Insurance

Let’s use this topic for insurance related discussions.

We could discuss Ather partner Autovert’s plans and compare it with other providers.

HDFC ergo seems to be a better choice where we can add-on 5 year own damage too.

Some of the forum members report that they got their Ather insured by HDFC ergo.
Which provider do you guys prefer?

• Autovert
  • HDFC Ergo
  • Other (Please reply which one)

0 voters

1 Like

Which insurance provider did you go for and how much did it cost?

2 Likes

I chose hdfc… I paid 12k for 5 years first party and 5 years 3rd party… Cheaper than what ather provides… Plus I don’t have to pay anything for the next 5 years

6 Likes

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow: 5 years

3 Likes

Guys if u are opting for your own insurance pls request ather to submit the chassis number and engine number… As in the invoice, ntg will be mentioned except the price

I tried in policy Bazaar and cover fox and could not find for Ather. Tried two insurance providers site directly and no one listed Ather. So went ahead with Digit.

I too wanted to get 5 year full insurance just like you did because for 5.5k extra you get 4 years additional insurance… I hope next year insurance providers give option to select own damage alone

One question though: does it include zero depreciation?

4 Likes

Yes
It’s zero depreciation

1 Like

Actually it’s very good pricing…

1 Like

Ather available with HDFC ERGO.
KINDLY ask ather people to include ENGINE AND CHASIS NO. along with invoice.
Otherwise it’ll delay further

1 Like

HDFC ERGO, online quote is 5658/- without tax for 5 yr own damage and 4 yr 3rd party w/o personal accident cover. Is this the plan you purchased.

1 Like

No, I have opted for premium package which includes zero depreciation 5 years comprehensive and 5 years 3 Rd party.
I’m happy with it.

2 Likes

Can you give some more details? Which company and plan did you go for?

2 Likes

Just made the payment today. Planning to go with a third party insurance. Called up ather. They said they will raise the invoice only after the charger point is installed. So I need to wait for the charger to be installed, only then I can get the insurance. Hope they install the charger soon.

1 Like

Hi guys, i wanted some recommendations regarding the insurance. Autovert gives 1 year comprehensive and 5 years 3rd party. HDFC ergo gives 5 years comprehensive insurance for almost the same price. Wanted to know which works better.

1 Like

I’m going for hdfc ergo , visit hdfc ergo site and get the quote. Rs.5658/- + tax 5 years own damage and 5 years 3rd party.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m planning to do the same. Did the Ather customer care tell you the procedure for getting a third party insurance?

1 Like

For an Electric Vehicle which insurance is required?

1. 5 years third party is enough? How much it will cost only third party
  2. I have seen in forum that personal insurance with assured amount of at least 15 lakhs is required is this compulsory? If yes then taking comprehensive plan will cover this?
1 Like

HDFC ERGO Insurance
IDV :116000

Two Option :
Comprehensive + Third Party

Option 1 : 1+5: Rs. 4,817/-
Option 2 : 5+5: Rs. 8,665/-
Above Premium was for Comprehensive Plan - This Covers Basic Coverage like 50% Claim on Plastic, 50-70% on fibre etc etc.

Where as the below Plan is Comprehensive + Zero Dep.
In Zero Depreciation: Whatever the Cost of the Claim - Full 100% Amount can be claimed by Insurance.

Premium Charges:
1 Year Zero Dep: Rs. 5,570/-
5 Years Zero Dep: Rs. 13,558/-

11 Likes

I went through autovert insurance and paid RS - 7041 RS for 1 years - Personal and 5 years Third party insurance.

1 Like