Discussion on Accessories

It was best option …:+1:

2 Likes

I see no reviews on sites, except for a couple of unboxing on YouTube. Not sure of weight, dynamics etc. Probably people here be the first to write reviews to it.

5 Likes

Can someone let know if a concave mirror like below be good for Ather? Or will a Mounting one that is fitted above the mirror separately be better?

1 Like

Had this on mine until my jacket caught on this and disappeared into the abyss :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Had these 2 times over. Lost both times. Now using it with the mounts still stuck on my scooter. First set got stolen. Second set one broke the other got stolen :sweat_smile: so get the ones that aren’t adjustable and not removable But you definitely need something if you’re over 5 feet 7/8 The stock mirrors are just meh.

4 Likes

Still have this on one side, the other side came off when a lorry went to close to me at a signal.

Very useful little thing that costs about ₹100-₹150 for a pair.

3 Likes

Please send pictures and links if any for new guys

1 Like

I found this and though it’s got shape.

1 Like

Is this a thing for Ather? It shows “for Ather” on it. can it be connected somewhere on Ather ?

1 Like

No way. I don’t think you can connect any electrical accessory. Ather always says they would have to do a whole lot of wiring to include an output port.

I think you have to choose two wires from the circuit, and wire this thing to it, which is not advisable, I tried this when i there was power cut for 1 week, i opened up my car’s wiring and connected a powerbank to it, which worked for 5 minutes and later it got fired, but i think this thing has resistors to control the voltage

Unless your power bank is a 12v one, why would you try and wire a power bank to your car battery. Isn’t is cheaper and easier to just buy a 12v car mobile charger and use it to charge all your 5v devices?

1 Like

We had a long power cut (hud hud cyclone), there was no time to buy any 12v mobile charger, and the current output was around 9v, so i tried, but i did get my phone charged up in a few minutes and made few calls, But the mobile charger mentioned above is a 12v one, should work fine when connected to one of the wires of the ather

2 Likes

Can anyone send me the photo of latest version of portable charger which I can choose over Ather Dot at the time of 450x Delivery. I need to check it’s dimensions and also want to know if it fits under seat with helmet :thinking:

Posted by @hemanth.anand Quite elaborate

EDIT : the new portable chargers are 5A plugs if I’m not wrong. Or they come with a 15A to 5A converter.

depends on your helmet tbh. Version one firs easiky since there’s a small cubbyhole at the front of the under seat storage with a rubber strap to hold it in place so it fits in perfectly. With version 2 you could fit a small full face helmet.

4 Likes

Thanks for linking the post. It was very helpful. I was really confused with the versions and didn’t know which version I’ll get v1 or V2

And this confused me a little bit more :grimacing:

Is there a v3 having 5A socket and other changes too? Or just the V2 with a converter?

15A socket is really tough to find :roll_eyes:

Either way you wont need a 15A socket. So don’t worry.

1 Like

U need to use 15A to 5A adapter for V2.0

2 Likes

All 450x vehicles will only work with a v2.0 charger.

Half face helmet or the coconut shell helmets would fit in here. No way a regular full face helmet can fit alongside a v2.0 charger.

The prongs on the portable charger do not fit in a 5a socket. You’ll need a adapter to use with a regular 5a socket.

1 Like

I remember reading that the recent chargers came with a converter and the 450X chargers will directly have just a 5A socket.

3 Likes