Home Charging

If this is real, am a bit surprised on why so much hardware is needed for the pod! :wink: the benefits of the pod is something else? @Ather.Team @Shreyas

is the Portable charging cable is really required?

1 Like

Secure authentication, protection from surges/voltage fluctuations, proprietary female connector, rain/dust protection, the space age looks?
PS: maybe there are some smarts in there we dont know about yet.

3 Likes

As per Ather Energy Website, we can charge any EV for free for 6 months. Is it applicable on home charger as well??
From atherenergy.com

1 Like

The free for 6 months is for when you use the 5A socket on a Ather Grid point for non Ather EVs. You’ll anyway get the reimbursement for home charging for the first year.

1 Like

No…

1. Only Public Points have the flap at the bottom with a 15A socket underneath to connect any non Ather EV charger
  2. Assuming even you Non-Ather EV has the same Type II plug as the Ather scooters, only Public Points have the bar code to scan, authenticate and begin charging your non-ather EV.

You mean to say that Home Charger does not come with 5A & 15A socket?

You won’t need it. It comes with the flap disabled and there’s no socket behind that.

Yes… 5A/15A socket not populated in home charger pod…

Public charger-see flap and barcode. I’ve connected my E20 charger

My home charger- the bottom black portion is not a flap and there is no socket there

3 Likes

Thanks Abhishek for sparing time with us.
Your post has created work around for those who do not have permission to install charging point by the landlord.

1 Like

Thanks @hemanth.anand and for the images, I too have an e2o and Hero Electric Cruz. I was wondering that I will be able to charge my EV’s through home charger to save some money. :disappointed:

well said @samitbanerji

and if you are in the applicable AtherOne Subscription.

Glad it helped. Right now, since it’s a full power extension with 4 ports, it takes up quite the space in my boot with the charging cable + the contraption. I’m still able to fit a half-face helment + charging cable + the contraption without any difficulty.

I do plan to modify the contraption to have only one socket and maybe make the cable retractable, so it’ll be more useful in tight spaces.

4 Likes

full clarity on the point vs. cable is :point_down:

I’m facing the same issue.

The new software update should fix that issue. Have you installed the new update?

1 Like

For those who are already using the home charger, what is the cost to charge the bike fully? Do we know yet?

If you are asking about charging the bike once to 100%, then its very simple:
The battery capacity 2.4 KWh, means 2.4 units of electricity for full charge once. Then total cost depends on per unit charge in your city or state that electricity board charges (see below link for all Indian states). In Bangalore (karnataka) its around Rs 7 per unit. So 2.4 * 7 = 16.8. So it costs Rs 16.8 for full charge once. If your house consuming more than 400 units per month then per unit charge is Rs 7.65 results in Rs 18.36 for full charge (2.4 * 7.65).

Electricity charges in different states

Ather travels 70 to 80 km per charge. So its Rs 18.36 for 70 km. Activa consumes 2 litres for same distance especially in city traffic. Petrol bill will be Rs 150 (75 *2) for 70 km distance. These are just estimates based on typical usage in city traffic. Even if Ather goes only 50 km per full charge it will cost only ~ Rs 30 to travel 70 to 80 km.

Note:
KWh is the electricity unit. You will find the number of units on your monthly electricity bill that your house consumed in that month.

9 Likes