Introducing our revamped product offerings | The Ather 450X and Pro Pack

Waiting for some hackers to hack this dashboard :smirk:

4 Likes

That is a justified cost in my opinion

You’re paying for the 4G, Google Maps (Google charges Ather for every use) and Ather servers which is absolutely optional.

It does not affect the hardware dependent features.

also, software updates can be done for free at service centres

4 Likes

Hi i have a doubt with the base model they provide a 250w charger which takes 15hrs to full charge. If i purchase the old 750w charger after purchase will it support the base model?

1 Like

No it won’t

4 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I have purchased my Ather 450x with a pro pack last Sunday, just got delivered. The validity of the Connect Pro subscription is only showing up till 30 June '23. It should be till 29th of April 2026 as per the salesman and this very post! I have sent an email to the support team.

4 Likes

Same. Moreover I am surprised I didn’t get portable charger as salesman mentioned. Looks like I need to pay separately now. :frowning: Wish we had option dot or portable charger.

2 Likes

I did not get portable charger either. Dot is mandatory now

We have paid more 30K than current price. And getting only 3 months. How it’s justified!!!

2 Likes

For all bookings done in April, DOT charger is bundled for free. From 1st May, only 250W charger will be provided with the Pro Pack and the regular DOT/ portable charger will have to be purchased additionally for around ₹14k

the reality is, prices keep fluctuating for every vehicle and every product every few months. every company has a strategy that they have to follow in order to be profitable.

we did not pay 30k extra btw. if we exclude the first few lucky people who are getting the Dot charger for free, 450x Pro Pack users have to pay 13k extra for a portable charger.

with the cost of charger included, the difference is more or less 5k only.

even i purchased a 450+ few months ago for 1.3L on road (the 450x Pro Pack is about the same price now here in Delhi)

1 Like

Does this mean existing users won’t get this facility? I purchased my Ather 450X recently (1 month back) and now, it’s showing me this. If they had already planned for this, they should extend this for all users who purchased it this year year starting from January 1. This is really a mockery towards all of us working hard and spending our money.

4 Likes

All companies keep changing their pricing strategy based on the market conditions. So when you buy the product, you will get offers available at that very moment. In Jan when 3.1 was launched, they provided extended warranty for free so customers who purchased it before the announcement had to pay extra to get the same.

1 Like

Understood your point but still I think that atleast the most recent buyers before the announcement should get the benefits. A lot of companies do that. That definitely boosts goodwill and trust. It’s not a measly sum of money people are spending to buy these EVs. Atleast users who purchased 1 - 3 weeks before the announcement should have got the new complimentary services as well.

5 Likes

Sadly, companies do not run on emotions. Agreed some companies go out of the way to compensate the customers but Ather has never done it and I guess it never will. When we all purchased it, we were okay with paying subscription fees to avail smart features so lets just enjoy this beautiful machine.

2 Likes

I think they would extend it to the old buyers too as it’s not like people are asking for free hardware or accessories compensation. The old buyers bought the scooter at a higher price and still have to dish out subscription charges which are bundled free for the new buyers at a lower cost? In which world does it make sense?. And no-one has yet paid for the connect subscription I guess because it has been free since long, so expecting for the old buyers to continue to pay while the newer ones having it for free wont go so well for the business in long run

1 Like

Logically Ather should also implement this too. Refund of charger cost by OLA

7 Likes

They have been extending the free program for the last 8-9 months. Hopefully, they will do the same since bcz of the bugs in the software. I guess there are some Gen 1/ 2 owners paying for the services.

2 Likes

Ola has set the precedent and other brands will have to follow suit soon. Expect an announcement from Ather’s end by the end of the week.

What about the other players like Ather or TVS? They are keeping quiet about their probes. I wonder what they are up to.

1 Like

I too need a clarification on the same

2 Likes