Home Charging

This is what goes into the car. But the wall socket and plug is normal 5A plug.
However Mahindra public charging (like in Forum Mall) have no wall sockets.

2 Likes

this doesnt go into the car

it is power source on the wall

anyways we donot have those issues even if it does we can find adapter

the picture that you have shown and the picture that @asokang28 has posted are both female sockets! it won’t fit!

This female socket is at one end of the charging cable in E2O

This male plug is on the car

This is the 5A plug on the other end of the charging cable that goes into the wall socket

This is the public charging socket at Forum

1 Like

Hi @Shreyas @Ather.Team
Is Home Charging Pod mandatory for the second order? Here am assuming that the same charging pod can be used for the second flight as well.

Also, is it possible to connect another vehicle to the same/existing account?

your charging pod is mapped to your vehicle

meaning you cannot charge your vehicle at other owners place

but this might change in coming days as there are more and more flights on road

and also owners might be interested being part of Ather grid for emergency scenario’s

also to your question - what if u want to charge both flight/'s at the same time! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

it is possible to add two or more vehicles under the same account I think. If you tap on the registration number of your 450 in the App on the profile tab, it takes you to a screen where you need to select your bike from a list.

Good one!, gladly if I get one more - this wouldn’t be my compelling need.

Is this iOS app only feature, am unable to see this in android app. :frowning:

you need to tap here. I don’t think App features will be any different.

the row circled blue appears disabled and with a dropdown mark towards right for me. Appreciate your for sharing thoughts, help.

I dont own two! not yet at least :smiley:

1 Like

Any one received refund of electricity bill for quarter?

1 Like

How much electrical load required for home charging point to install?

1 Like

Hey folks, when does charging end? I kept my Ather for charge yesterday night at 10pm. At 11.45 it was at almost 80% complete. I left it on thinking it will stop the charging after sometime and thus the fan noise will stop and as well the blinking light would go away. Today morning when I checked at 6am, i still see that the light was blinking and also fan was running at full speed. I thought that Ather automatically stops charging once it reaches 100%. But it doesn’t seem this is the case. Had to bear the complaints of my neighbours about the sound and the blinking light. :). I hope there will be an option to stop charging after reaching about 98% and don’t do anything until it goes down below 90%.

4 Likes

What is the charging procedure, people are following, to ensure that it doesn’t affect the battery much in the long run.

Do I charge till 100% ?
Do i keep it for charge as soon as it goes below 20%?
Do i charge daily or only when it goes below to an unacceptable battery level?

What are the recommendations?

1 Like

I suppose you’ll have to treat it like a Li ion cellphone battery. The ideal healthy charge level is about 30-70%.

Charge it whenever you can even if it’s at 20-30%. Don’t have to wait for it to drop to zero.
So you can charge it daily. A typical lithium ion battery has about 300-500 charge cycles I think. Each charge cycle is from 0-100 so you’ll be doing only half a charge cycle if you charge at around 30% -80%.

Also, change your vehicle only up-to 80% or 90% if that can meet your requirements for the day.

Try not to charge it overnight, (if you do, make sure you unplug it as soon as it reaches 95% or 100%,) keeping the battery at 100% and charged for long will lead to faster battery wear.

Also try and keep your vehicle in the shade whenever possible. High temperatures will weaken the battery faster.

These are just my assumptions based on the Li ion battery in cellphones, if anyone else has any other pointers I’m missing out, please share your thoughts.

4 Likes

Wanted to share a few updates since my Ather has been delivered:

1. I did not get the home charger installed since the apartment where I’m staying at hasn’t allotted a parking slot for us yet. They had actually put a common charging point for EVs.

2. The moment I got the Ather delivered, I went and checked back on the charging port, but it turned out to be the Industrial socket and not the regular 5A point. I tried to get a Dunzo to find an adapter for the industrial socket, but got only the plug delivered.

3. This is a real solution if you have access to only the industrial socket and not the regular 5A socket. I bought a power extension/power strip and then cut off the regular plug and made a contraption (See pictures).

After carefully plugging in and checking with dummy devices, it worked!

8 Likes

there is no standardization as yet for EV’s ports

hope government and or manufacturers in Bharat come together to get this sorted

til then we need to come up with such idea’s

but we won’t stop riding EV’s and charging

5 Likes

How much time does it take to charge to 100% using this socket?

in other words, how much more times does this take than the home charging pod? @Abhishek may know this and hence asking him too…

2 Likes

The home charging pod and the charging cable charge at the same rate. I haven’t had the vehicle long enough to arrive at a charging time, but I plan to leave it charging overnight.

Only the charging locations across Bangalore support fast charging since they supply DC power directly unlike the pod and the cable, which draw AC power.

1 Like