Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

Dear @abhishek.balaji,

Do we need to update the Registration, at a later point if we change from translucent panels to the spare panels :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t think so. Moreover, transculescent panels are a totally new thing (both industry and RTO). So we good.

Maybe if it catches up as a trend, RTOs will have to update their record with transparency % option. :joy:

1 Like

AFAIK we need not. Until the Translucent panels arrive, the Series 1 will come with the “Glossy black with specks of Gold Silver and Blue” panels. In the RC the colour will be just “BLACK”. RC always mentions the basic generic colour and not the details or the fancy colour names that manufacturers give. Even for Dual Tone vehicles the basic colour is only mentioned in the RC. The translucent panel is also Black in general. So it need not be updated IMO.

5 Likes

Anyone need a collectors edition swap pm me. im cancelling my order, reasons if ather team needs to know:

1. No financial models rolled out that were promised after the original launch fiasco. Not paying 1 lakh plus infinite 2k ( i prefer a ktm for that money, maybe 2 lakhs)
  2. No focus on customer communication, No idea whats the 4g situation for old 450 is like, no idea whats the future like
  3. Not even a simple thing like badges for preorder customers were handled well, Everything is so reactive

Lastly, this post will be bashed by fanboys as always but its an opinion, please understand that im still sticking with my 450

5 Likes

Would you still retain if Ather came out with finance options (other than emi and Autovert)?

I dont think we promised any pricing scheme at launch or after it. As announced earlier, loan/lease options will be there and we’ll announce this in a few weeks, and you’ll have plenty of time before deliveries to make you decision. Battery subscription was the other one we announced, other than that, if you’re referring to this, we clearly said it was exploratory, and was a survey to get feedback on it. Share your feedback on the pricing of 450X!

4G communication has been shared right? Upgrading your Ather 450 to 4G LTE - #77 We announced that it’ll take about 4-5 months (from August end), to start rolling out the solution. No further updates to share here.

This has been fixed :slight_smile:

I dont think that’s ever the intention, every little feedback and everyone’s opinions are equally valued. I don’t think anyone here is a fanboy, they are all critical and unbiased, and we encourage and value that.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to argue. I’m not buying the series 1 and it’s not affecting me, but considering that you guys will be starting deliveries in November and I remember it takes about 2-3 weeks minimum from time of full payment and delivery, that would mean you’d be opening up the first set of payments in 3-4 of weeks or so. Now

Is a very very subjective term and I kind of undersatnd. How all the series 1 pre orders feel right now. Not everyone can arrange funds in a matter of weeks. Weeks might be plenty for you, plenty for me to decide how I own a premium smart scooter is much more than 2-3 weeks. All I’m saying,I feel you guys should really adress this concern that a lot of people have, especially since this is the first EV for a lot of people

2 Likes

How you came to know what I was typing?

Nevermind me and you represent the same Series 1 technically :joy:

Considering the fact that deliveries will start in November and payment window opens 2 weeks before it. I expect payment window to open in last week of October.

Now we’re just 4 weeks away from November. So there is only 3 weeks left.

Even if they launch the details next week which is unlikely to happen we will be getting less than 2 weeks to decide which isn’t “plenty of time” for most of us.

5 Likes

Agree with you on this. We don’t have any details regarding loan, lease or even subscription plans pricing. Even if they release those details next week, we hardly have 2-3 weeks left to arrange everything and here we are buying a 1.6L scooter and first EV for many of us. Most worrying thing is they launched it in January. It’s been 9 months and they are still figuring out things. I know things have been difficult with pandemic and everything, but when we are paying for premium experience we atleast need some communication from them. Even the non availability of battery subscription was announced in Q&A session and no formal announcement was made.

