Discussions on Vehicle and App OTAs

Found this, does this mean better ota updates from now on??

7 Likes

Well it seems Ather has been working with these guys since inception. So not sure if acquiring them alone will get us improved software experience. They need a much bigger overhaul. IMO its either difficult for Ather to hire talent or the talent just doesn’t exists… Haha

2 Likes

But now according to the article they might merge the software of aikaan and Ather’s cloud. Which might help in some ways not sure

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji It will be great if you can add city specific Helpline numbers in the app. I had to call the service center in Delhi and the number in the app connected me to the Bengaluru Helpline. Depending on the vehicle Registeration or owner details you can probably update the numbers in the app or have a drop down in the app for selecting city before dialing.

2 Likes

Also Indore number needs to be updated.

When will the next internal update arrive??? It’s been since a month no news nothing from Ather…dint except this would happen…facing bugs in scooter…

2 Likes

Let them take time. There updates only bring new bugs.

3 Likes

What is happening with Ather service team. I think we are all Lost and still facing problems with long existence in EV India business.

1 Like

The team is working on a fix for the sync issues that all are facing. There has been a revert to the beta release so that a comprehensive update can be pushed.

Meanwhile, Ather does not need Android One type monthly updates to "Fortify your phone with the security update from Google, … " and more time the team gets to work, the better the next release. So,

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Anyone got any ota update for 450 still one year I am not getting any ota for 450

4 Likes

The scooter is upgraded in all ways IMO, maybe that’s why the 450 is not getting any update’s

But still they can provide some basic features for the 450 tooo like zoom in and zoom out feature for navigation

There was a last update for some upgradation to the 4G module. That’s it I think

Since no more OTA updates… there is no point for paying them

But if we want the subscription plans for Ather connect the over the air update option is compulsory

Is my understanding correct? Updates over the air are supposed to happen even if one is not subscribed to to a connect plan.

Its not only the updates to the scooter but the Dot charger too gets updated when its connected to the scooter and when update is available. One should get missed out on updates to the charger as an up-do-date charger is equally important.

1 Like

450 doesn’t support dot charging then how will it get updated?

It does support. I meant the charger installed at home…isn’t it termed Dot charger?

1 Like

For 450 it was termed as the pod charger and the dot charger was made for 450x

Actually that’s incorrect. Dot came well before 450X launched. 450 v1 got the Pod, 450v2 got the Dot. Changes in the 450 versions were only related to the technicalities in charging.

5 Likes

My 450 is V2 and hence came with Dot.

4 Likes

Since we were using the v1 of the 450 didn’t know about it. Well did the dot charger for the v2 450 looked exactly like the 450x charger or little different?

1 Like

Same charger nothing different. I had a 450 v2 initially and then changed it to 450x so I guess I can confirm you both had same home chargers.

2 Likes