Important update on Ather Assure

This is absolutely non sense why will someone buy a vehicle from the Ather if the consumer has to spend so much on spares which is most expensive if we compare with a 125cc scooters,both the brake pads replacement only will costs you 1700/- do not go for Ather.

8 Likes

Yes if someone is ready to pay 1.4 lakhs and the subsidy amount then I am happy to sell my Ather and get Ntorq. If you are interested,let me know:D

1 Like

You can only change brake pads and rotors from outside, rest all are not available in the outside market.

Moreover,Ather can deny warranty if you don’t periodically service your scooter from Ather.

1 Like

Hahaha sure buddy, keep dreaming!

4 Likes

I think they have enough money for the refund,servicing alone can’t make 150cr revenue that quick. image

yup,but it would still get void if you don’t change the pads as per Ather I heard at last service camp

1 Like

which scooter has bybre on both front and rear? anyways Ather has removed bybre on core 450x now so if its using any different pads they should be cheaper

2 Likes

Not sure about Scooter, my Classic 350 has bybre front and back, the pad replacement was done at 20k.

5 Likes

We have the same calipers as you’d find on older pulsar 220’s, OEM pads for pulsar from Bajaj cost not more than 300, whereas the literal same brake pad costs 700 with Ather. These folks are looting us and when it fired back on them with the service plans, they decide to shut off the program completely? Why am I not surprised sigh

Losing my faith in this brand a little everyday

6 Likes

The belt for NTORQ, which is equally powerful as Ather, costs 700+GST and lasts 20k km.

Ather’s lasts 10k km and costs 3200 :saluting_face:. Robbery.

6 Likes

That’s getting it serviced every 5k kilometres right? I don’t trust these companies one bit, they do anything and everything to void warranty.

4 Likes

yup they should stop forcing service every 5k kms as part replacement.I am at 4K kms right now and I live in a 3x3km town where I use regen 80% of the time to slow down so my brakes feel perfect.I would not like them to be changed unitl 8-10k kms

If the disk gets damaged cause I didnt replace the pads thats totally on me and wont be covered under warranty which is understandable cause they recommend 5k kms but that should not be mandatory to retain warranty of the whole scooter.

7 Likes

We should create a new thread for compatible / suitable aftermarket parts as mentioned above. Like…Pulsar break pads and Ntorq belt.

5 Likes

I have serviced my Ather 2 time in 5k,10k. THEY DIDNT CHANGE MY BREAK PADS UNTIL NOW.I AM USING SAME BREAK PADS WHICH IS INSTALLED WHEN I PURCHASED MY VEHICLE

THE THIRD ONE IS ACCIDENTAL​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

And can tell me if the belt issue and brake pads replacing frequently are happening in paticular state or city cause i have never noticed this on my city

From Chattisgarh,Raipur

2 Likes

We’re gonna see fall of another great company.

6 Likes

The Ntorq belt fits Ather? Has someone got it done? If there’s already a post on it, could you please link it? Thanks!

Cost of 10k service without subscription :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Did anyone fixed paint scratches at service center? How much they charge?

2 Likes

Is it possible? :eyes:

3 Likes