Discussions on News and Updates

it looked like that was a media-only event where they keep them posted and give them a small test ride and everything, but they can’t share any details outside until the official launch. Keep the hopes HIGH.

2 Likes

There’ll be another public event after which the embargo ends and first impressions and things come ou I feel. But it’s Ather so we still don’t know about any event or a livestream :stuck_out_tongue: :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

So far only TWO Ather GRIDS installed at Zeon’s location as far as I know.

1. Avinashi Zeon
  2. Navakkarai Zeon

Is there anyother location.?

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Atherstack Dropkick 10.4.0 - Early Access

It was just a matter of time…

3 Likes

Holy molly, this is gonna create ruckus, isn’t Ola gonna be under fire too now? ( Pun intended)

What are the changes That Ather owners might face?

Nothing, the compliance in Ather already exceeds AIS specifications, Tarun has mentioned this many times so you won’t be expecting any changes in Ather.

4 Likes

It is very unfortunate for precious lives to be lost. Only way to console is that the earlier problems are noted by authorities and stringent the rules can be made in quality and testing of EVs and chargers

Not sure how the cheapest electric vehicles have been authorized to be sold like this without any regulated tests on the vehicles reliability.

2 Likes

There were many cheaper vehicles even before Ather also… like Ampere greaves, Okinawa, Hero Optima. They had their own share of problems on service, reliability, performance, but such fire accidents were hardly making news in last 10 years.

These looks to be new local brands trying to utilise the EV momentum by selling cheap imports or local assembled ones without good Quality checks and without proper testing.

3 Likes
1 Like

India EV: Government buys EVs back from users to take apart and check for local parts - The Economic Times

2 Likes

Those who closely follow the India EV space and those who are Tesla fans (the intersecting area of this Venn Diagram is very high :wink: ) will know what a big deal this is!

3 Likes

should this be a cause of concern or is it a one off incident?

1 Like

cause of concern: i’ve had someone watch this reel and do the same with my Ather. now i only leave helmets in there.

4 Likes

exactly… mine doesn’t open as much but I just hang my helmet outside with the strap in and my friend to prove the point easily removed the helmet… tried the same on his activa and it was sealed shut

1 Like