Discussion on Accessories

No way. I don’t think you can connect any electrical accessory. Ather always says they would have to do a whole lot of wiring to include an output port.

I think you have to choose two wires from the circuit, and wire this thing to it, which is not advisable, I tried this when i there was power cut for 1 week, i opened up my car’s wiring and connected a powerbank to it, which worked for 5 minutes and later it got fired, but i think this thing has resistors to control the voltage

Unless your power bank is a 12v one, why would you try and wire a power bank to your car battery. Isn’t is cheaper and easier to just buy a 12v car mobile charger and use it to charge all your 5v devices?

1 Like

We had a long power cut (hud hud cyclone), there was no time to buy any 12v mobile charger, and the current output was around 9v, so i tried, but i did get my phone charged up in a few minutes and made few calls, But the mobile charger mentioned above is a 12v one, should work fine when connected to one of the wires of the ather

2 Likes

Can anyone send me the photo of latest version of portable charger which I can choose over Ather Dot at the time of 450x Delivery. I need to check it’s dimensions and also want to know if it fits under seat with helmet :thinking:

Posted by @hemanth.anand Quite elaborate

EDIT : the new portable chargers are 5A plugs if I’m not wrong. Or they come with a 15A to 5A converter.

depends on your helmet tbh. Version one firs easiky since there’s a small cubbyhole at the front of the under seat storage with a rubber strap to hold it in place so it fits in perfectly. With version 2 you could fit a small full face helmet.

4 Likes

Thanks for linking the post. It was very helpful. I was really confused with the versions and didn’t know which version I’ll get v1 or V2

And this confused me a little bit more :grimacing:

Is there a v3 having 5A socket and other changes too? Or just the V2 with a converter?

15A socket is really tough to find :roll_eyes:

Either way you wont need a 15A socket. So don’t worry.

1 Like

U need to use 15A to 5A adapter for V2.0

2 Likes

All 450x vehicles will only work with a v2.0 charger.

Half face helmet or the coconut shell helmets would fit in here. No way a regular full face helmet can fit alongside a v2.0 charger.

The prongs on the portable charger do not fit in a 5a socket. You’ll need a adapter to use with a regular 5a socket.

1 Like

I remember reading that the recent chargers came with a converter and the 450X chargers will directly have just a 5A socket.

3 Likes

anyone can help me with a good quality floor mat for 450s non-slip type? in Chennai

Please ask @Rahul. He really has a good floor board mat for 450.

1 Like

Can anybody using Bluetooth helmets already confirm if both ears work generally? Headfox helmet I brought has only right ear working in “headphone” mode, and company confirms that is a safety feature. Can anyone share if it is the same with other helmets too?

1 Like

Either way according to the Indian motor vehicle act, it’s illegal. One ear or both … :confused: stupid rule but the bluetooth helmets I’ve seen both earpieces work.

Out of stock

I also bought it

In both the ears music works fine. Just to point it out that’s not a Headfox helmet. It’s a Vega helmet available around 1.4k on Amazon. Headfox guys modified it by adding a headphone and a battery to power bluetooth stuffs and charging phone and added 2k to the price and they’re selling it with a “Smart Helmet” Tag :joy:

I’m going to return it anyways.

1 Like

Yes, it had Vega all around it. Other than the earpiece problem, it is uncomfortable with the cable ends dangling off the padding. I already returned it. Waiting for refund. I think I’ll be able to “hack” my own smart helmet with the pieces of BT, headphones, mobile batt and Lipo circuit at home, if needed.

Hey Abhishek, My bike purchase on 2019 July, is its newer version or older? My screen has started turning yellow and lights below the seat also has turned yellow, any solution?

You probably have the storm trooper Point charger. The newer ones come with the Ather Dot. You can reach out to CS for getting both these fixed under warranty :slight_smile:

2 Likes