Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

I had seen true injustice to series-1 pre-order customers from Ather team.:angry:

I had read that, the pre-order benefits for series-1 will be available/valid if we make a payment within 1month of payment window opening.

As told/informed(to ather team) that I don’t want to make payment until and unless the following are met

1. Test ride of full option series-1 450x vehicle (I heard that 450x is available for test ride in chennai but not series-1 and also some features are still missing).

2. I want to be fully aware of the optional accessories available for 450x vehicle. It was told by Tarun that it will be available before Mar2021 and series-1 is valid till that day.I don’t want to spend double payment for getting optional accessories.If Ather is not going to provide optional accessories,they should inform in writing.If thatbis the case,what is use of bluetooth and TPMS?🤦

It was not my fault that optional accessories or full option test ride of 450x is not ready now. So Ather has to delete this clause from current guidelines. I am ready to pay more as refundable amount of I want to keep the series-1 pre-order features.

I didn’t thought that Ather will do like this to fellow customers who are having full faith in Ather. Waiting reply from Ather team.I think that many has not read this clause.

Response from fellow friends and Ather team are welcome. @abhishek.balaji

6 Likes

I think Ather is following, Last in First Out formula. those who are preordered and opted for Series 1 are neglected and customers who ordered after 450x launch are given priority in Deliveries. Till now I did not see any single photo of Series 1 scooters that are ready for dispatch.

4 Likes

Will it be replaced or we can keep both original and the transparent panels?

When will the payment window open for the Bangalore order no. 40XXX?? Will it open in December?

We get to keep both. It has been answered by Abhishek somewhere else in the forum, which I could find and update when I get a moment.

1 Like

It’s answered…you can keep both the opaque black and translucent black panels.

Here you go…saved @acorreya some efforts :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wish they are easily swappable.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji, Please clarify as per my understanding those who are eligible for series 1 can choose any color (Grey/Green/White) , once the translucent panels are available can change to it based on user preference.

Wouldn’t that be a weird vehicle with black translucent panels on the side, and green / grey / white on the rest of the vehicle? Or are you asking if you can get a non-Series 1 Ather now, and then Ather actually takes it back while giving you a translucent Series 1 once it is made available?
In either case, I can only imagine Ather giving the translucent option for just Series 1 owners, since #2 above effectively means they organise a vehicle swap for you…

1 Like

We get ANY color of our choice, including the Series1 black/red.

If we opt for black/red, we get transculecent panels next year.

This is what had been discussed till now.

+1

Would be more funkier if opting for gery yellow and Ather lets us have transculecent panels!

1 Like

I’ve preordered the Series 1. If I decide to go for another colour, say green, can I get the translucent panels later?

Answers it here, you cannot get the translucent panel, unless you get the Series 1.

1 Like

The production order is such. Since Series 1 is limited edition, we began production of the grey variants first, and then Series 1 production began as and when we got payments coming in.

Here they are coming out of the factory :heart_eyes:

38 Likes

If getting the payments was the concern we are more than eager to make full payment for our Series 1 - only if full payment window is opened. Moreover production of Series 1 should have been the priority to honour and quell the anxiety of us deserving enthusiasts. Those who have booked grey later will end up getting deliveries earlier than the early adopters eligible for Series 1 bcoz Ather decided to prioritize production of Grey ones before Series 1.

5 Likes

News of some relief after so much adrenaline rush…

2 Likes

Lovely!!! :heart_eyes:

Couple of weeks here and there. But 2 products which look completely different. Won’t affect you in the long run. The grey ones are just sitting around in the warehouse now. Degrading :P. Yours will have a shorter wait duration between factory and delivery. So, I don’t think it’s such a big deal tbh.

5 Likes

I second this thought fully , if they wanted to secure payments before manufacturing then they should have announced that and opened payment windows a month earlier and been clear about the terms that it will take x weeks … but asking us to preorder without the bike being announced … and then giving preference to the ppl who ordered much later is not cool

1 Like

Folks… Let’s not make a big deal of the Series 1 being manufactured after the grey variant. It isn’t. It’s not like we know everything that’s going on behind the scenes on these decisions. Also not everyones going for Series 1 and grey is the alternate option available (along with being the long term variant),so thats there. We don’t know how the demand for Series 1 really has been. So chill y’all.

10 Likes

Really appreciate that Ather has shielded us from the nitty gritty of the production and delivery schedules in various cities. It really can be overwhelming.

As a matter of fact, I on my part won’t commit to Series 1 until I see it in flesh and blood at a functional EC here in Mumbai even if the payment window opens.

1 Like

+1

Also, it is just the outside panels. Everything else is the same. Dashboard can be ota’d too.

1 Like