Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Did you mean that you are not planning to introduce new subscription plans (other than Rs1699 or Rs1999)for 450x pro or 450 plus?

I just mentioned this

What about after 36 month @hemanth.anand? I plan on owning an Ather for more than 36 months. Cheaper monthly subscription will definitely be better after the 3 years. That’s why I want to know if there will be any changes in the pricing structure.

After 36 months you own the bike in it’s entirety - including the battery.

You can either choose to extend the subscription (if your battery SoH is below 80% and you want to replace the battery) or just pay for Ather Charge/Service/Connect (or even no packs!) and continue riding into the sunset.

You can choose to pay ₹50 upfront and ₹10 as a monthly for 5 months or ₹80 upfront and ₹4 as a monthly fee for 5 months. Doesn’t change the fact that you are going to pay ₹100 at the end of 5 months.

I personally would prefer the ₹99k + 1699/1999 as I feel comfortable with such a monthly outflow for the next 3 years.

1 Like

This is exactly what is not clear… Either choose to extend the subscription, How much does that cost? Or just pay Ather charge/Service?connect ( Is it same as what we have for the Ather 450? )

4 Likes

If the subscription cost per month is lower overall… Why would you not want to extend the battery warrenty? You’ll get unlimited battery swaps as well as charging and connectivity benefits. That’s why I want to know what the revised subscription costs will be. It will definitely help me in deciding whether to buy 450 or 450x.

1 Like

That’s 3 years down the line. Prices may have come down (fingers crossed!) by then. No way to tell what they might be at that time.

1 Like

ok. Let’s take this scenario, If I go ahead and buy the 450 now and after an year, I decide to go for 450x, what is the difference amount that I need to pay. Is it like an Upgrade which will be done from Ather ( Apple iphone kind of setup ) or is it like, car scheme ( you sell the Ather 450, then place that as your downpayment and then go for any purchase schemes … ). Things are very unclear here. How will the subsidy work in this case. Can going the above mentioned route will help save more than going directly for 450x! Totally confused.

1. We’re working with a third party partner to facilitate the exchange.
  2. We’ll provide support for this exchange by giving your scooter a Health certificate, which you can use to appraise the value of the scooter.
  3. The amount you get from the resale of the 450 will be adjusted towards the 450X purchase.
  4. If you’ve claimed subsidy on the 450 already, you’ll have to register the 450X under a different Aadhaar card holder to be eligible for the subsidy.

for a lot of current 450 owners I guess it will be ₹99k + 26-29k(FAME subsidy if you have it registered in your name) + 1699/1999 per month + service plan(optional) per month. I am not sure a lot of people waiting to upgrade have noticed this yet.

What about lease plan for Ather 450x ? Now Ather 450x is cost higher than Ather 450 so Its out of my budget . Now I think if they give me attractive option for lease plan than I will think again for it.

So if I take the best case scenario and the worst case scenario for an upgrade:

Best case

Resale Value of 450: 95k/-

Cost of 450 pro: 99k/-(incl fame subsidy) + 1999/- per month + service plan cost(optional) per month + state and sales taxes

Upgrade cost = 4k + State and sales tax + (1999 + service plan) per month

Worst case

Resale Value of 450: 85k/-

Cost of 450 pro: 99k/ + 29k(no fame subsidy) + 1999/- per month + service plan cost(optional) per month + state and sales taxes

Upgrade cost = 33k + State and sales tax + (1999 + service plan) per month

And I think all owners looking to upgrade should fall in the above bracket.

1 Like

I was wondering if Ather could increase the monthly subscription by a few more hundreds and include all the Ather One features for the 450X. :thinking: May be 400-500 more monthly. This is because I will be primarily using the home charer. I would be needing the public charging stations only in an exceptional situation.

We’re working on a lease plan for the 450X as well with our financing partners. We’ll announce more details soon.

You can expect it to be similar to the lease plans for the 450: https://www.atherenergy.com/450

That’s how it would work, with the default monthly performance pack subscriptions, you get Ather Charge included. We’ll announce more details about the additional service plans you can add on.

Does Ather Charge include home charging? In the website it is mentioned thst only Ather Grid / Public charging is included in the subscription plans. Can you please clarify?

1 Like

The Ather One provides home charging reimbursement for the 450. The plans for the 450x have not yet been made public, so no idea if reimbursement would be part of any 450x plans.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji after inputs from ather community any changes took place in pricing structure?

2 Likes

#Parkthatthought :thinking: Considering the current situation, shouldn’t the subscription part of the 450x, which is mainly EMI towards the Battery, be lesser as lending rates are going to be lesser than before?

3 Likes