Discussion on Accessories

Its pretty bad that users are using phones for navigation despite having a GPS and navigation system on the larger 7" display on the dashboard of the premium product.

1 Like

Ather should be embarrassed about consumers using a mobile phone holder. Navigation, Bluetooth should be made available for free. :smirk:

1 Like

I understand that Google Maps API doesn’t allow 2 wheeler navigation. It is available only on a mobile.

I also find the vertical angle of the phone more suitable for navigation while riding. The dashboard angle is a bit too low to keep an eye on maps + riding at the same time.

Network issues is another story - maps are erratic on dashboard in some areas. With mobile devices, we can have multiple providers on the same phone too, so that we can switch between data plans. Google maps also allows offline mode which comes handy in terms of performance.

The only advantage of dashboard based map is that you do not need to risk putting your mobile phone on a holder on pothole manifested roads of Mumbai and you don’t have to expose your mobile to elements like rains and dust while riding.

4 Likes

Bluetooth is part of 450X, and does not require you to be on a subscription plan to access.

2 Likes

Wrong framing of question and you already got the expected answer from @TheHairMonster.

Because it is already known that bluetooth doesn’t require subscription. I was actually waiting to see which moderator is going to respond on this statement. No offence @TheHairMonster I am just puuling your leg, as what you said is true but expected answer coming from anyone of the moderator only on second part of the statement and not on first part because they are also equally frustrated as a user.

3 Likes

1 Like

O… h no… My only question is why too much of red lines…

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

Ma… N please stop harrasment of the vehicles I will file a PIL for this :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Like Y aha… I ask Y??

1 Like

looks like it’s a mint green one with red wrap

2 Likes

This is getting to the mood of “color your ather” thread from Jan 2020

1 Like

The design team also has the same question. :rofl:

4 Likes

I had a recent issue with in weeks of buying Ather 450x the mirror screws started loosening up; hence its a bad idea to rely on mounting the mobile holder to Mirrors.

2 Likes

Let me harass you a bit more. Hahaha

2 Likes

that side stand :rofl: though :sweat_smile: That’s way too much :crazy_face:

Is this by any chance 7raj’s scooter? Google his name, you’ll get to know the rest :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The only red mod I have made -

6 Likes

just had a doubt do flip up helmets fit in the boot of Ather?

1 Like

I have a Vega Boolean M modular. Fits exactly. If there’s anything more, need to adjust the flip slightly to accomodate. Or push it into the helmet.

are full face helmets smaller in dimension compared to flip?