Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

So the price of 450x without subsidy is 1,89,000/-

I am getting a resale value of 90k.for my 450 so I have to spend another 1lakh only to upgrade to 450x…

I guess that’s too much !

2 Likes

Maybe @abhishek.balaji can answer better.

If incase u need , Then U can use ur family member adhar card. For subsidy

I am not looking for workarounds

2 Likes

Yes it’s ur wish ur decision :innocent:

If you’re upgrading you can’t avail subsidy on the same Aadhaar card again, those are the regulations. You can either go for the lease option or use a family member or a friend’s Aadhaar to buy the 450X.

1 Like

Just to make clear, should we present the Aadhar info of who will be owning the vehicle or can it be different persons?

3 Likes

I too have the same doubt. Can I register Ather 450X in my name and can I give aadhaar number of my father ?

3 Likes

No you can’t

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji There must be many people like me who have been following Ather since a long time and based on that pre-booked the 450x even without having a look at it nor any further details… And the company has rewarded us with the special collector’s edition. Similarly, I sincerely hope that Ather shall be considerate enough in reasonably charging us for the monthly subscriptions for the OTA…

4 Likes

It’s simple I don’t want the subsidy… what is the price of 450x without subsidy… straight answer pls

Here you go: What's the total subsidy for Ather 450X and Ather 450 Plus? Does it vary from city to city?

2 Likes

Please advise on the following concerns:

1. Confirm the optional subscription benefits included for the first year.

2. I understand there are 4 subscription options, from 400 to 2000 per month. Can I switch to different subscription every month, based on my requirements?

3. Can I avoid subscription for few months (vacation or limited use) and then activate a subscription when required?

4. If I sell the vehicle after a few years, does the new owner need same subscription package?

5. Is the battery swappable?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by subscription benifits. But if youre a series one order owner you get 1 yr of service free. The subscription price of 1699 and 1999 as of now covers unlimited grid charging and connected services.

There are, rather there were only 2 subscription options. - 1699 and 1999 The 400 rupee one you saw is not part of the subscription payment for owning the scooter but for other services data charged for your dashboard in case you go for the non subscription model of ownership

He definitely will have to continue paying th subscription. But which variant is up to him.

Yes, you can pay 500 and skip a month. But limited to only one month a year.

The battery is not swappable. It can be replaced by Ather if needed but cannot be swapped on a daily basis for charging.

1 Like

This is literally the only thing irks me about the battery subscription model. Few of questions to @Ather.team @abhishek.balaji

1. Why is there no clear plan for when vehicle is not in use? It is sad that we have to pay when we won’t use it. And what if we won’t be using it for most of the month and need it for emergency a couple of days? Will we not be able to use our scooter?
  2. Even after being ok with paying 500 and skipping a month. Why is this limited to only 1 month an year?
  3. Is there a better way to gauge the usage? Like Kilometer based subscription model or a combination of the 2(monthly and Kilometer)? Because then you won’t have to worry about not using for a time and makes it convenient for the users.
  4. Or a postpaid plan, which bills us based on the usage.

Please consider the above few options, because a lot of times we may not be using the vehicle (especially after what 2020 has shown us).

1 Like

Here’s another take. If buying upfront,

As @Suraj_madhu puts it, you get 1 year free service pack.

I think 450 has quarterly payable subscription for charge, service, data, etc. Should be the same with 450x

If brought upfront, not even necessary that you get any subscription. You can still use it without paying anything (except your EB bills unless you use solar power)

Same answer as above.

No swappable batteries. They can be replaced only, at service center, for a price.

Answer to these are in the FAQ section, but I cannot pull a quote for it here.

Let me just say how I see it. The subscription model of ownership is a lot like the leasing structure of ownership for cars right now. But in this case you’re leasing the battery. You never get a month off on the lease in case of the car and there’s no reason to get it off on the 450X battery either. Since you are in possession of the battery. You need to understand that the battery is not a rental in this case. It’s more like you’re just paying the price in installments with an assurance that if you keep paying you’ll get a new battery at no extra cost a few years down the lane.

This would make sense of you were on a rental but the truth is you are the owner of the scooter and the battery needs to be paid for. In use or not in use. Consider if I bought the scooter up front and didn’t use it for a while, I’m not going to be asking for money back will I?

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt replies by some of the folks here. These queries are not relevant for upfront purchase, so let’s keep it simple.

What I meant earlier was whether the pro or plus subscription benefits were included for the first year for the series 1 collector edition.

It is still not clear whether it is possible to switch to different subscription every month, based on the requirements?

I understand the comments, but the cost of ownership of the vehicle should include the battery. So during the scheduled vacation or limited use period, it would make sense to activate a basic 400 or 500 rs/month subscription, for more than one month per year.

If I sell the vehicle after a few years, does the new owner need same subscription package, and carry the same baggage or do they have options? This is relevant if the answer for the second question is - plans cannot be changed for the life of the ownership.

Why didn’t Ather consider swappable battery, that would allow the owner to carry a spare, at his own expense?

1 Like

There are 2 parts :

1. Battery Subscription : 1699/1999 for Plus/Pro

2. Subscription: This covers connectivity, public charging, service plan and an all inclusive Ather One 360 that takes care of charging reimbursement too. This is optional, no obligation to purchase any charging/service/connectivity subscription plans.

Which one are you referring to here?

1 Like

Yes this you can seamlessly switch between the plus and X subscription plans.

For the same reason that you never get a discount on your lease on your car for even a month in a year. Even if Ather allowed you to take more months off, the cost would just pile up in your exit price.

In any case of subscription model. The new owner can choose between the 2 subscription models. But more details on the subscription model need to be announced soon by Ather.

This own expense might be much higher than you think. Nearing almost 50k or even higher. Removable batteries compromise the structural integrity of the battery itself, resulting in faster degradation. Ather batteries are all about preserving health and extending the life of the battery. Besides Ather has chosen the route of fast charging rather than battery swapping. They say they will make even more improvements in the field. A removable battery also takes away the smooth experience of charging that Ather stands for. Also I don’t think the floor board is an ideal location for a removable battery. And hence an underseat battery would change the weight distribution. The ergenomics, reduce the under seat storage. A floor board battery is the best option to save space and to maintain a low Centre of gravity.

3 Likes