Help us make the Ather Grid experience better!

Purchased Ather with December offer. According to December offer, I get free access to Ather grids till December 31st 2023.

Attached proof for the same. @abhishek.balaji please let me know what’s the situation on this

1 Like

I strongly believe charging customers 1rupee/minute is a great thing.

Here’s why

It takes roughly 40-50 minutes to go from 0-80%. Assuming that you’re travelling 50 kms in eco mode. You need to charge it once every 2 days.

So your cost for travelling 100kms is roughly about <100 rupees on Ather, this on an activa would be around ~ 200 rupees (considering 50kmpl and 100 rupees cost of petrol) Charging on grid cheaper than ICE.

I live in HSR Bangalore, the grid situation is just pathetic here. People would just leave their vehicles for charging upto 80% always. I had to wait for 2 hours once to just get 15 minutes of charging. I rely on grid because my house owner denied setting up Ather charger due to rented space.

And no, regardless of Tier 1 or Tier 2, charging behaviour is still the same. If you’re travelling for a longer distance, carry the portable charger with you and set it to charge wherever your workplace is. Relying on grid for being your everyday source is just not going to work out.

6 Likes

Somebody writing something is not proof. Do you anything confirmed from Ather while buying scooter.

I was confirmed 3 years of grid charging free. Also all other new owners in my city are being confirmed this

2 Likes

Ather’s own website

Newspaper

I have more screenshots as well. Big media houses like Financial express and Rushlane had covered it as well and there was no asterisks or terms and conditions there.

Kindly don’t argue baselessly.

5 Likes

Not arguing. Just curious if anything was confirmed from Ather. All you posted so far is from media. In any case, I will be happy if you get what you were assured if Ather assured it. All the best.

2 Likes

Thanks man.

Posted screenshots for the same.

1 Like

Yup, I also have a mail from Ather for the dec offer of 1 year free access, as I had requested this earlier when I bought the vehicle as I didn’t get any acknowledgement

1 Like

Perfect. You guys are in good shape then. Ather should honour thr commitment. :+1:

You have to consider Citi Mall’s parking for Ather Fast Charger.

Who purchased Ather during the offer of free grid charging for a year and 3 years it would be mapped to your scooter so even post paid charging starts you won’t be charged.

Ather is software scooter so you need not worry.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Looks like they from 15th June the process will commence of billing the Grid users. 100 Rs top-up will be most likely for testing out the system.

4 Likes

Beta testing is going on for the same till 14th June.

1 Like

There was an offer that was rolled out in December 2022 which said if you buy Ather in that particular month, Ather grid access would be free for an year from then. But since the option is still not rolled out, I have a question. Hope someone will be able to answer this.

Since the use-and-pay grid is not rolled out yet, does that mean owners who purchased Ather in December 2022 will get one year free access from the time it is rolled out?

3 Likes

Starting today the Ather app (beta users) mostly, updated to version 8.1.0 you will receive Rs. 100 as Ather Grid Charging Balance. This will be to create a smooth transition from free charging to paid charging. Here is the glimpse.

4 Likes

Just now tested in a nearby grid on my gen 1.5

Looks like it’s not yet fully updated for testing. Still balance shows 100 and no entry in unpaid sessions page and i have charged for few minutes. SoC was near 92% after charging

Tried Ather grid app to check if 16A plug still works it’s still working the old way.

After the monetization update for Ather app. Getting irritating notifications to connect with Bluetooth repeatedly. Fix it 450 doesn’t have bluetooth we shouldn’t be getting those many repeated notifications

4 Likes

Does this work at places without network coverage? Like, if your account has balance, charger-scooter can locally communicate via bluetooth and start charging and deduct money. Some grid points don’t have network coverage, e.g Phoenix Mall basement in Bengaluru

4 Likes

Still not available on iOS. Are you using Android?

2 Likes

Always charging model should be on consumption basis and not the time connected with fast charger.

Fix the price per KWH and charge accordingly.

4 Likes