Introducing our revamped product offerings | The Ather 450X and Pro Pack

Updating software is great, but I have a wierd problem. Today was the third time when my child got delayed to school because the Software decided to update itself and take it’s own sweet time.

Why can’t we just receive a notification ? We get to choose when we can update. Another safe time to update is the battery charging time.

What’s the use of Ather when I can’t use it in an emergency??

11 Likes

First They should fix all the bugs other wise contivity subscription is an utter waste of money. Maps are still buggy. Bluetooth i don’t know why the hardware is placed in the scooter. Because it will connect and work properly once a year. Auto day and night mode got removed.

3 Likes

Auto day night mode is back in 5.5 update

1 Like

Still living in 5.3 era!

1 Like

Same here waiting for update.

2 Likes

Live traffic updates are never ON!

2 Likes

Great decision from Ola!

Seems like Ather is Not much verified about customer satisfaction or experience now.

I raised a ticket more than 20 days back for a ride log issue and they don’t even bother about responding at least. On follow up, again they are asking for screen shot which was already shared earlier. Feels like it has such a bad service

1 Like

Damn, the thread has gotten so big so not sure if anyone’s already mentioned these points.

1. All OEMs (Ather, Ola, TVS, Vida) were earning margins by illegally selling the charger and software package as compulsory accessories. This was to ensure their vehicle material cost is within the FAME 2 upper cap
  2. The price drop from Ola and now Vida and this so called revamped offering from Ather is basically to comply to the FAME 2 regulations. No OEM can sell the charger or software separately
  3. The charger that Ather/Ola/TVS offer literally costs some INR 3k which they were charging approx INR 20k to the customer. The software? Practically free since it’s already embedded into the hardware which is part of the scooter. So the entire 20k being charged for software were margins for Ather/Ola.

So if everyone is confused why Ather and others are all simultaneously selling their scooters at a lower price, this is the reason. Yes, great for new customers who recently booked the scooters. Not so much for the old customers who paid a much higher price for the same exact scooter. I at least commend Ola for coming for out and agreeing they committed a fraud and are refunding the amount to the customers (Not sure if they actually will). As an Ather customer, I would have expected something similar from Ather but they haven’t.

Also people should recommend their friends/families to buy electric scooters within the next year. Currently government is offering approx INR 55-60k subsidy which is why the scooters are affordable. Without them, the actual price will be approx INR 200-220k for most scooters if OEMs want to make money selling electric.

5 Likes

The subsidy helps the end user to switch to election at a affordable price. Once it becomes mainstream, the prices will drop

All companies use different tactics for earning more margins. At the time we all purchased, we were aware that EV’s are more expensive than Ice Engine scooters. So saying we paid a higher price is actually misleading. Agreed what they did was illegal but then also we all went for it anyways. All I can say is enjoy the scooter & hope for the best with the refunds.

it only happened with me once around second patch of stack 5 I think Ather only does it when its necessary but haven’t heard this happening recently

Ather sales for April 2023 had decreased to 4th place from 3rd (same for all other brands except Ola). Within few months, due to lot of changes in offers, pricing, discounts, service charges and govt norms, mindset of customers to freely buy EVs has been restricted a bit. Need a strong and consistent ecosystem for EVs.

4 Likes

Now things are more clear…if you want features pay extra and if you don’t features then pay less.

2 Likes

OLD

NEW

noticed that stand damper has been upgraded with now it being secured on scooter than loose piece of rubber on stand,neat fix but sadly can’t be used on older scooters as stand is little different

8 Likes

Aw this is cool, they fixed it right after my stand’s rubber peeled away. SC told me it giving a “thud” is no problem.

I’ve done the jugaad fix of putting double sided tape. Might attach an eraser to fix it now :smiling_face_with_tear::joy:

1 Like

Yeah, it is a better way to fix it than to go to the SC and get the rubber fixed. The revamped side stands are still very flimsy. The angle of the stand is pathetic. They need to improve all of these issues and provide an option for old customers to upgrade

4 Likes

As per the post, 450S will undercut the current non- pro variant. Any thoughts on this?

4 Likes

eraser kept breaking and falling for me after a week what worked for me is rubber slipper sole,its durable enough to take stand close impact and hasn’t fallen off for now with double tape

4 Likes

how much money would you drop more to fix a product which already has expsensive spares? 3k for seat 3k for stand 3k for something else for which I think people wont be willing to spend for a product which is supposed to be cheaper on service/use cost

so i dont think making improvements compitable with older scooters isn’t on athers plan like side step but make it good for who are paying for it while getting new

11 Likes

It all depends on the user. Many users have paid for the new seat and if they can fix the angle on the side stand, many users would opt to get it replaced since with the current stand, the chances of the scooter getting damaged in public spaces is pretty high. I agree it will differ from user to user but as a company, you should not forget about the old customers

3 Likes

When did the charger plug change and why?

OLD

NEW

3 Likes