EV Policy, Roadtax and Registration fees

This to discuss about EV policies of different states and other things

1 Like

Google search “state name” electric vehicle policy pdf

*https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.timesofindia.com/india/government-to-waive-registration-fee-for-evs-will-persuade-states-also-to-give-tax-breaks/amp_articleshow/69641815.cms&ved=2ahUKEwjkg6bKr6fjAhW17HMBHSerDYYQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw351vreeQk9YJYdFXLp7AGq&ampcf=1

Started reading these

Uploading: Screenshot_20190709-133555.jpg…

5 Likes

I request all the chennaites to lodge a grievance in CM cell. Not sure whether they are in the process of framing EV policy. Hundreds of grievances will alert them , that people are serious about EV.

Zero road tax and reg fees is all we need from TN govt to encourage EV.

5 Likes

@premindia871215 can you please share the link to lodge the grievance?

http://cmcell.tn.gov.in/pet_status.php

Register yourself and post your grievance .
It did work for me in couple of cases.

I will also mail the concerned transport minister
Vijaya Bhaskar (mail id. transec@tn.gov.in) and Chennai RTO asking to subsidize the taxes on EV.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I have now registered my grievance.

2 Likes

Done today

2 Likes

What about EV policy in Tamilnadu

No policy just reduced road tax I think 4% and registration fee is also there use above link to raise request to cm cell regarding zero percent road tax and waiver of registration fees on EV and will see if they respond if more people send requests

Done with the registration of grievance…

Should an Email be sent to transport department?

You can send, if you wish to approach transport minister thorough mail, rather going through formal petition.

Although I have sent a mail couple of weeks back, no response from them. Not even an acknowledgement

It’s been 4 months , TN announced they will come up with EV policy. Yet to announce it. My CM cell petition is with the transport commissioner. Any updates on your petitions?.

1 Like

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/tn-to-unveil-electric-vehicle-policy-by-next-month-end/article28702997.ece

Hope we may get exemption from Road tax and registration fee before delivery.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Transport commissioner’s robotic reply, didn’t even care to check the EV policies of other neighbouring states. Even thought I had mentioned in the petition that except Kerala all neighbouring states are not charging road taxes for EV.

Hope the EV policies of TN that may be announced by month end will get the Road taxes to zero

1 Like

UP EV policy highlights as per ET news (still not released officially):

1. 100% waiver of registration and road tax for first 1lakh vehicles.

2. It plans to set up 200,000 electric charging stations by 2024 and put 1 million EVs, including 1,000 buses, on the road by then.

3. The policy names Varanasi, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Agra, Prayagraj, Kanpur, Mathura, Ghaziabad, Meerut and NOIDA as ‘model EM cities’ where efforts will be made to convert 70% of public transport vehicles to EVs by 2030. NOIDA will be the pilot city for this project in 2020.

4. In these 10 cities the state government aims to replace 50% of cabs, school buses, ambulances and government vehicles with EVs by 2024. All new housing and commercial complexes over 5,000 sq m will need to create EV charging facilities to get completion certificates.

5. Incentives for setting up EV or battery manufacturing units have been rolled out in the form of 25% waiver in land cost and other benefits under the UP Investment Policy of 2017. A quarter of the cost of setting up the first 1,000 EV charging stations in the state will be reimbursed by the government to the tune of Rs 6 lakh per station. EV charging stations will be set up at every 50 km distance on all major expressways in the state.

6. Incentives will also be given to existing residential multi-storey buildings and IT parks to set up EV charging facilities.

UP EV policy

2 Likes

Question

Answer

3 Likes