EV Policy, Roadtax and Registration fees

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/tn-to-unveil-electric-vehicle-policy-by-next-month-end/article28702997.ece

Hope we may get exemption from Road tax and registration fee before delivery.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Transport commissioner’s robotic reply, didn’t even care to check the EV policies of other neighbouring states. Even thought I had mentioned in the petition that except Kerala all neighbouring states are not charging road taxes for EV.

Hope the EV policies of TN that may be announced by month end will get the Road taxes to zero

1 Like

UP EV policy highlights as per ET news (still not released officially):

1. 100% waiver of registration and road tax for first 1lakh vehicles.

2. It plans to set up 200,000 electric charging stations by 2024 and put 1 million EVs, including 1,000 buses, on the road by then.

3. The policy names Varanasi, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Agra, Prayagraj, Kanpur, Mathura, Ghaziabad, Meerut and NOIDA as ‘model EM cities’ where efforts will be made to convert 70% of public transport vehicles to EVs by 2030. NOIDA will be the pilot city for this project in 2020.

4. In these 10 cities the state government aims to replace 50% of cabs, school buses, ambulances and government vehicles with EVs by 2024. All new housing and commercial complexes over 5,000 sq m will need to create EV charging facilities to get completion certificates.

5. Incentives for setting up EV or battery manufacturing units have been rolled out in the form of 25% waiver in land cost and other benefits under the UP Investment Policy of 2017. A quarter of the cost of setting up the first 1,000 EV charging stations in the state will be reimbursed by the government to the tune of Rs 6 lakh per station. EV charging stations will be set up at every 50 km distance on all major expressways in the state.

6. Incentives will also be given to existing residential multi-storey buildings and IT parks to set up EV charging facilities.

UP EV policy

2 Likes

Question

Answer

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Vehicle RC

All electric vehicles in Tamil nadu will get 100% road tax exemption till 2022…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Finally good news for Chennai people…

3 Likes

Yes Rajesh, though TN was really late to the party, this is still a very good news.

But, this tax sop is for the manufacturers who are manufacturing in TN. So it’s left to the manufacturer to pass on the benefits by cutting the cost. Tax rebate to the manufacturer is not quantifiable. So I am not sure if the manufacturer will pass all the benefits to the consumer or price it according to the market demand and competition.

Because, direct benefits like FAME subsidy, Road Tax Exemption, Registration Fee exemption are directly passed on to the consumers…

I assume if Ather starts manufacturing in Chennai, the final price of Ather 450 would have gone below the 1 Lac barrier… :slight_smile:

EDIT: I realised Road Tax Exemption is confirmed. Now, over to Ather to start manufacturing in Chennai and pass on the benefits to set the market on fire. :slight_smile:

if my calculation is correct, Chennai price will be very close to Bangalore price (with 2 free helmets :smiley: )

Pre-GST Price 130293
CGST 3258
SGST 0
Road Tax 0
Smart Card Fee 850
Fame Subsidy 26710 (20% of Ex-Showroom Price 1,33,551)
Insurance 5826 (Approx)

On-road Price 1,13,517

1 Like

SGST is 0 for vehicles manufactured and sold in Tamilnadu. Ather is made in Bengaluru and hence will This will not benefit the Chennai customers. The changes will be the waiver of road tax and registration charges. below is the comparison of the current and new prices for Chennai.

The final On-Road for Ather 450 at Chennai will be ₹1,15,902. The Price in Bengaluru is ₹1,13,715. But for the ₹2,187 they get 2 extra helmets

7 Likes

Yup, I forgot that part. So GST remains 5%. So the only difference will be waiver of 4% road tax.

1 Like

Tamilnadu is waste still now they are collecting tax …

Yesterday was Tamilnadu Budget I did not see any allocation for the road tax waivers or specific details about it. Out f the 3 years tax holiday one year is already gone :slight_smile:

I have pre ordered 450 in chennai,and the payment window hasn’t opened yet,so will there be a price reduction due to ev policy?, since there is no update on the website

Government regulations are out of control of Ather isn’t it? The website will display whatever is the current price of vehicle according to the subsidies in the current applicable regulations. You’ll have to pay whatever is the applicable price at the time of your full payment.

1 Like

How much probability would be there to expect in the price of the ather 450 to reduce to 1.15L?

Have lodged a grievance to TamilNadu Chief Minister Cell last week using below link

:point_down:t3:

http://cmcell.tn.gov.in

regarding the implementation of TN EV Policy. The Petition got accepted and answered.

This means that EV owners doesn’t require to pay tax and reg fees in tamilnadu? This I asked several times on forum, but everybody told it is yet to implement. I could see the Govt Order date also in google.