Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

I dont think that is allowed. Question has already been answered by the Ather team.

1 Like

We’ve announced it for the Ather 450 as of now.

Opting for Ather Connect is optional, but the services cannot be offered for free. If you don’t opt for a plan, you’ll still get critical bug fixes and updates.

Just to add more clarity on this, connected services and features offered do cost us money per user. We don’t monetise your data or sell it to third parties, instead making useful insights and features available because of that. Google Maps for instance, is free for the end consumer when you use it through your personal devices, but having it embedded in a scooter means that we go through their APIs, where we’re charged per request.

However if you do opt for the battery subscription model, the monthly fee that you pay covers the following:

1. Battery replacement guarantee as long as you’re subscribed
  2. Unlimited Ather Grid charging
  3. All connected services
  4. Over-the-air software upgrades

So the only cost you’ll end up footing above this, is the electricity cost per month + any required periodic maintenance (which is free for the first year if you pre-ordered before 28 Jan).

Haha not at all, feedback from enthusiasts like you are extremely valuable and will definitely help in designing future products and services. I understand that an Ather 450X might not make sense for you right now, but we hope to get you into our “Owners’ Club” some time :slight_smile: Nevertheless, you should definitely take a test ride when we start making them available and that will convince you!

4 Likes

Not the same tech or hardware. Android Auto is an infotainment system that serves as a secondary display apart from the dashboard. Plus, without connectivity on the scooter, you’d lose features such as remote status & charging tracking, location monitoring etc. To add to this, most people don’t have WiFi connectivity in their basement nor are always in close range to use Bluetooth. This leads to a broken experience.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Many of us cancelled our order due to the lack of clarity on the subscription and pricing of the Ather 450x. Some of us have rebooked at a later point of time after the Ather Open Forum and it was promised that 1 Year Ather maintanance and other pre-order benefits will be provided to them. But, over here you have mentioned that these benefits or only for orders before 28th Jan. Please provide clarity on this.

1 Like

Don’t worry, what was promised earlier, will still be applicable.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @abhishek.balaji :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had query regarding subscription fees. Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in this forum. I’m new to this forum and could not find the info I’m looking for in any thread.

So my query is, do I have to pay some minimum subscription fees post purchase of the vehicle every month/quarter even if I pay the cost of vehicle upfront? For example I own a Activa and I don’t have to pay any subscription fees. Only thing I pay for is fuel cost and servicing. Do we have same ownership model for Ather also? I read somewhere that for OTA and sim charges we have some fixed monthly fees. What if I don’t want to use these services and use the vehicle as any ICE vehicle? Is it possible that I can register/de-register for these subscription plans anytime depending on my need?

Thanks.

The first post has details that will answer your question.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji what is the price of 450x without subsidy ?

I am planning to upgrade my 450 to 450x and I have already claimed my subsidy

The FAME subsidy which both Ather 450X and Ather 450 Plus are eligible for across all cities is Rs.29000. In Delhi, an additional subsidy of Rs.14500 is applicable over and above the FAME subsidy. In Mumbai and Pune, an additional subsidy of Rs.5000 is applicable. So you can do the math and calculate with your indicative city wise pricing.

FAME II incentive can be claimed only once per Aadhaar card. Since you have already claimed yours by purchasing 450 you can plan purchasing the 450X on lease to get the benefit or try registering the scooter in your family members name to avail the benefit.

1 Like

Really they must think that this is a toy and not a vehicle current days, like conventional scooter you cant ride it 100+ contineously. but costings are too high, also they want monthly money to run their business as the data charges are neglible in india but they charge huge… i hope this pricing few peoples will buy it then no body will go to purchase and the same may be observed by them so that they started sperading to other cities…

1 Like

FAME subsidy is 29,000, AFAIK. so that removed from your city pricing.

So the price of 450x without subsidy is 1,89,000/-

I am getting a resale value of 90k.for my 450 so I have to spend another 1lakh only to upgrade to 450x…

I guess that’s too much !

2 Likes

Maybe @abhishek.balaji can answer better.

If incase u need , Then U can use ur family member adhar card. For subsidy

I am not looking for workarounds

2 Likes

Yes it’s ur wish ur decision :innocent:

If you’re upgrading you can’t avail subsidy on the same Aadhaar card again, those are the regulations. You can either go for the lease option or use a family member or a friend’s Aadhaar to buy the 450X.

1 Like

Just to make clear, should we present the Aadhar info of who will be owning the vehicle or can it be different persons?

3 Likes