Discussions on News and Updates

I don’t think it will launch this soon. You should go ahead with your purchase

Ok thanks for suggestion I am also seeing that it will launch at the end of this year I think and would you be buying new model if it price extend by 10-15k

1 Like

I will see

Obviously I might be wrong, but end of this year seems unlikely. Even if Ather announces something this year, it will commence pre-booking a few weeks after that and the vehicle delivery will take a few more months (like what we saw with 450X pre-booking). So don’t expect to lay your hands on the new model any time soon. Best to therefore go with your current order itself :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Assuming it’s still 4-6 months away, and competitive pricing from competition, I believe the higher range model may be sold at price close to the existing ones and lower range model may replace 450 plus.

Otherwise, closer to 2L will deter most buyers

3 Likes

Good choice to get familiar among tier 2-3 cities

Agreed. Unlike during the early days of the launch of 450X, I don’t think Ather has the luxury to price it higher than market expectations, or experiment with pricing models anymore. So it’s going to be a ‘get it right the first time’ kinda situation for them. Keep it at (or sub-)1.5L and ensure high range. People want to see a price in the ballpark they are now used seeing, so 2L is out of the picture.

P.S.: And when I say ‘sub-1.5’, I don’t mean through marketing gimmicks like one company did, claiming a low cost version and a higher priced one just to get some publicity, and then only selling the higher priced version later…

4 Likes

Reading this article, a lot of pointers (especially around venting) that was discussed in the recent Declassified edition comes to mind. Kudos to Ather for accounting for all the issues and safety precautions that the government panel is now pointing out most manufacturers ignored (to keep the price down?). Eagerly waiting for the full report to come out next week… heads will likely roll!

6 Likes

GST council has reduced GST rates for all battery components and packs from 18% to 5% standard across all the EV industry… Will the cutdown be passed to customers @tarun @abhishek.balaji

3 Likes

I need a help from all

I have sold my Ather 450

But its showing tax not paid

Im unable to transfer the ownership.

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

Tax is 0% for a BEV. The message says fill tax exemption if applicaple. Did you chack that?

1 Like

Will this reduced rate be applicable for batteries bought separately?

1. If we get a replacement battery
  2. For vehicles bought without battery (like Bounce Infinity), later if they buy battery separately?

I believe batteries bought separately are taxed at 18% as of now.

In that case, it is a good news for Ather 450 owners who might be replacing battery in the near future.

1 Like

The error message shown is talking about Road tax or LTT. Road tax is only for vehicles (with or without battery). It varies from state to state and since the vehicle in question is from KA, it is 0%. A replacement battery is not a vehicle and it’ll be taxed like any other product - 18% or whatever it is.

1 Like

Sorry, there was a small confusion. I was referring to the below message

4 Likes

Any updates on this yet? I’ve just come across 2-4 places where both Ather Grid and Zeon co-exist as of today. I’m definitely not in the majority but would love to see Ather setup grids on the highway with Zeon.

1 Like

Many articles quote 11th july as lauch for 450x uplift, we the admirers of Ather are eagerly waiting for some sort of information or confirmation in this forum. Please provide some details so that we can atleast do our work instead of watching this forum daily 2-3 times. @tarun @abhishek.balaji

4 Likes

Hi Team,

Its disappointing to see no replies from any official sources… Atleast you guys can say 11th July is false news and launch date is not yet confirmed so that we don’t need to search everywhere whether its launched or not.

1 Like

They have not announced any official date at all. We might be seeing it this month as many dealers are claiming the same. It is best to wait for the same. I wonder how newspaper like Hindustan times got their information from.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I so much wished to go. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes