FAME Subsidy

FAME 2 subsidy is administered by the Central Government. The On -Road price is inclusive of FAME subsidy so you’ll just need to upload your Aadhar card while making final payment.

1 Like

thanks.

When will be the payment window opening for Ahmedabad, i expected it to be 31 Oct

FAME 2 subsidy for Ather 450X

Looks like the ex showroom cost of the 450X is not shown to the govt as 1,59,000 but as 1,42,000. Thus making the 450X eligible for the Fame 2 subsidy ( which is capped at 1.5Lakhs ex showroom)

Source : Telgeram @cyberboysumanjay and courtesy, the dealer from Hyderabad (I guess…?) 🤷

2 Likes

What is that Service Charge & Penalty head? I never paid a service charge for my 450 and what penalty am I being asked to pay for even before the delivery? Does the dealer anticipate me running a red light as soon as I take delivery?

6 Likes

I think this is a dealer thing. Stuff like mirror assembling and maybe washing the vehicle pre delivery. Just taking a guess. It’s the only service I can think of, at delivery. Why the penality though, doesn’t look very good. :sweat_smile: @abhishek.balaji maybe suggest your dealers to name it differently?

For not disclosing the real ex showroom cost :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Initially during 450x launch - many of us thought that 450X won’t get FAME subsidy because of the price cap of 1.5 lacs.

During 450x launch, 450X and 450 Plus were still meant to be same hardware. And, 450x is just a software restriction removal to get the upgraded performance (or 450 plus was just a software restriction on 450X).

So, It was smart thing done by Ather to keep same price for both (under 1.5L for FAME) and I feel technically legal. Because, with subscriptions one could have mix of Plus and 450X at any time.

Now with talks of 450 Plus and 450X having different hardware I am not sure if it can have same ex-show room price.

Also - if ex-showroom price is same, insurance should be same right? :stuck_out_tongue:

How does a performance pack changes the insurance value of your scooter?

Performance pack is considered as accessories that are covered additionally. Similar to adding an expensive aftermarket audio system that you added to you car, you can include them as fittings that need to covered by insurance.

1 Like

Oh okay - I did not know that after-market accessories to the car can be covered by insurance. When I renewed my in-law’s car, always just gave the ex-showroom and paid for IDV. zero value depreciation was the only extras :smiley:

By the way, for hardware differences it is fine. But when it was only a software restriction, how does insurance value make a difference? If u get into accident, it is same bluetooth, same motor.

FAME subsidy eligibility is calculated on the ex-Factory prices and not the ex-Showroom prices. Sorry for introducing one more pricing number here :stuck_out_tongue:

So the 450X does qualify under FAME since the ex-Factory price meets the requirement.

Also, this price list has the ex-showroom prices after subsidy

1 Like

Right right… we all had these discussions on Ather 450 with FAME 1, Ather 450 with FAME2 and then on Ather 450X…

So ex-factory price was not new to many of us… we just forgot :slight_smile:

A curious question though: FAME 2 says - subsidy is eligible only for scooters with ex-factory price less than 1.5 lacs. If ex-showroom price (after FAME 2 subsidy) is 1.42 lacs, then ex-factory price is 1.71 lacs. That makes it ineligible for FAME 2.

So, what is the real ex-factory price of Ather 450X?

That’s the on road price. Ex factory will be less than ex showroom. So technically the upgrade kit on the 450 plus to make it the 450X is included in ex showroom but not in the ex factory. Since I guess it’s being considered as an accessory over what was coming out of the factory. Cant even say that’s wrong. :person_shrugging: Just a loophole. If you bought a 200cc bike and got an upgrade for the engine to 250cc you’d have to mention it on the RC. In EVs no such thing necessary. So I guess we need to let it slide. Works for me if it enables the customer to get a 29k subsidy. Just wish it didn’t come at the cost of that tiny bit of 18% GST on the “upgrade pack”

3 Likes

Sorry, I still do not understand this breakup. @abhishek.balaji mentioned that the ex-showroom price is after FAME subsidy. Then, how ex-factory price can be lesser than ex-showroom price?

Also if you see the second line item Road tax 6857, it is calculated as 4% of 1,71,415.

Oh dang. I’m confused too now. @abhishek.balaji care to help us out?

Oh right. My bad. It isn’t. I guess somehow Ather got the ex factory price just under 1.5Lakhs and then added all the other costs on top of that to get the ex showroom cost of 1.42lakhs. 22 k worth of stuff like the charger.

1 Like

Here’s a handy guide that’ll help simplify this:

But what’s important is that If you’re eligible to claim FAME 2 subsidy, it’ll be applicable on both the 450X and the 450 Plus

2 Likes

Hope this helps

Ex-factory is less than 1.5L then fame-2 subsidy is applied after that upgradation charges & X,Y,Z charges are applied so ultimately the price is coming to 1.42L

P.S: For 450x 450plus is shown in x-factory and the “X” benefits are shown as upgradation.This is done to get the benefit of fame-2.

Right I understand the intention. But what is the ex-factory price for Ather 450x?

Thanks Abhishek. To make it simple, if you can give the ex-factory price, that will solve the puzzle.

You can give as long as that is something that can be disclosed :wink:

Unfortunately can’t disclose that price here. There are a few competitors sneaking around here :eyes:

6 Likes

Haha. But you have given out the strategy. :grinning:

Anyway, this sub-limit by govt is too small and affects good quality EV getting subsidy.

Govt does not reduce tax slabs straight. Gives all stupid deductions and most ends up claiming it anyway. Unnecessary complications and unnecessary paper work in filling.