Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

Upload option is not working at all in app. It is not a good experience if we have to always log from a laptop to upload images.

No one please suggest to open through browser in mobile itself. (This point is important since there are lot of talented people around who can suggest this)

I guess this is a known issue already, Hope a quick resolution on this.

Can we upload documents from webpage? Havenā€™t seen that option in My account of Ather webpage.

Yes from browser login to account then forum. Upload works from there.

I get the below error trying to share location to Ather aap from OSMAnd+. Can this be fixed? Or is ather going to support only Google?

time: 1631997664099
msg: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "h"
stacktrace: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "h"
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615)
	at java.math.BigInteger.<init>(BigInteger.java:474)
	at com.athermobileapp.utills.googleMapUtils.MapUrlExpander$expandUrl$2.invokeSuspend(MapUrlExpander.kt:67)
	at kotlin.coroutines.jvm.internal.BaseContinuationImpl.resumeWith(ContinuationImpl.kt:33)
	at kotlinx.coroutines.DispatchedTask.run(DispatchedTask.kt:106)
	at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler.runSafely(CoroutineScheduler.kt:571)
	at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.executeTask(CoroutineScheduler.kt:738)
	at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.runWorker(CoroutineScheduler.kt:678)
	at kotlinx.coroutines.scheduling.CoroutineScheduler$Worker.run(CoroutineScheduler.kt:665)

I think this is because the map details shared by the map apps are different. Can there be a workaround at least?

5 Likes

Ok I just found it. Ather app expects a Google maps link that goes httpsā€¦ No wonder the app threw NumberFormatException. Osm would be sending a number instead of https.

Can someone please add this functionality?

1 Like

Found this, does this mean better ota updates from now on??

7 Likes

Well it seems Ather has been working with these guys since inception. So not sure if acquiring them alone will get us improved software experience. They need a much bigger overhaul. IMO its either difficult for Ather to hire talent or the talent just doesnā€™t existsā€¦ Haha

2 Likes

But now according to the article they might merge the software of aikaan and Atherā€™s cloud. Which might help in some ways not sure

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji It will be great if you can add city specific Helpline numbers in the app. I had to call the service center in Delhi and the number in the app connected me to the Bengaluru Helpline. Depending on the vehicle Registeration or owner details you can probably update the numbers in the app or have a drop down in the app for selecting city before dialing.

2 Likes

Also Indore number needs to be updated.

When will the next internal update arrive??? Itā€™s been since a month no news nothing from Atherā€¦dint except this would happenā€¦facing bugs in scooterā€¦

2 Likes

Let them take time. There updates only bring new bugs.

3 Likes

What is happening with Ather service team. I think we are all Lost and still facing problems with long existence in EV India business.

1 Like

The team is working on a fix for the sync issues that all are facing. There has been a revert to the beta release so that a comprehensive update can be pushed.

Meanwhile, Ather does not need Android One type monthly updates to "Fortify your phone with the security update from Google, ā€¦ " and more time the team gets to work, the better the next release. So,

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Anyone got any ota update for 450 still one year I am not getting any ota for 450

4 Likes

The scooter is upgraded in all ways IMO, maybe thatā€™s why the 450 is not getting any updateā€™s

But still they can provide some basic features for the 450 tooo like zoom in and zoom out feature for navigation

There was a last update for some upgradation to the 4G module. Thatā€™s it I think

Since no more OTA updatesā€¦ there is no point for paying them

But if we want the subscription plans for Ather connect the over the air update option is compulsory

Is my understanding correct? Updates over the air are supposed to happen even if one is not subscribed to to a connect plan.

Its not only the updates to the scooter but the Dot charger too gets updated when its connected to the scooter and when update is available. One should get missed out on updates to the charger as an up-do-date charger is equally important.

1 Like

450 doesnā€™t support dot charging then how will it get updated?

It does support. I meant the charger installed at homeā€¦isnā€™t it termed Dot charger?

1 Like