7 Likes

@abhishek.balaji please listen to members rather than being a know all

1. You did announce prices and plans and it was a fiasco and to date, people are waiting for revised plans. So maybe agree when you might have slipped. All of us have some humility don’t we

2. Great job on the 4g dashboard, ill wait for the mail sometime next year

3. You fixed it 2 hours ago when i already canceled. Shame, so reactive and proves my point

4. By fanboys I mean exactly this response you have given of pretentious lies and I do not agree my views matter as i had pinged 4 times already for a simple title change which you could have done in an hour if i was important enough, Stop pretending

Thanks, I’m off this forum… keep enjoying your fief… I could care less as to what you have to say Adieu

PS(Ive already cancelled folks, so cant swap)

2 Likes

Cool!!! Quick question: When is the last date to finish the complete payment for the series 1?

1 Like

Hey I am a strong believer that Ather is open and not hiding any thing but the way you communicate that really matters and creating some hoaxes. We all at Ather community are strong supporter’s of Ather and not as fanboys though as a product and experience but making announcements very slowly and communicating even slowly tests the patience of some people.

Coming to the Loan and lease options I keep. My experience here I initially planned to take my 450 through finance model so applied through herofinance as that is the only option to apply for EV no one out there is ready to give loan for EV they are giving loan for ICE vehicles. Now herofin had a very diiferent approach of providing loans. I am eligible to get loan from many players out there for ICE and to purchase Bajaj EV from bajaj finance. I was informed that I am not eligible for loan now the issue is if not eligible for loan I am not eligible for lease too now option available is only upfront payment. I can afford to pay upfront so paid and purchased the vehicle. But this cannot be the case for all. At leaset we should have some more finance options if aubscription model. Is not available. Only having herofin as option doesnot work as the evaluation procedure vary between lenders. We are expecting Ather to atleaset communicate those options soon and this soon cannot be like series1 soon types.

5 Likes

The points here are generally correct. But…

1. Ather is a startup company when compared to the other players who are battle hardened and have a huge range of products to run with.

2. Both scooter and Co are not perfect, just as nothing in the world is perfect. So that’s it. Even my ICE scooter is not, and we have a general understanding that it is so, thus ignoring it.

3. Ather points at the right direction, with being open to customers and being ready to take a hit about it. Everytime I see an issue raised here, it is solved as far possible. I think that a similar experience is delivered by the CC too.

So being not too concerned about perfection helps, even though a premium experience is expected.

Thanx for the input

Oh man!. Could have waited a couple of more days. I am sure someone would have swapped for a CE.

5 Likes

High expectations lead to Disappointments.

From the past examples, If it is announced as Q1, it is March 31 while the Expectations are Jan1. Similarly November means November 30 while the expectations are November 1.

So technically we have 9 weeks to delivery…and at least 7 weeks for payment window to open.

For people buying outright:

Buying via Battery subscription model (hated earlier and loved now) needed ₹1L, which people have had lot of time to prepare for. Now that it is clear that this buying option won’t be available anytime soon, people need to arrange ₹60K additionally.

People taking on Loan or Lease

This set of people need not worry as much about initial funds as the down payment would most probably remain same.

People on the fence waiting for lease/loan details to decide how to buy

All the details aren’t available now and any calculations you want to do has to be done after it is announced. In the worst case that Ather announces all the details after 7 weeks, you can buy it after you’ve calculated everything and decided what suits you.

I feel this “Too less time” feeling is mainly because most of them not only want the Ather but they also want to have the first batch of Series1. I would suggest people to take their own time as Series1 will be produced till March 31 2020 (and possibly beyond that also as per Ravneet). It’s your hard earned money and do not spend it under any sort of time pressure. After having waited for so long, hold on for a little longer.

15 Likes

Loved the way you put everything together.

Especially about the point where old timers (veteran forum members) very well know November means November 30 :smiley:

6 Likes

What u said Nov 1 can become Nov 30, then this applies to dates of payment/finance option as well. October mid to end can become November start to mid for Ather to announce.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Thank you for hiding dissent posts. Good to show what this forum is

2 Likes

What do you mean?