Enable hotspot or e-sim please

I (and many other customers for sure) may not use connected services. So we might stay out of your connected services subscription plans, but at times we may need Maps / navigation functionality (like one or two days in a month). So please enable wifi functionality in the tab.

Alternatively, some customers who might have an extra sim (say - I have an extra data sim from my postpaid family plan) and want to utilize that sim for connected services. I cannot add that sim to this tab. So enabling e-sim services is highly recommended.

21 Likes

Wifi : No hardware available in the Plus or X to support this request.

SIM card : The Plus and X use an eSim.

6 Likes

23 Likes

So there is a secret menu :grinning:. Now I wonder how us 450 owners can get access to the diagnostic screen and see what is hidden for us.

5 Likes

Everything is possible on the 450X :sunglasses::sunglasses: 450 cannot!

6 Likes

@Rahul please come on dual incognito mode need to check for WiFi :crazy_face::grin:

4 Likes

:flushed: what am I seeing ayisa kaisa…:thinking: :eyes:

5 Likes

Can you guide me, how to connect to wifi

7 Likes

This is awesome. then I’ll not buy any “paid” connected services - subscriptions.

But,

1. Are you able to use navigation using wifi ?

2. Will the data sync to app when you connect through wifi ? to see all these

• Ride Statistics on the Ather App
    • Remote Location Tracking
    • Remote Charge Monitoring
    • Over-the-air Dashboard Improvements
    • Push Location from Ather App
    • Ride Statistics on the Ather App
2 Likes

Can you let us know how to access that menu

7 Likes

How to access this menu !!!

3 Likes

It’s a smart scooter. So, wifi functionality should be given. I have recently booked 450x and I have been using MapmyIndia or Google maps from 3 years for my petrol bike.

Just wanted to know does update happen without subscription charges.

4 Likes

Yes. Critical OTA updates would still be done if you are not on any sorts of subscription.

7 Likes

Seriously these ppl won’t understand… we just need WiFi / e-sim for maps. We do not need your ride stats or anything that requires storing logs in your servers and pay for them.( in plain words- no subscription)

3 Likes

There is a 4G e-SIM built-in the scooter. And accessing maps on the scooter requires data which does cost money, hence the subscription. Ather is just providing additional features with the plan. Maybe it could work on a plan which only gives access to maps. Don’t know how business centric this idea is but just a thought.

4 Likes

Since, the map is comercialy integrated to the scooter, google will charge ather for each maps (api) request. That’s why ather is putting out subscription plans.

5 Likes

This is an interesting topic which is very deeply discussed about how they are fetching the maps through api and why they are charging us and all. Ofcourse there is some cost involved for them to fetch the maps, analytics & Periodic softwae improvements, but this is where they also make some decent money.

Now that OLA electric is about to launch, I am curious to see how they are going to offer the navigation and other network based services. Since as I understand it is an app based concept and I think they are straight away using available maps and not fetching through APIs (not sure about this but it is my understanding correct me if wrong) & it also has wifi enabled out of box as per original app scooter features.

So few days to wait and see what is around the corner for ather. I am only interested in this front regarding OLA, since I guess there might be varients with different ranges (battery capacities) they might offer and the range claims they are doing is a marketing stunt like flat 50% off upto RS.50. So onboard features and their implementation is what I am interested to know abot OLA.

6 Likes

I had been studying battery tech and the cost involved for last couple of months. I don’t see ola going below 1.3L for the same specs as ather without any drastict improvements in battery chemistry and manufacturing techniques, just like what Tesla did with their 4680 battery pack. They should also improve the motor just like simple energy has claimed.

3 Likes

Some thing which I agree that is why I am interested to know the maps implementation and are they going to charge for this.

2 Likes

Ola is not aiming for profitability any time soon. Their whole purpose of existence is to disrupt the market by using the loads of funding they are getting.

So ola can easily wave off subscriptions and may also put up their own internal subsidy for their scooters.

6 Likes