Discussions on News and Updates

Yes! Maybe even ather can start manufacturing their own batteries instead of importing!

1 Like

Some EV scooters in India

And this is my favorite :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgDCieAGIf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

“Chennai Startup Designs First of its kind online course to train EV Engineers”

Posting for those who might be interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are claiming fast charging 80% in 18 Mins.

Charge for 5 Mins and drive 100KM

3 Likes

The biggest problem for Ather in the immediate future would be the misleading low price benchmarking that will be created in potential customers’ minds owing to the cheap Chinese knockoffs that will inundate the market, branded as “Made in India” and sold to people who will be disillusioned by EVs soon enough after riding these toys.

Oh Kabira, you seem to have committed the cardinal sin: Overpromised, underdelivered…

1 Like

Am interested in structure.

1 Like

This is more elegant

2 Likes
5 Likes

When is Ather building a motorcycle?

1 Like

Nice!

Also, according to the article,

Mehta refused to share the sales numbers

Tarun, the nation really wants to know :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, we should start sharing soon. Waiting for revenue to cross a milestone. Hopefully in 2 months

10 Likes

Exciting news! Looking forward to the announcement :blush:

Good development. Ather with its new Android dashboard too will stand to gain from the growing ecosystem if it tweaks its S/W roadmap and prioritises its limited bandwidth on its proprietary features mainly, while letting the 3rd party apps fill in the remaining “mainstream-EV” gaps currently seen around charging points and navigation, I guess.

However, Ather does not use Android Auto!.

1 Like

So just wondering if this development would potential make them revisit the decision :slight_smile:

Considering Ather now has Android, maybe there is a chance to somehow make our Ather compatible with AA and thus leverage the ecosystem of apps that will now be created by 3rd parties and make it available? Or is it too much of a jump / tweaking for our dashboards?

1 Like

Unfortunately Google doesn’t have category for two wheeler certification :slight_smile:

Also for the most part Android Auto needs a wired connection with your vehicle. Plus it adds a huge dependence on the phone one has, making it difficult to provide uniform experience across.

4 Likes

Yup it looks like that… It just isn’t made for 2 wheelers. Google probably isn’t going to make an exception just for Ather. More OEMs will need to be in play plus more sales before that’s gonna happen.

1 Like

Agreed, @arvind_nair. And I don’t see 2W being priority for Google anytime soon owing to the market size :sweat_smile:

Fair point! This is absolutely a critical drawback I guess. Thanks @swapnil.iitm! :smiley:

1 Like

Is this THE Swapnil Jain? Or is it just coincidence that you also happen to be from IIT-M? :grin:

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s THE Swapnil Jain. He has a Batman profile photo.