rajs.in @tarun

Very poor corollary. We are taking about buying a Honda Activa 5g in 2 different colors. Not a 5g Vs 6g or a TVS Jupiter Vs Activa.

Whether you buy a Green 450x or Series 1, it’s the exact same motor, frame, battery pack & software - how is the TD going to be different for different coloured vehicles?

2 Likes

It may be poor corollary to you. Not for me. It all depends on person to person. Doesn’t the dashboard is different ? Initially Ather told that there are only 3 modes in 450x. Then they told 4 modes in production line vehicle. Who knows what all are there in what models ? Still the current test ride vehicle doesn’t have bluetooth. Day by day so many new things and new announcements are coming. We are not getting vehicle for free. I am not in a hurry to buy a vehicle which i m not fully convinced. But Ather has to give a concrete timeline or word telling what all i will get till what time.

1 Like

@karthikramiyer The dashboard has red streaks to show it’s a Series 1. everything else is the same in a Series 1 vs a regular variant apart from the paint, stickers and translucent panels.

That isn’t exactly a change that is going to influence anyone’s purchase decision for the negative is it? It’s one more riding mode to choose which is great in my opinion.

Yes Sadly, that is taking time. I guess it’s not in TD vehicles yet cause there’s more software related work that needs to be done before activating it for any vehicles. I think you don’t really have a choice here, this is very likely going to take time. You may have to make a decision without seeing it working first. But then again, a lot of interesting features that we have today came after we bought our 450s via OTA updates so you can rest assured that Bluetooth features will receive the same treatment.

Yes, have been noticing that. A request I raised won’t be solved until end of next week. Similar situation with Ather Service. 450X deliveries + some of the staff not being available during Diwali isn’t really helping with quick turnaround from the looks of it.

2 Likes

Karthik, while I understand you are waiting for answers from Ather for some very valid queries of yours, I am still curious to understand what it is exactly that you plan to test during your test ride.

If it is the performance and feel, then as others have rightly pointed out, would it matter than you tested it on a different coloured, but same scooter model? (Going by your fridge comparison, the body is also the same, only the colour is different). Or are you looking to see the exact colour of the black and red body? Just curious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today I took the test ride of the 450 x production model but there were a few errors which i noticed but otherwise it was really good

1. Side stand motor indicator should not allow you to start the motor but in my test ride vehicle it was not having any mechanism like that but it was showing the light in the dashboard that the side stand is down .
  2. Indicators sound : when the warp mode trials were going on the indicators sounded fine like the 450 but in this model it sounded as if the vehicles horn is going on and off to show that the indicators were on which I found weird
  3. In the test ride vehicle was there a 4g sim or a 3G sim as when I tried to open google maps it loaded for 5 min but it still did not open.

Can somebody tell me whether this was only experience or anybody else faced this

Also the good thing was the suspension was way way improved in my experience as in warp mode trials the scooters was way bouncy.

4 Likes

Hey Daniel, I was going to post about my test ride experience too and have similar feedback.

The production vehicle indicators made everyone around me jump and/or stare, almost like an alarm going off. Frankly felt a bit embarrassed using it and stopped after a couple of times. I hope Ather brings back the original sound via an update - definitely much better.

Other sounds were good like the ones assigned to vehicle start, park assist and key turn. seemed like a natural progression from the 450. I liked that turning on the scooter from standby did not show the logo and activate the ‘jingle’ sound each time - only seemed to happen if there was a gap. Subtle change but good.

Same issue faced, maps was stuck in loading. was told that Ather One pack was not activated and so connectivity was unavailable. How is one expected to test out the improvements in such circumstances? Based on videos, maps is where you really see the difference in performance between the Qualcomm Android based dashboard vs the 450 one.

Did not check this bit.

Apart from that, test drive was great. Warp was brilliant. The motor in warp felt powerful, bit smoother and sounded more refined, relatively less noisy compared to the 450 (don’t know if the motor is the same or different?) Auto change between light and dark theme of the dashboard would be useful.

7 Likes

Thanks for responding and clearing my doubts :slightly_smiling_face: hope this gets fixed soon before the deliveries start.

HI Guys, not sure if this post belongs here , but when i ordered my 450x i used a friends referral code, but i dont see this mentioned anywhere on my account page. now when i called the CC they said the referral program was not active then Jan 10th … it was a long time back but if any of you know otherwise please let me know… wouldnt want us to miss out on the benefits

When u booked 450x

jan 18 2020

For mine also not showing . 3 friends are booked 450x using of my invite id

Hey Karthik,

Series 1 is just a different color scheme compared to the grey, green or white 450X. Apart from the panel colors, the dashboard animation would be different for the Series 1 450X. There’s no difference in any hardware or performance of the Series 1 compared to the other colors.

To answer your previous question on the timelines:

1. There’s a timeline of 1 month for your Series 1 benefits to be intact. This is because the Series 1 is a limited edition and is made to order, and for us to plan the production of Series 1 and the other colors better. However, for the first set of customers like you, the benefits would be applicable as long as you make the payment before 31 December 2020.

2. The March timeline is for the last production run of Series 1. This means that according to the production plan, there won’t be any Series 1 produced after March 2021. This is to account for the number of orders in all the cities, and that some cities would open up much later than Chennai and Bangalore.

You can wait till the production 450X are available for test rides in Chennai, and the moment they’re available, I’ll share an update on the forum here.

As clarified earlier, the accessories will be coming in only next year. Bluetooth features will be rolled out as an OTA to all 450X scooters around Jan-Feb 2021.

5 Likes

You might have used an invite code to pre-order and not a referral code. The invite code allowed you to pre-order the 450X before preorders were open to everyone.

3 Likes