Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

Not sure if this is covered

When I share the ride statistics through app it shares the pic along with incorrect captions

It should be 450x!

I will point out if I see this nomenclature error anywhere else but you guys can stop me by doing a simple Ctrl+F and search all occurance of 450 and validate it or make it dynamic by fetching the correct model and use that variable everywhere.

Please have some basic checklist maintained before creating any release and verify the sanity of the release too.

7 Likes

Ctrl+F hahaha​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: reminds me of my career starting days. My manager used to say please check client name before giving final report don’t embarrass me in front of client, just do a basic check.

Planning an update to the app in about a week to fix this, it’s being tested currently.

Thanks for flagging this! Will be fixed.

5 Likes

@raviks - i too have the same issue, I am on Android 11, i installed the previous version to temporarily solve this issue.

Regards, Anil

1 Like

Can you share the apk bro ?

I googled it and i think i downloaded it from first or second link.

Regards, Anil

1 Like

Thanks. I received the app update and it is working now.

@abhishek.balaji my series 1 still has 10.0.1_202048.2 and shows that this is latest update. Can OTA be pushed to vehicle or how to get latest update ?

1 Like

Raise an issue through your mobile app to the team and be ready to wake up or woken up by neighbour s that your vehicle is awake in the midnight/mid day without even key in place!

3 Likes

Hi All, App update received, its working fine now on Android 11.

Regards, Anil

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji: are you guys working on any OTA Update that would increase the Range of 450/450X in the near Future? i think 150 kms in eco mode should be possible out of a 2.6 kwh battery of 450X, is there one in the works? Because something like this is being worked upon Nexon EV to improve its Range in the near Future, I think it should be possible for u guys as well isn’t it or not? Appreciate ur reply.

3 Likes

I don’t think increasing range is possible through an OTA update. Haven’t heard of the Nexon EV thing.

There was a recent update to bms of nexon ev which increased range by 30 pc

1 Like

Exactly Karthik correct, i knew that Nexon EV had a recent update that increased its range but not sure how they did it, thanks for clearing that the update was done to Nexon EV’s BMS, i hope Ather also does something similar like this with both 450 & 450X, will be glad to see this happen as it will make this scooter that much more usable with this added range, let’s see what Team Ather has to say on this @abhishek.balaji

Actuallu, a lot of EVs have done that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t watch the video but checked the video summary. Tesla release notes indicate that range shown is more accurate, so not technically a range increase.

The OTA can bring in efficiencies in power usage across the BMS and other system. However you need to consider that the percentage of improvement is going to be low and when applied against the 2.xx KWh battery pack of the 450 platform, the actual derived numbers may not be mind blowing!

Tesla has a habit of opening up the buffer during emergencies (hurricanes, forest fires, etc). They also have a very highly integrated vehicle and and a highly invested R&D team whose only job is to extract maximum efficiency from the vehicle systems.

I have not see the actual service guidelines for the Nexon EV update, but I can wildly take a guess that they may have improved on throttling efficiency and maybe reduce some battery buffer based on the degradation they have seen in vehicles delivered over the last 11months or so.

1 Like

I mean… we already did it with the Eco mode through an OTA :smiley: Going by the tough-love for the Eco mode, I dont think anyone will enjoy a Super-Eco mode

2 Likes

Are you referring to the 2020.40.7 update? The release note says “Your car’s range has increased with new software that improves the efficiency of the motors and the climate control systems” I believe. Apologies if I am misreading it.

Absolutely. our 450/450X might not see much gains through OTA updates. My point was there is a history of EVs enhancing range through OTAs even beyond emergency buffers during calamities :slight_smile:

You’re comparing a Car’s architecture to a Scooter’s architecture.

Cars have a big battery pack unlike scooter.

For example, Tesla Model 3 packs 82 kWh battery while Ather 450x packs 2.61kWh.

Even a tweak of 1km/kWh in BMS is massive range improvement and will make sense for cars adding around 80Kms in range. The same in case of scooters will go unnoticed.

In such a small battery to get a drastic range improvement of 10+ kms the only way I can think of is to sacrifice something like throttle, speed, aggressive braking which one can do now also and achieve good range.

I’m not welcoming any “No License Required” mode through update which will restrict speed to 25Kmph and improve range :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like