Grid sharing features

That will be a win win game. Brilliant idea @Ather.Team must pursue this idea to win hearts.

1 Like

I have suggestion for charging @ ather grids points , as i see many owners drop the vehicle for charging & do not come back even when it is fully charged & other owners wait till he comes & remove from charging My suggestion is 1st 30 Minutes charging must be free, above 30 min ather can start fee the owner for every 30 min. how the fee works? owner can buy credit points from ather, this credit points can be redeemed as fee. or make a advance payment i hope this will solve lot of issue in grid points

3 Likes

People who buy Ather One and Ather charge, that includes unlimited ather grid use, which ather promises. Your idea is good, but not possible though.

u are right about plans which covers the unlimited grid use there can be changes in this too , if ather brings CAP on THIS , it is possible or point areas of grids, where there is more demand of charging, they can bring cap on this grids if possible.

it is unlikely that Ather will change their charging connector … its the way of making customers come back to them ! and i partly agree to that … after all its funded company and we should be thankful to big companies like “hero” and “flipkart (the bansal bros)” for supporting Ather financially.

imagine if they provide connectors compatible to public fast charging then there will not be much dependency on “Ather grid” which ultimately means losing one key point of their subscription plan. besides i highly doubt that Ather has added custom charging sockets “just to protect Ather electronics inside” … this can be avoided if you add/modify some electronics already. same goes with not using bluetooth/wifi inbuilt … to create “dependency” i hope you get the business here :wink:

Ather is NOT Tesla to have crazy supercharger network :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Ather.Team, A suggestion to solve the problem of 100% charged bike still at the grid.

8 Likes

Nice idea . That can be implemented

Good idea, request ather team to consider and work on it…

1 Like

I can think of a couple of direly needed features for Ather Grid:

1. (I think someone long ago had suggested something similar here) Have a QR code on every charging point. One should be able to scan that code using the Ather app and allow him/her to send an alert from within the app to the person currently using the charger so as to indicate that there is someone waiting to charge (making it an in-app feature will also avoid the risk of disclosing phone numbers)

2. The other option is to have the app by default start alerting the owner in regular intervals when his/her Ather is fully charged but connected to the grid. This should frustrate the owners into becoming more responsible and disconnect after their charging is done!

@abhishek.balaji, thoughts?

5 Likes

I vote for this… Other possibilities are,

1. When the 450 reaches certain SoC (say 80% or so), if any other person scans the QR code of that charging station, then the present nozzle should stop and unlatch. However if no one scans the QR, then the charging can continue.

2. If any user violates the rule, then he should be penalized. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just building on this thought, how feasible is a remote unlock of the charger from the vehicle? If, say, I am somewhere far away from the parking area when I get an alert on my app stating that my vehicle’s SoC is at 100% and someone is waiting to charge their Ather, can I just click on a button in the app and release the charger so that the next person can take over without coming running all the way just to turn on the vehicle and unplug the charger?

This is an interesting idea! Just wondering what kind of penalty Ather can apply. I guess a monetary penalty is of course not feasible…

One idea is to penalize such user in the next grid charge. Either

• It will charge only up to 50% (this is one time)
  • It will charge very slow (this is one time)
1 Like

Ah nice! Though, in option #2, it would be killer irony if the next guy has to wait longer for the first guy to finish charging exactly because the first guy was penalized with slower charging because he made someone wait the last time he charged on the grid :joy:

2 Likes

Different options can be thought of. In case of option 2 (slow charging), nozzle will come out immediately when the next person scans the QR code (without waiting to achieve 80%)…

2 Likes

This looks like a really good option. If this is implemented it will be really helpful.

But this is not a good idea as it is not customer friendly. As far as I know Ather is very customer friendly so the automatic unlock seems better than the penalty idea.

2 Likes

One more option: 5. Since there are a lot of 450s around, try to increase number of chargers at the existing ather grid points(atleast by 1). This will not only increase the number of individual charging points. Even if multiple scooters are charging at least one of the owners will be sensible enough to come and unlock their scooter.

2 Likes

Yeah this was the suggestion by me.

5 Likes

Hey folks!

Some great news on this front! When you plug in your scooters at an Ather Grid point, the charger will now unlock automatically once the scooter is charged up to 100%. This means that if another scooter is plugged in and has reached 100%, you will be able to remove the charger and plug in your Ather.

This has been enabled on 450X and 450 Plus from Day 1, and will be rolled out as an OTA to all Ather 450s as well in the next couple of months.

No more trying to wait and hunt down another owner to charge up your Ather. :smiley:

23 Likes

Brilliant! Finally available :grin: