Important update on Ather Assure

Late September 2022 mfd Gen 3 450X 4K kms done.

2 Likes

Mine is also a Late September 2022 Gen3. But I have a plain belt with cracks, not this one.

1 Like

Its actually so stupid that latest model is getting defected belt. They’re downgrading instead of improving things. Or maybe its their plan so that we have to get a new belt from them again and again.

4 Likes

I have changes the front disk pad by taking sample of old pad to spare part shop it cost me around 250 and labor 50

2 Likes

We all can do that. But the problem is they will void the warranty for our scooter. I don’t even want to get my scooter washed from outside coz if anything happens they’ll easily say it happened because unauthorised service or repair was made.

2 Likes

Which vehicle pad used?

1 Like

Not necessarily, if you use the genuine brembo front brake pads, they’ll have no reason to deny warranty. One should be able to source the front brembo pads pretty easily. Apart from the vehicle history for brake pad not being changed and entered in the system, using genuine pads shouldn’t be a cause of concern at all IMO.

Also if you were to claim warranty for a battery related issue for example, it’d be illogical for the SC to say that the issue was due to aftermarket brake pads. In case you do have an issue after changing your pads, if the SC sees brembo pads in your callipers they won’t really think twice or try to blame you for getting the pads changed cause it’s the same as what they use.

There are many Ather users who have been using aftermarket pads such as Nikavi from Amazon, Hero Glamour FI oem front brake pads etc. None have posted back online citing any major issues. These aftermarket pads wouldn’t give you the same braking performance though!

If you’re from bangalore, you can easily get the front brake pads from JC Road.

That being said, if one uses pads that are extremely hard or really bad quality stuff, you may face brake fading easily / no braking when it rains / you may ruin your brake disks due to hard and abrasive material.

3 Likes

Very disappointing news, instead of scrapping Ather Assure which is a very good initiative to maintain this vehicle. Ather should instead start charging for using Ather Grid, that will eventually will prevent people from charging less and eventually using the vehicle less and abusing will also be less. Free Charging and Ather Assure together kept people worry free and they drove recklessly.

3 Likes

If I really tell you there are many catogery of people.If Ather start charge using for Ather grid Many user will abuse it.Like Many of user are abusing for shut down of Ather assure.Like you said that it kept people worry free,yes it’s natural tendency of human if they get all thing in there hand easily they don’t value it.Finally my context is Ather should not pull of plans suddenly Just some people are abusing it,yes SOME cause I hear most people that Ather assure was benefit for them.So Some people are like this who always go on negative side of everything

DIDN’T SAID TO SPECIFIC PERSON.JUST DONT WANT TO OFFENDED ANYONE​:blush::blush:

2 Likes

Very bad news…i was thinking to buy 2 one …now i have to think

3 Likes

This is clearly a design issue…like how bikes have chain case to protect chain…they shud have designed some casing for the belt too…and that Ather is belt driven model they must a robust mechanism to protect it instead of charging exorbitant fees for its replacement…either they make some design changes or reduce spares and service costs…

7 Likes

I got by showing old disk pad no specific vehicle

2 Likes

I changes brake for emergency since i use my Ather 200km away from service centre

I think due to this warranty will not void……

Its wear and tear accessories ….

5 Likes

This was asked by many of the owners and charging should have never been free in the 1st place. I agree the way they are charging on per min basis is not correct but I am glad all the freehoarders (many of whom have posted for the 1st time in this forum crying about public chargers being chargable) will stop abusing the grid and start using the home chargers.

6 Likes

You are making it look like Ather somehow shut down the grid altogether. You can still charge using grids, right? Just that you need to pay for it.

That’s unfair. If I am willing to pay for more charge, why should I be stopped from it? 30 min seems very arbitrary (and possibly based on a specific personal requirement), I must say.

And oh, this is on the wrong thread. The moderators might want to move it to the correct place.

By the looks of it, it just seems like a coordinated attempt by some users through other platforms like Telegram to rally against this change. I anyway don’t think it is going to push Ather to go back on the plan to charge the charging, so it’s just a wasted attempt at best.

5 Likes

I will not buy Ather connect plan. Let’s not buy.

2 Likes

They introduce more bugs in the software than removing it. After the recent update the dashboard stuck always while driving. 10k mobile software works much better than Ather software and they are asking us to pay for this faulty software.

1 Like

Use Pulsar 220 disk pad for back side and front one glamour BS4 disk pad it same

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji can u attach the pdf of what all is covered under the plans as service centre staff has no idea or not trained we have to literally argue or hunt for posts on forum to prove our point as the pdf has been removed from the website people with existing active plan are suffering.

2 Likes

This might help you