Grid sharing features

It’s not just that!

hmm let me explain
the ather uses a modified version of CCS type 2

here is CCS type 2 for you

Ather just needs to get an specs of the CCS type 2 connector currently used here and every other place and needs to create and adaptor that can be used in the current A.P.C. or a full APC that plugs in directly into the Ather

6 Likes

Its better to adopt to what is available at present. Sticking to own tech will hamper more if not changed over. Using common charging is better

1 Like

I can create my own charger, it’s just requires protocols and authentication codes (only dot) which can start the charging the process of charging , but we are here requesting ather to create a CCS type 2 Dc type adaptor for ather so if stuck at some place without charge you can use this adaptor to charge your scooter

2 Likes

Hi Ather Team,

I am ready to share space with Ather team to set up a grid station, as I Strongly support " Go Green"… I can get this set up in 5 different location, but off course with a cost , which is the electricity and a small space rent

Also , I can suggest you one more thing , whom ever you are selling the Ather , you can actually ask them if they can give some space to set up the grid station , in this way, there can lot of charging points within the city and you many also gain publicity , business and relief to owners… Anyways , we are part of Ather one …! And I guess no one has a problem to pay money for that… !! Please plan in increasing the charging station. It’s seriously needed.

2 Likes

That will be a win win game. Brilliant idea @Ather.Team must pursue this idea to win hearts.

1 Like

I have suggestion for charging @ ather grids points , as i see many owners drop the vehicle for charging & do not come back even when it is fully charged & other owners wait till he comes & remove from charging My suggestion is 1st 30 Minutes charging must be free, above 30 min ather can start fee the owner for every 30 min. how the fee works? owner can buy credit points from ather, this credit points can be redeemed as fee. or make a advance payment i hope this will solve lot of issue in grid points

3 Likes

People who buy Ather One and Ather charge, that includes unlimited ather grid use, which ather promises. Your idea is good, but not possible though.

u are right about plans which covers the unlimited grid use there can be changes in this too , if ather brings CAP on THIS , it is possible or point areas of grids, where there is more demand of charging, they can bring cap on this grids if possible.

it is unlikely that Ather will change their charging connector … its the way of making customers come back to them ! and i partly agree to that … after all its funded company and we should be thankful to big companies like “hero” and “flipkart (the bansal bros)” for supporting Ather financially.

imagine if they provide connectors compatible to public fast charging then there will not be much dependency on “Ather grid” which ultimately means losing one key point of their subscription plan. besides i highly doubt that Ather has added custom charging sockets “just to protect Ather electronics inside” … this can be avoided if you add/modify some electronics already. same goes with not using bluetooth/wifi inbuilt … to create “dependency” i hope you get the business here :wink:

Ather is NOT Tesla to have crazy supercharger network :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ather.Team, A suggestion to solve the problem of 100% charged bike still at the grid.

8 Likes

Nice idea . That can be implemented

Good idea, request ather team to consider and work on it…

1 Like

I can think of a couple of direly needed features for Ather Grid:

1. (I think someone long ago had suggested something similar here) Have a QR code on every charging point. One should be able to scan that code using the Ather app and allow him/her to send an alert from within the app to the person currently using the charger so as to indicate that there is someone waiting to charge (making it an in-app feature will also avoid the risk of disclosing phone numbers)

2. The other option is to have the app by default start alerting the owner in regular intervals when his/her Ather is fully charged but connected to the grid. This should frustrate the owners into becoming more responsible and disconnect after their charging is done!

@abhishek.balaji, thoughts?

5 Likes

I vote for this… Other possibilities are,

1. When the 450 reaches certain SoC (say 80% or so), if any other person scans the QR code of that charging station, then the present nozzle should stop and unlatch. However if no one scans the QR, then the charging can continue.

2. If any user violates the rule, then he should be penalized. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just building on this thought, how feasible is a remote unlock of the charger from the vehicle? If, say, I am somewhere far away from the parking area when I get an alert on my app stating that my vehicle’s SoC is at 100% and someone is waiting to charge their Ather, can I just click on a button in the app and release the charger so that the next person can take over without coming running all the way just to turn on the vehicle and unplug the charger?

This is an interesting idea! Just wondering what kind of penalty Ather can apply. I guess a monetary penalty is of course not feasible…

One idea is to penalize such user in the next grid charge. Either

• It will charge only up to 50% (this is one time)
  • It will charge very slow (this is one time)
1 Like

Ah nice! Though, in option #2, it would be killer irony if the next guy has to wait longer for the first guy to finish charging exactly because the first guy was penalized with slower charging because he made someone wait the last time he charged on the grid :joy:

2 Likes

Different options can be thought of. In case of option 2 (slow charging), nozzle will come out immediately when the next person scans the QR code (without waiting to achieve 80%)…

2 Likes