Extended battery warranty - 2years additional

Hi Abhishek,

Great to know that you are going to support existing Gen 3 customers also. But it would be really great if the same price Rs.1 is offered.

I am getting the delivery today (04.12.2022) but invoice date was last month end, it’s quite disappointed that I didn’t get eligiblity for the offers despite I’m getting the vehicle in December.

Thanks.

13 Likes

Hi Abhishek,

What wrong did the existing customers do?

Buying Earlier!

Please do consider the existing customers too as they trusted Ather earlier than the buyers yet to buy.

Feels disappointed as the offer applicable only for new customers :frowning:

12 Likes

Yeah looks like believing brand and buying early is the mistake we did.

9 Likes

I’ll ask them over twitter, because this is just unfair. This scooter is God-damn expensive, and now we hear this kind of news.

5 Likes

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the update, however I don’t feel its justified for existing customers, because ₹ 8500/- would have to paid more, I mean what did we do wrong here?

I would find it more justifiable if existing customers who recently bought Ather offered for the same ₹ 1 /-

6 Likes

I’m not getting it? A battery is a battery is a battery is a battery.

Every single product in the market has warranty and almost all the products in the market gets issues post warranty and an Ather battery will surely work without any issues even after 1 lakh km’s just the range decreases a bit but the battery won’t stop running.

You don’t worry much about warranty because even if you buy it it’s of no use because Ather knows that their batteries won’t go down below 90% even after 60,000km then how come it can degrade below 70% IMPOSSIBLE this could also be the reason for providing warranty till 5 year’s.

That is why Ather does various number of tests on the battery before the final inspection. It’s a battery and every battery is treated in a same way.

You don’t worry about that, even if the sun come’s near to earth that won’t happen.

2 Likes

Why we need to pay extra. We are also an Ather customers

7 Likes

Despite these many posts made by me,this was straight forward :joy::zap:

6 Likes

This is definitely a good move by Ather to instill confidence for the on-the-fence buyers but as many others have pointed out in this thread, how is Ather planning to do right by its existing customers? Specifically, who got their scooters a few days before this was announced? I don’t mind paying for Ather Grid charging, but an assurance of 5 years of battery guarantee would be nice to have.

7 Likes

No wonder how much you guys torch/burn/cry, Ather is not going to provide free (1 re) battery warranty extension, it’s a standard procedure throughout the industry to make maximum sales during December as the year model which affects the second-hand sales because of the year model.

That is true, I have never seen a BMS/battery pack this robust built.

5 Likes

Not cool… I bought mine in Oct 22 and facing a lot of issues. Least they can do is offer some sort of releif.

2 Likes

Is there any “value engineering” done wrt battery components to announce warranty extension… just curious to know :blush:

3 Likes

I m also join this brand 25 nov. Nov me fool bnaya logo ko Ather ne ab ye brand nhi raha ye ola se darr gye aur offer nikal ne lge, sayad aage free dene lg jaye

4 Likes

abhisek balaji , what’s wrong with the Ather? dont u guys dare to ignore existing or old customers ,these cheap 1 rupee promotion is not going to work for to long we (exiscting customers ) are the brand ambassdor of this company had recommended Ather to our neighbours ,relative etc and belive me these cunning acts will only shake our faith in the Ather . atleat provide something for 450 x gen 3 customers what is our fault in this else cancel this ugly offer ,we are feeling cheated .

3 Likes

Because we are fool im also fool, i m buy nov, we do only this we not buy Ather assessories and subscription.

1 Like

Hope this small example can answer some of your doubts. Nexon with 8 years battery warranty was replaced just in 2 years. Warranty is for 1.6lkh KM but got replaced in 70K KM

11 Likes

@abhishek.balaji sir we appreciate you jumping here and clearing doubts and queries. Our only suggestion would be to bring up same offers for existing customers like for the new ones. Now, I am considering this beyond my imagination - If the Battery is made to last even after 5 years then Y to come up with battery warranty extension for new customers and ignore existing customers. And when the existing customers are raising concerns, they are told not to worry for battery. Don’t want to sratch and pin but just request to please come up with some offers for the existing customers of 450x Gen3.

5 Likes

True, why is Ather seeding the minds of people this way? Why ache up things and doubts, why create controversy?

Either it means one of two things, either Batteries aren’t long lasting or not certain if they can sustain long time. Not quoting batteries aren’t safe, I’ve extensively researched about your batteries.

But why did this ideology come up?

4 Likes

I think if the December offers were in the form of discounts or any other complimentary accessories we wouldn’t be this upset. But since it’s in the form of extended warranty for literally the same scooter we bought days/months back, it’s quite not acceptable.

Battery warranty is the most sensitive topic on EV imo.

5 Likes

Two years is a long time. You will see lot of options by that time. There is no way to know. There may be aftermarket packs, your local chotu will come up with a “jugad.” Of course at the expense of fire risks.

Battery tech may change, If my battery lasts for about 3 years, I wouldn’t worry much about it.

3 Likes