Insurance

Cool more issues to deal with for going through Ather Partners!

2 Likes

When I renewed for Ather 450, I remember seeing this section showing as zero only.

The same issue

1 Like

Hi, how is the battery treated in insurance? Is it covered against accidents, fire or water damage? In regular cars and bikes battery is not considered. Doent make sense to compare but usually the insurance partners don’t change fine prints. A little concerned about this.

2 Likes

In my case due to some software bug they gave given me a policy for 450plus instead of 450x so the idv was around 1.3 only. i have raised a request and they said it has happened to few more customers and working on it . I recieved a fresh policy from autovert where only model number is changed to 450x but motor power is mentioned as 5.4kw and idv also 1.3 only . Time taken to rectify is longggggg…

2 Likes

I just order Ather 450x series 1, but I still see the option of only 1 INSURANCE.

Purchasing an Insurance is a must before you start with the registration process of your Ather 450X. Buy insurance from AUTOVERT*

Any idea when other insurance providers will be listed ?

Also what is the cost of Ather 450x for 1st year Autovert insurance.

Thanks,

1 Like

Autovert is an aggregator, so you can click on the autovert option and you’ll see more insurance vendors you can pick from. You can also opt for insurance from other companies as well, a quick read through this thread should give you a fair idea on the options available.

2 Likes

How can i get soft copy of my Insurance. I have asked B.U.Bhandari-Pune multiple times but they dont give any reply. Pls help.

2 Likes

I assume you have the hard copy. So, using the policy number from that, you can download from the insurance company website.

NO. It is ICICI Lombard Policy via Aditya Birla. Seems these policies are not even recognized at ICICI Lombard website due to some partner setup enablement on portal type of issue.

1 Like

Check the DigiLocker app. You can download the insurance certificate and that should be sufficient until you get the hard copy.

1 Like

Even Digilocker shows momentorily same error message - “No record of Insurance found at the Insurer…”. The tieups are essentially on different databases and not available on any Digital channels. I tried fetching in NIR also - but didnt get policy there too.

1 Like

Then your best bet is to call or email them and have them send you a hard/email copy. Done this with Bajaj and Bharti AXA, both sent me pdf as well as hard copies in a week.

same 450X my idv is only 149070 only. why is this inconsistency.

2 Likes

You need to ask the insurance provider that immediately and get the explanation from them directly. My question regarding the IDV value is still pending to be answered or justified ethically by Ather/Autovert/Edelweiss since 1.5 months!

We are in this position because we are being taken granted for Trusting Ather’s partners. So before anyone else says it to you or us in general, It’s our mistake to take anyone by face value or forum value. We have to be vigilant and question the concerned team before making payment and get everything in writing before you make payment. Else you will have to be running around different teams who has no clue what’s happening and waste your precious time in follow ups.

4 Likes

everything is made online so right from vehicle booking and insurance it was online and when i had been following regularly their answer was looking into the problem it will be sorted out. I have pointed out idv,vehicle model number and the motor power showing as 5.4kw . they corrected model number but motor power still remains the same for idv electrical accessory component was added . In the owners meet for the other 450x owner they have installed atherdot before vehicle delivery for me it was left to me . like this different approach

2 Likes

You can directly visit Digit Insurance portal/Web page

1. Choose Brand New Bike
  2. Choose City (Bengaluru)
  3. Choose your Model (select 450x)
  4. There is a Slider to Change IDV Value (1.63 L) - You can Opt for Max IDV

Kindly refer screenshot for additional info

3 Likes

Hi, have any one noticed that in five years insurance only first year its was comphrensive insurance rest of 4 years is third party claim. But incase if we took in emi for all those emi period its coming under comprehensive . Is it ok.

But recently i red some where that only one year insurance is enough. Kindly give u r feedback…

Whether ather will answer thiz…

2 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji now i called kochi showroom. Paid full amount… now they are telling insurance is not b2b . They are telling it is ful body … Can u confirm it . Plz @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

What they provide with autovert is not b2b, but we can take our own insurance and provide them details. It is not necessary that we take insurance through Ather.

But process will not move untill we provide insurance details and we have to followup.

1 Like