Discussions on News and Updates

They use ‘hub’ motor

4 Likes

Oh ok. I am not aware of these technical details. Any idea why we didn’t go like that…

Is it only for low rpm vehicles?

Check this out… Very interesting article about your question. It is lengthy, but it is worth reading.

5 Likes

Even I noticed couple of Okinawa scooters near mandya

My FIL almost booked the Okinawa ridge plus, I stopped him to do so .Its one of those badly designed product .With one person and a kid It could hardly go past 30 -40 kms .
Initially even I too had planned to get the okinawa praise , after test riding the ridge , prasise and Ather. Was sold to Ather and booked Ather the day I took the test drive.Its a different experience to own a simple but yet powerful EV in the market as of today.

4 Likes

Been there bro. On one hand i have experienced Ather and seen emflux one (two is da bomb), and the other side i have also ridden hero electric, okinawa (most models). I call it the OnePlus vs Micromax syndrome, both companies started with different values and philosophies is all i can say

3 Likes

Livewire unveiled in India yesterday. 15.5 kWh of Battery, 78kW of power, 116 Nm of Torque. It may a stupid comparison but just to imaging how it feels to ride, Ather has 2.7kWh battery and 5.4kW of power and 20.5 Nm torque. Will be absolutely Wow to ride! 253kms city range and 153kms mixed range is good too. Fast charging up to 100% in an hour (slow charging overnight) 7 Ride modes (including 3 custom modes), Air cooling for battery, liquid cooling for electronics. And it look so beautiful!

It’s a different matter that for the expected price, we can buy almost 50 Athers :smiley:

8 Likes

I absolutely love and adore how technology works. There is something new every single day. I still remember the Dial-up internet connection days. I thought that was the peak of technology. And after 15 years we have Gigabit.

No matter how big or small the difference is, Technology always amazes us.

2 Likes

How is emflux?

Looks magnificient, saw it at auto expo. Havent had a chance to ride it

Same goes for Ather as well, these rides are designed so well that i wouldnt mind just parking it at home, even if they are just models

1 Like

Wow. MRP - My Revolt Plan. Marketing on overdrive
2999…3999 for a bike. RV400 seems cheaper than my apartment maintenance

Overall cost is similar to Ather though if you remove the gimmicks 148000 for RV400, if you include the AtherOne subscription and insurance into the MRP of 113000

4 Likes

Aaaaaand it’s yours from day one. No lease. Nothing. That’s freaking cool.

3 Likes

AtherTeam i agree that your product is better at the price but you do need to work out some similar finance option. Else these guys gonna take some market share

3 Likes

I see what you did there Revolt.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t this also be a “company financed” lease?

1 Like

Lease has ownership by lease company, its not technically a lease but finance when ownership is with you

I was going to post this screenshot REV-ENGERS ASSEMBLE. Though no revengers in Bengaluru

Honestly, I am very skeptical simply because this is from the Micromax pedigree. We all know how they did not invest anything towards R&D and basically drop-shipped handsets from China.

I will wait for the fine print to come out.

7 Likes

They are providing Tyres also free replacement after 3 years and Battery warranty of 8 years or 1,50,00 KM’s…

Agree, but I’d argue that’s been Rahul Sharma’s playbook for a long time. I’m not surprised by this strategy. They identify a strong need or blackhole in the market, raise funding and pump chinese products to fill the void, and exit just when new players start to dominate.

2 Likes