Discussions on News and Updates

The range numbers look way too inflated for a battery of that capacity

120 kmph maybe achievable… But 150+ range?? With a 2.4 kwh battery? That seems like a joke. Even the best rider of ather 450 with 2.4 kwh battery couldn’t achieve 150. This seems unbelievable… Like thats stretching even the physics calculations to it’s limits xD. Maybe it will go 150+ on paper only

i think they have 2 batteries, read somewhere. Don’t quote me on that though :smiley:

Revolt rv 400 booking start from 29th Feb for Ahmedabad city.

3 Likes

Interesting read.

1 Like

Indians by n large, Kitna deti, type. I mean logical.

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes
1 Like

Revolt has 3.24KWh battery and as per the user reviews they are getting anywhere between 105-120kms in ECO mode.

Support for public charging for electric vehicles announced in Karnataka 2020 budget.

3 Likes

Great comparison of the 3 top electric scooters in the market today. Basic summary is that Ather 450 beats the other two (Chetak and iQube) hands down on most parameters except those around ride comfort, which I personally agree with…

6 Likes

SamMobile: Samsung’s groundbreaking solid-state batteries could be used in electric vehicles.

Interesting new app claiming to be a one-stop charging solution for all EVs. Anyone has tried this yet or has any insight?

@abhishek.balaji I am assuming that the one point in the article saying “In order to prevent the battery from running out of charge completely, it is advised to charge the vehicle every 3 to 4 days even when you are not using the vehicle” is not applicable for Ather, if it is turned off? My Ather has been shutdown for 2 weeks now, but the battery has lost just 6%.

I charge mine once in 3 days up to 80%. I just keep it in ready to ride condition just in case it needs to be taken out on an emergency.

1 Like

That’s correct. Your battery drain will be very minimal during shutdown. It’s a good option if you’re not going to be using the vehicle for a few weeks. If you plan to use it occasionally, you can leave it in the key-off state and charge every few days to make sure the battery doesn’t go to 0. Here’s some information that should help:

In different scenarios the battery’s drain rate varies. Here’s how many days it may take for the battery to go from 100% to nil:

• When Key is turned OFF: In 9 days
  • Shutdown mode: appx 70 days

There is a critical battery cut-off that shuts down the battery completely so that there is no damage to the battery pack once it has discharged to zero.

5 Likes

Tarun interview (Boss from home)

2 Likes