Discussions on News and Updates

DRAFT POLICY LINK <- CLICK

1 Like

NIU has confirmed it is entering India!

Considering their best scooters have upto 170+ km range (in E-save mode) with 70 kmph max speed (in Sport mode), and some have detachable batteries (that weigh only 10 kgs!), they might be a strong competitor to Ather if they play their cards right…

1 Like

It would be amazing to have so many options in the Indian market! I think once NIU enters, we’ll see distinct segments emerge in the Indian two wheeler EV market, and consumers will have a choice at each price point.

1 Like

True. Brands like NIU have individually grown their offerings to such a range that it is possible to have have a 2-wheeler option irrespective of the customer’s potential price point. This will result in higher adoption of EV by people across the spectrum, and this is good news for all EV brands in general! Exciting times ahead.

2 Likes

This post was merged into an existing topic: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

Honda just filed a patent for a e-Maxi Scooter in India!. This is from a company that was hell bent on Hydrogen Fuel Cell tech and whose NA head recently said there is no demand for EV.

Samsung did WHAT now??

If this is scaled up fast in the coming year or so, then it effectively means that the range of EVs can be doubled while maintaining the same battery size… I guess it is time @Ather.Team started thinking of 450Y :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
Kawasaki is coming up with their electric bike. - Endeavour Speculated range of 100Km.
1 Like

Scorpio Electric

https://scorpioelectric.io/

For a moment there, it looked to me like they took an Ather and just fitted an extra headlight in the front haha :smiley:

When did this happen ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I want to exchange my Discover 125 in that case… Need more details…

This effectively cancels the need to factor in battery replacement costs in TCO (a major point of consideration among EV owners), but at an upfront increase of 10% in battery price. Maybe this frontloading will force companies including Ather to revisit their subscription models? I guess we will know in a year or two…

But seriously, news like these make me wonder how often Indian firms in clean tech space miss the bus because they do not focus on putting enough efforts in indigenous battery technology development and instead choose to just import! A huge monetizing opportunity lost in an area critical for the long-term success of EV in the country.

The much awaited new model of Ampere seems to be finally rolling out. For those who do not see a need to drive faster than 50-55 kmph in city limits, this looks like a great buy actually…

And is it just me or does their graphite black model almost appear like a rip off of Ather 450X? :wink:

Dont miss this candid conversation between Tarun and SVP :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The best part of this video for me is the 2 minutes after 1:00:00. IPO, 100 cities, few scooters, 1 or 2 motorcycles, 2000-3000 charging units, 2 or 3 International markets, a million units capacity.

I was watching it live (and throwing in questions too)… Sameer Contractor was quicker than me, with the same questions, two times! The first time, I didn’t see it, but the second time, I saw and didn’t hit the enter key :slight_smile: It was a nice break on an otherwise hectic Thursday for me!

4 Likes

If this works out, maybe it would make sense for Ather to also start selling compatible adapters to connect Athers to these points?

2 Likes

But then company will lose the value of Ather Charging Points…

Fair consideration; but at this point in the EV adoption curve, any technology that assists the growth of EV ecosystem as a whole is considered a win-win for everyone involved (be it on the seller or the buyer side). At least for the next few years until EV becomes more established in India, I don’t see this development as a risk to Ather in any way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perfect day for this news to come out :slight_smile:

3 Likes