Discussion on Accessories

Then get yourself a new Ather, take it to the helmet shop, see which one fits in the boot and then buy it. I did the same for my helmet.

5 Likes

is the front chin good enough to attach a sticky Mount for action camera?

right now, Iā€™m using this strap mount with my moto cross style helmet. it works fine but the straps might get loose and also doesnā€™t allow me to Store the helmet in the boot now

1 Like

I have the exact same mount on my helmet, but without the J hook piece. It fits in perfectly under the seat.

3 Likes

Donā€™t come to Kerala with that anywaysā€¦ you might get booked.

1 Like

Update # 1 of Blackstar phone holder

Rode 19 kms in the worst traffic and roads filled with potholes - Realised this is the perfect time to test the holder. Without any harness, just went ahead. And 9 kms straight, throughout bad patches, the phone did not even move by a centimeter. This thing is strong! It held the phone to its life. @kumar.uppaluri2

But I found more cons riding like this -

1. This is JUST an emergency, ā€œlast mile kind of situationā€ worthy. NOT for daily use. The phone cannot take such abuse on daily basis and eventually wear out tiny screws and water resistance due to vibration.
  2. I have a full faced helmet, and barely see the screen. If anyone had to, could quietly snatch my phone at a turn and I wouldnā€™t even realise.
  3. The gum holding the phone holder WILL eventually wear out one fine day, obviously without any notice and my phone would turn into ā€œairplane modeā€. šŸ„²
  4. I didnā€™t have the confidence riding 80 kmph and vouching for this product.

Will update if I notice anything else .

Fin.

5 Likes

I have flip up Helmet from Vegaā€¦fits perfectly

1 Like

Sorry but that looks terrible. Peace :v:

4 Likes

I use Steelbird S1 and it fits perfect with tne visor closed.

4 Likes

I have a SMK Glide and it doesnā€™t fit inside the boot space. I have setup a wire lock that I run through the yellow exposed frame, but I prefer to carry the helmet with me to avoid exposure to elements.

I faced that first time after 6 months of usage.

I use it rarely when I have to navigate to an entirely new part of the city. I am more worried about the vibrations that our mobiles get while going over the potholes in Mumbai. Roads are in a horrible state as of now.

6 Likes

I too is using this helmet, one of the best helmet i gave ever used. Comfortable, Sexy, and the Reliance over the brand

Any update on tpms progress, expected date of the launch? @abhishek.balaji.

5 Likes

Weā€™ll start a closed beta test for the TPMS with a few owners in the coming weeks.

12 Likes

Please share the typeform to test the TPMS.

Personally :sweat_smile::joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™d like to get in too, if possible

3 Likes

Would be very curious how Ather decides who tests it. Mods, active members of the forum could be the ones. Hopefully it is Pan India and not only Bengaluru or even Chennai for that matter. If itā€™s Bengaluru/ Chennai and Indore, then itā€™s great. :joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I also want to get in if possible :grin:

3 Likes

First come first serve basis is applicable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I too want to test it, pleaseā€¦ consider me. Very curious and itā€™s very useful for maintaining a good range

Most moderators own 450 not 450x. So testing thru them is ruled out.

2 Likes

True. But thought that TPMS works on the 450 also.

2 Likes