FAME Subsidy

Assume it’s close to 1,49,999 + 29,000 so ~1,79,000 Just a guess

My guess base price 99k just like mentioned in subscription. :grinning:

By the way, let’s not give out what Ather doesn’t want to give out.

Edit: 99k not possible. Ex-factory plus GST cannot be less than 145,000 to get 29k subsidy.

I find it a little surprising as to how the people who came up with this thought an approximate battery size of an 15 kWh would be enough for a 4 wheeler. How much range would that give? 100-120km? That’s really less :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I think, at the time. The only reference to an EV was the mahindra E20 which came with around a 15kWh battery pack. It needs to be revised soon. With more the eKUV and more EVs coming out in the future. They will probably revisit these terms.

Hi All,

I am recent buyer of Ather 450X and I am not understanding where is my FAM 2 subsidy? As per Ather customer care, Ather doesn’t provide the subsidy to consumers. they adjust the subsidy with the pricing of Ather 450X. Isn’t this a violation of government norms? I am concerned and confused. Can anyone help me out?

Nope. The FAME2 subsidy is given to the manufacturer who will pass it on as a discount in your invoice.

This is how it worked for FAME1 as well (albeit a smaller subsidy!)

4 Likes

Hi Abhishek(@abhishek.balaji ),

I booked Ather in Jan 2020 ,. Ather 450X was priced at 1.59 lk ex showroom. Fame subsidy of 29k was announced earlier this year , however instead of passing on the benefit to the customer the price of the vehicle has been increased to 1.9 lk.

It would have been reasonable if the company considered passing on the Fame subsidy back to the customer who have waited over a year rather than increasing the price of the vehicle by 29 k.

Regards Vinod

FAME Subsidy was there right from Day 1. Throughout, the process remained the same. If the customer is eligible for FAME Subsidy, then the discount is there. Otherwise, they will pay 29k more than the price mentioned on the website.

Because > 95% of the customers are eligible for FAME subsidy, Ather (and all other manufacturers) show the price assuming 29k subsidy.

Fame subsidy is passed to customers unless they previously own a 2W EV.

This subsidy is available only for those who do not own a E2W. (1vehicle 2W Per Aadhaar card allowed)

Well I got the subsidy. I booked it from Delhi.

1. FAME2 has been existence since 1st April 2019.

2. The ₹1.59 lakhs shown was Bangalore ex-showroom with subsidy applied. Insurance, registration, road tax and transport cost get added on - which will vary based on city & state.

1 Like

Thank you @prasathvishnu , your reply helps me understand the FAME Subsidy working better.

Please can you also let me know if what is mentioned about the subscription plan below is true , Is the subscription option still available and with regards to battery life which one is better?

"If you were to opt for the subscription plan, the cost works to Rs 99,000 (ex-showroom), along with Rs 1,999 (Pro) or Rs 1,699 (Plus) per month. Say, for a period of three years, you’d end up spending Rs 71,964 over and above the Rs 99,000 (ex-showroom) that you pay for the Pro plan. The figure drops to Rs 61,164 in case you opt for the Plus. Over five years, you spend Rs 1.19 lakh for the monthly Pro pack and Rs 1.01 lakh for the Plus. This, however, includes free battery replacement, which would otherwise cost around Rs 35,000-40,000 to replace.

Now, if you buy the vehicle outright, you end up paying nearly the same amount – Rs 1.49 lakh and Rs 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom) for the Plus and Pro, respectively – if you think of sticking with the scooter for three years. But this is minus the benefits of the subscription plans, including the unlimited battery warranty. And if you choose the Ather Charge plan at Rs 400 per month, the cost works up to Rs 14,400 for three years and Rs 24,000 for five years, over and above the upfront cost of the scooter. "

src:https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-news/ather-450x-subscription-vs-full-price-purchase-whats-the-difference-416169

1 Like

The 450 plus is now 1.39 Lakhs after subsidy.

And sorry to say but these subscriptions plans have been discontinued. You can buy it outright or lease it. But there’s no unlimited battery warranty anymore

What do you mean ? In terms of range. The 450X ( previously called 450Pro ) will give you more range.
In terms of battery degradation I think the 450 plus will continue to give its rated range for a bit longer than the 450X

@Suraj_madhu Does that mean we should anticipate Rs 35000 -40000 for battery replacement after 3 year and/or 30000 kms beyond the buyback period if you buy the 450X today .

This was the price that was anticipated for 2021-2022 but that was for the smaller 2.7kWh battery pack in the 450. With 450Xs bigger battery. I would assume as of now the price is upwards of 55-60k for the battery alone.
In 3-4 years there’s no telling about how the prices will be tbh. Sometime in the future the 4680 cells could be available to be used for the 450 platform and we all might end up spending 50-60k for a battery with more range than we’re getting now.
But honestly, you won’t need a battery change in 3 years. The oldest 450 owners at 30k Km and almost 3 yrs are barely noticing any loss in range. These batteries degrade quickly the first year and then slow down a bit. I know a few people who have used lead acid batteries for 4-5 years. The battery in our Ather should last 5+ years comfortably. Going out of warranty doesn’t mean it’ll be unusable. If you don’t mind 40Km range down from the 60Km you’re getting now, then your scooter should last 5+ years Comfortably.

2 Likes

Thank you @Suraj_madhu for the information.

Unhappy with the way Ather has withdrawn the subscription plan even before starting sales in Kochi, though we were waiting since Jan2020. I am still waiting on clarity on the pricing at the moment . e.g the ex-showroom price (Rs 162844) is different from what is shown on the Ather website (Rs 161426) .

Nope, not specific to Kochi timelines; it was never rolled out anywhere. Based on the barrage of negative feedback from potential owners for a subscription service, Ather concluded that it didn’t have the demand to justify the effort in setting up such a programme.

I think Ather should reconsider it for places like Kochi where they are operating through dealership and do not have a company owned store. It would help in gaining the trust of the customers with respect to service quality and assurance. Not to mention the other benefits from reduction in GST, road tax etc.

What does the subscription plan have to do with GST and Road Tax?. Either way, they also need to find a finance partner willing to take on this kind of ownership models. Tarun was pretty clear during the S1 launch that they couldn’t find a suitable partner and that overall response from Pre-order customer was negative.

Unless more manufacturers comes out with such models, NBFCs would be wary of getting into such a credit partnership.

Ha ha…that’s the beauty of Ather! Marketing the Scooter with a tagline of 1.4 Lakhs and finally billing up for over 1.75! And that is MINUS the FAME incentive of Rs 29K that Ather will ONLY RETAIN!

And they further cheat by issuing you TWO SEPARATE INVOICE for same product!!