Extended battery warranty - 2years additional

That’s so bad Ather, hope you are listening.

7 Likes

Charging at grids occasionally will drastically degrade the battery as it gets heated up…It’s only recommended to use grids during emergencies or long rides…Charging time decreases, battery life decreases :blush:…People think that charging at Ather grid reduces the electricity costs but that would surely cost you in future :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Completely disagree…This means some batteries would burst and some would stay??..Ather manufactures 98% of their batteries with consistent quality…There is nothing such that some batteries would end by 1 year or so…If that happens then atleast out of 60k users 10k users must have changed their batteries and just imagine about the market of Ather 60,000×10,000=60000000 :joy:…As of now owning an Ather for 5 years I don’t hear anyone in the community saying this :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Why Ather is giving a Battery warranty as 3 years only? Regarding battery burning issues Yes some batteries can burn and some not as you can already see it with some electric scooters in the market. Also one Nexon car caught fire in Bombay i guess. which was the 1st Nexon to burn. Any battery can get faulty / life reduces due to Manufacturing defect or due to other reasons which can be charging cycles also. It can be 1 in 60K and that 1 mite be you or me or anyone

5 Likes

@tarun requesting an explanation for this sir…

3 Likes

Atleast they should provide 2years extended warranty offer for Ather 450x gen 3 users because it is a recently launched scooter… i don’t know in what perspective they are giving offers to the new users for the same previling model. Old users should voice out their opinion on thisits really bad… new users buy the scooter with the positive feedback given by the exisiting users if they disappoint exisiting users they will surely go back in the market.

We need 2year extended waranty for Ather 450x gen 3 users atleast

How can be the offers differ for the same model scooter?

8 Likes

December discounts and freebies is a standard auto industry practice. You will see manufacturers giving heavy discounts, free accessories, and free extended warranty for Dec bookings. It’s a similar offer by Ather to increase their sales. Dec is usually a slow month for sales as many prefer to buy in January to get a manufacturing date of new year.

12 Likes

correct bro :+1::+1:

2 Likes

It is unfare that new costumers will get the extended warranty for just rs1 . Why should not for old costumers. . I suggest that Ather should also provide this schemes with subscription upgrade/renewal. .

4 Likes

Even I made my purchase in November month and got delivered on 1st of December and on asking for the same offer they denied saying offer is only applicable for December invoice. This is completely unfair for people who already purchased. Atleast they should extend for gen 3 users

6 Likes

I feel cheated since I took delivery on 30th Novemeber. I agree it’s industry wide practice but if Ather also follows the same they will be one amount N brands and they should stop calling them as a premium brand. No premium brand does any to hurt existing customers

9 Likes

So what would be the reason given by the last person who took the Gen 2 ???

2 Likes

Atleast some delivered in July days before Gen 3 was launched :man_facepalming:. Company doesn’t care which product sells, just that it sells.

7 Likes

We knew about the december offers but getting 2year extended warranty for ₹8,000+ is unfair…the ev market is getting wider we can see new scooters releasing with better range…they should atleast give Ather 450x gen 3 model buyers (2years extended warranty for free) as it is recently released one. Even if the respective Ather support incharge looks into our requests i hope they will consider this ‘But you guys are giving convencing and support statements before Ather address this greviences’

This platform is for sharing things for betterment and to voice out our opinion towards Ather so let Ather officials look into this but i dont understand why do a common Ather owner interrupt and support Ather for a request which i am putting towards Ather

officials.

I am raising my voice for all Ather owners

12 Likes

I have bought the Ather 450x gen 3 recently, I feel disappointed that I have bought 450x early.

Requesting @tarun and Ather team to provide the same offer to recent buyers so that it will be a appreciation to all customers who have trusted Ather earlier than the user yet to buy. Hope they will be different from other companies and will not disappoint their customers :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I had contacted Ather customer support, they told the extended warranty would be applicable for Gen3 scooters, however the window is not open to purchase the same for the vehicle purchased prior Dec-22. and it may cost 6999+GST 18%.

I feel that Ather management should consider in providing at a discounted price if any purchases done within 90days.

And also free charging in Ather Grid until for 1year for purchases made in Dec-22. they have to think what other people did people who have bought in the month between Sep-22 to Nov-22?.

3 Likes

I bought in November 2022 , This is completely unfair, already facing connectivity and bluetooth pair issues , now this also , disappointed

4 Likes

Hey folks, Jumping in here to clarify some things about this discussion.

Introducing Ather Battery Protect

We’ve built some of the best battery packs in the industry, and we’ve seen some of the best reliability metrics. Our battery packs have been engineered to provide consistent, reliable performance. Building on providing a consistent, hassle-free experience through the life of the scooter, we’ve leveraged data from millions of kms clocked on Ather battery packs on scooters, and we’re introducing an industry-first extended warranty program for EV batteries. We want you to just ride, without worrying about battery degradation, optimising charging patterns or thinking twice before fast charging or using performance modes.

So here’s what Ather Battery Protect offers:

1. A 2 year extension to your existing warranty, making it 5 years or 60,000 kms (whichever is earlier).

2. 100% coverage of any electronic failures with cells, battery pack or the BMS.

3. Performance Guarantee - This is something no other manufacturer offers. Not only is your battery covered against all defects, it will be guaranteed to have > 70% health right till the end of the 5th year. This means consistent, reliable performance, even into the 5th year of ownership.

4. No upper limit on the claim amount, and we even offer negligence protection against deep discharge of cells when unused for along period of time. This shields you from any changes in battery or BMS prices years from now.

We’re rolling this out in phases, starting with a limited period offer to add on at Rs. 1 for those purchasing a new scooter in December. We’ll start offering the extended warranty package for existing owners starting 2023, and more details will follow in Jan 2023.

18 Likes

But we need to pay 7000 Rs + GST rite for bought the vehicle before 15 days?

Please consider atleast who bought one or two months ago for this offer

5 Likes

Same case in purchase also, Vehicle delivery is today (04.12.2022) since last month end was invoice date, they are not extending their support to get the offers.

Quiet disappointing in this process. They should atleast extend the offers to Gen 3 customers.

@tarun

12 Likes