FAME Subsidy

Just wanna ask @Ather.Team is ather450 manufactured 50% localisation content?

1 Like

Policy looks good and I support.

I also hope this policy gets implemented soon so that people are not affected by change.

5 Likes

They have assured this as told to me.
I had asked this question to someone at Ather space and I got a confident reply.

4 Likes

True, if subsidy is not there, sales will be severely affected.

While I support the localization rule, it’s bad in government part that they announced by March 1 and give details on mid March and expect that to be implemented by April 1. How can any company do it soon?

They should have given timeline of 3 months by then this should be adhered to.

Until then either FAME 1 or FAME 2 should have been applicable.

6 Likes

When in the world is the deliveries going to resume? @Shreyas kindly tell us is there any positive move in the subsidy implementation and when can we expect the deliveries and registration to begin? @tarun @tarunsmehta @swapniljain @swapnil.iitm pls give us some clarity on the same! TIA
RGT

Hi @dr.rakshithgt,

I had posted the following update last week. I think it might have gotten missed. Posting it here:

Beyond this, we do not have more clarity yet. We will let you know when we do.

2 Likes

Hi… Any discount option available… If i opts for vehicle without subsidy … As I’m already spending rs 200/daily for CAB from last 20 days :relieved:

1 Like

Same question here! If at all there are any discounts then we both I and @suresshchand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: will definitely consider buying it before further clarification on FAME II…!
RGT

:crazy_face: Koun bola… Koun bola :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks @Shreyas but I was just worried about any further developments in the implementation of FAME II but unfortunately there is nothing much to know as of now!
Keeping fingers crossed to get the delivery by May19!!! :sweat_smile:
RGT

this is what is there on the FAME India website! But there is no news at all about fame 2 and it’s implementation!
RGT

1 Like

This site gets updated very very late. Govt announced FAME 2 on March 1. But site updated gazette notification about that only on April

1 Like

Any news yet on fame 2 @Shreyas?

Hey Guys,
We don’t have a concrete date for resuming deliveries yet. The certification testing is nearing completion and we should have a closure on the same shortly. We will have to get all the registrations re-done over the course of the next week. Will keep you updated on the progress as we get more information and clarity.

4 Likes

Thank u :blush:

Here’s a calculation I made with the available information at present.

4 Likes

Makes it more compelling for all 340 orders to upgrade to 450s.

What does "we will have to get all the registrations re-done over the course of the next week mean? Does it mean all previously purchased ather owners need to re-register their vehicles with FAME2 guidelines or does it mean new vehicles awaiting delivery are getting registered as per new guidelines?? Little confusing so small clarification needed…!
RGT

2 Likes

I think this mean registration of Ather 450 as an eligible recipient of subsidy. Not for individual vehicles but the registration of the model with fame authority. Just like crash test was done for one nexon and the model got 4 stars from ncap. Not every car went for crash test. Hope this clears the understanding.

6 Likes

Not only Ather, all EV vehicle registration stopped because of FAME2.

1 Like