Home Charging

I had similar question before and hence taking liberty to answer you.

Yes, without the key turning ON, charging cable cannot be removed as there is a solenoid which locks. This is true for our home charging point cable but I do not know how it is for standalone charger.

Above case is true irrespective of grid power present or absent. Meaning, MCB has no role in removing solenoid cable.

1 Like

At the outset, thanks for the answer @rajeshkav .

With normal effort (means, not by force) and without putting the key - am able to remove the cable by switching off the MCB. Will try tonight if I can remove the cable when its charging (again will not force as I don’t want this to be damaged) - i think NO for now. Will confirm later tonight.

NOTE: I’m using the home charging pod and not the 5A/15A cable.

1 Like

@rajeshkav

we CANNOT remove the cable when the charging is happening. however, the same CAN BE removed once the MCB is turned OFF without inserting the key. Note, this is from home charging pod and not the Ather Grid.

@Shreyas @Ather.Team Is this expected?

1 Like

Looks like your home pod has some issue. Please call customer care.

Without inserting the key and turning on the scooter, you SHOULD NOT be able to pull charging cable as there is a solenoid that will lock. Upon turning on the key, you will hear a unlock click in a good system. This is irrespective of power present or not.

1 Like

yes, I should and appears like its time to call them.
thanks for sharing your thoughts, expertise.

Another things is my home pod is showing FAST CHARGING although I know that this is not the case for the personal home pod installations.

I apologize for my comment above. This morning I checked in my home charging point, it behaves similar to what you said… When there is no power, without the key, I am able to remove nozzle.

@Shreyas , is this acceptable behaviour?

If the solenoid gets disengaged without the key, then I feel it is wrong. I remember Tarun saying this in the open house that key acts like security/safety where other users cannot just pull out. Or is this applicable only to Public Charging?

Lets take this case. We are charging our bike in home/public pod. Without the owner’s will and wish , other user should not pull out to charge second vehicle.

Earlier in your reply, you had indicated as below.

no problem, thanks for promptly updating or reverting. I was planning to call customer service tomorrow to schedule a visit. Meanwhile, it would be good to get an answer from @Shreyas or @Ather.Team

Looking into it. Will update you on this soon

1 Like

@mantena, @rajeshkav

We’ve identified this to be a bug. We are working on fixing this at the earliest and this should come in with the next OTA update.

The intended behavior is to keep the connector locked in place irrespective of power going in the vehicle or not once connected. Only the key-on should unlock the connector from the vehicle.

4 Likes

Appreciate your quick answer. Thanks.

@Shreyas my home point started glowing red today. Did the switch off-on dance with the RCCB, but still glowing red. It was working fine (green) until an hour ago.

What should I do now? Don’t have the bike yet, so don’t ask me to plug it in :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may check after some time., say an hour or so…

RED might be because,

• input voltage might be above or below the expected range
  • there is leakage from line to neutral or line to earth (you might have defective instrument at home, please unplug all and check)
  • if above does not , call customer care.

And do remember to update here for everybody’s interest. All the best and wish you speedy recovery :wink:

3 Likes

And one more… please remove all the plastic wrapping. Electronic circuitry inside requires air to flow.

2 Likes

Switched it off now. Will try again tomorrow morning

1 Like

Checked now and it’s running green.

1. Could have been a voltage issue. There was a day long power cut till about 6pm.

2. Like @rajeshkav suggested the point was hot and shutdown to avoid a thermal failure ?

1 Like

Good to hear… Just watch out these. If you have voltmeter at home, you may watch whether it is voltage issue. I strongly suggest you to remove all plastic wrapping.

I don’t get why in India people keep their electronic products covered, they need to dispate heat.
Only in india have I have seen people not removing the plastic cover in appliances, tv, car seats/mirrors even after years.

3 Likes

Mi8 be its called initial days love phobia. Most of Indians have this phobia, including me. It’s like how we protect our mobile wen it’s brand new.

1 Like

Got the Charging Pod just now…
And I removed the plastic :slight_smile:

By the way, the team did a great job.

3 Likes

What’s your order ID?