Important update on Ather Assure

Cost of 10k service without subscription :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Did anyone fixed paint scratches at service center? How much they charge?

2 Likes

Is it possible? :eyes:

3 Likes

Man, that looks really messy. Try cleaning this and put belt dresser.

1 Like

Ah. That’s because I traveled through mud.

1 Like

They have changed their policies many times. At the beginning the plan & warranty used to cover many things, I had invoices of thousands of rupees but haven’t paid a single rupee.

First, they used to cover the labour for any maintenance, This is when we had Service Lite/Pro subscriptions. Labour and consumables for any maintenance.

Screenshot_20230709-124822~2

In the Ather Assure, though they have mentioned All parts, labour and consumables there is not the word any. Also, they don’t cover All parts.

I have changed my horn switch 2 times because it got pulled out and broke. And I only paid for the part, the labour was covered in the subscription. I also changed the brake switch at 14.5k kms which was covered under warranty at that time, so again no charges at all.

But last month, I again had to change my brake switch, as it was showing engaged continuously, but they charged me for the switch and its labour which is ₹200. Upon asking the service advisor told me that as per the new bulletin the brake switch is covered under warranty only for 5k km. Also, he didn’t even know that they used to cover labour in the plan.

So,

1. Not every part is covered under the vehicle’s 3-year warranty. I asked the advisor what is covered for all 3 years, he told me Motor, Controller, Battery, PCN.
  2. The plan used to cover many things, including labour, which is not the case now. If the part is paid then the labour will be considered as paid. If the part is in warranty, labour will be in warranty, if the part is covered in the plan, its labour will be covered in the plan. And what is covered in the plan? The advisor told me, “Only brake pads, wheel bearings & belts”.
  3. For those who don’t ride much maybe paid service is better than the plans (discontinued). Even I didn’t purchase it for my Gen 3.
5 Likes

Your belt looks so different from others. Mine is the 3.1. Got a month back. My belt looks plain.

2 Likes

I request you all to upload your belt pictures here.

1 Like

Gen 2 belt have those lines or grooves. Gen 3 doesn’t, so it’s making its own lines.:joy:

3 Likes

So which ones are breaking?

1 Like

Gen 3/3.1, but they are not braking all the way. Just developing some cracks on the outer surface only.

2 Likes

Gen 2 has groves on the Belt and Gen 3 doesn’t , soo plain Gen 3 Belt is cracking on the outer side, My Belt has Many cracks and to my recent visit to Service centre for 5K service and also I raised the same via Twitter for which I was given a feedback form after the service to close the Twitter issue,coming to the concern I was informed that it’s a normal thing and all Gen 3 gonna have those cracks on the Belt so the next question I asked was , how many kms will my belt last? They said it completely depends on my riding style but on an average some get it changed in 10K service and some at 15K service, as Ather Assure plans have been discontinued saying “Product Abuse” , are they gonna cover it under warranty if the Belt breaks? And how many kms does the belt is covered under warranty? What if they say it’s a product Abuse and we need to purchase it and won’t be covered under warranty?

Don’t know why but Ather is messing up with Vehicle models as well as subscriptions , lot of confusion, it’s high time now they need to clarify all of these soon on forums or if possible a social media QnA session

@tarun @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

OK it may be issue with desing of belt As you saod that gen 2 belt have groove but not gen3 it may be true But my belt which i posted is of gen3(Means i own gen3 scooter and this is my belt)

3 Likes

This is a Gen 2 Belt , from Gen 3 they started giving plain Black Belt which gets cracks on it after 2-3K kms

2 Likes

correction Gen 3.1/Pro pack has the plain belt,Gen 3 has same belt as 2

2 Likes

Gen 3.1 was introduced in Jan 2023 and i purchased on October 2022 , mine is only Gen 3 and in service center also I saw all Gen 3 has plain Belt , do u have that grooves belt of Gen 2 on your Gen 3 from day 1?

Nope Gen 3 also has plain belt. Plain belt has been used since April/May 2022 whenever the Gen 3 deliveries started.

3 Likes

Yes i have it from day one

2 Likes

It’s time to colaspe Ather, with this initiative. :wave:

3 Likes

A friend of mine just bought 450x with Pro Pack and wanted to pay for Ather Sure when he made the payment. He was informed that he can pay it later and he’s no stuck with it!

Certainly not the impression to set with new customers!

1 Like