Deliveries

A very pathetic situation of getting deliveries in pune. I have booked 450x with the booking ammount of 2,500/- on 16th of January and the delivery time during the booking was said to be anywhere between 45-60 days. I have paid the balance ammount an 1st March and still getting lame reasons from sales team on delivery even after completing 2 months, and now the sales team is telling to cancel the booking if they can’t wait for delivery…Even though the vehicle is good I think it’s time to opt for some other brand because of undefined commitments.

4 Likes

That’s rude ! Isn’t it @abhishek.balaji

9 Likes

Hi good morning @gauravbhand …i wouldn’t have got to this forum if you would had either received my call or replied to my msg…and you are calling me rude in front of your team…great

2 Likes

Mayur,

1. Gaurav is an Ather owner just like you and me and he’s not from Ather.
  2. He didn’t call you rude but he’s saying the reply of the sales person was rude
  3. Forum is not a support channel of Ather (although you can highlight issues and find solutions).

I can understand your frustration but for your case, the sales person or the customer care number are the best support channels.

15 Likes

I’m really sorry for that …as the sales persons name was also gaurav…

6 Likes

Mother of coincident - this must be it

Points to Ather.

1. Ather Can book the scooter and get the booking amount only.
  2. Full payment window should open only when Scooter gets allotted. This way no one feels that the payment is made but a scooter is not provided to them. @tarun @abhishek.balaji
11 Likes

Is the company even conveying these problems to the dealers??? No use at all of these kind of forums…

5 Likes

It’s sad to see that Ather dealerships have already started acting like your typical automobile dealership and they are barely doing a couple of thousand per month in sales. I’ve also had underwhelming experience with Pune EC. Maybe it is only a problem with EC’s which are not operated by Ather. The whole “Experience Centre” thing sounds good but I’m afraid it isn’t going to scale nicely. I wish Ather went the Ola route and focus only on building SC’s.

3 Likes

I had also booked my 450X on 20 Feb 2020. Been over a month and the payment window has not yet opened in Pune. Contacted the Ather on IG and they said replied “Hey There! Your full payment window will open by mid-March. There is a delay due to a surge in orders.”

Then contacted the Ather support via email as their phone calling number always comes busy and they said “Waiting period of 75-90 days(after booking)” at first and then "Delay due to stock fluctuations and asked me to contact the Retail Partner on stock availability in Pune.

So I guess we only need to wait. P.S No confirmation on new model from Ather as per the customer care.

3 Likes

A typical worst scenario occurs again. People working in “Ather” are not sure when the vehicle will be delivered to the customer. They just keep saying "1 more week " or "by next week end " which tends to infinity. Booked the vehicle in FEB and still waiting for it to get delivered. A very pathetic experience from the customer care. The worse part is they keep saying the same story again and again. Just F.Y.I after the booking date, it will take more than 3-4 moths to get the vehicle delivered. Also this is 50% probability.

1 Like

I am from Thiruvananthapuram , Kerala . Had booked Ather X (Rs 2500 ) , got update from Ather centre that it will take 75 days after full payment . i thought 75 days is after booking . But if need to do full payment also now , its not helpful as a customer to me . what’s the advantage of booking if we still have to pay in full and wait more than 75 days? i was expecting to book now and do full payment 14-21 days before only.

Same here. They have no idea. Supply chain seems a mess.

2 Likes

I agree. This is a pathetic situation. Not expected from a company like Ather who is one of the pioneer in EV business. Their supply chain planning seems a complete mess. Moreover if we call callcenter or showroom no one has any exact idea of status of supply chain. They just keep giving hopeless estimates about timeline. It has been now 65+ days since I booked in Pune. I was told 45 days at time of booking and even told 45 days is worst case, usually delivery happens in 15 days. Even their website Ather was showing expected waiting time for your city as 15 days. Now even their website, they have removed that section. They are opening showrooms after showroom, expanding business but have no proper planning for Supply Chain. Seems all mess.

5 Likes

Hi Team,

I had already posted a comment on this and i didn’t get any response. So I’m creating a topic so as to see if I get any response at all.

EDIT: Made this post two days ago. Looks like someone was assigned to provide some information. No updates

EDIT 2: Thanks @melvin.wilson getting in touch over a phone call and explaining the situation and the realistic timeline for the period mentioned to me. I’m convinced and all I have to do now is wait which I’ll do.

I had booked the scooter on February 27th 2022 online while at the Experience centre in Chennai after taking a test drive. I was told a MAXIMUM waiting period of 50 days but was also told, the bike would be with me mostly within 14 to 20 days.

I received a call from the Ather space on 1st of March asking for details regarding my loan and it got approved and also was informed that they have a new lot coming and if I’m ready with the down payment, I will be provided with the scooter in a week’s time. I was happy and i accepted to it and when I checked about it on March 3rd, I was told “Theriyalaye” (we don’t know).

I had to stick back to the 50 day time period. I check inbetween 5 days interval on my own and all I have been getting is YOUR WAITING PERIOD IS NOT OVER.

I received a call again on 25th of March and I was told they’ll look into providing my delivery with a new lot coming and shall update on this on 26th of March. I didn’t receive any call and I had to call the person today 28 March 2022 and I was told they wouldn’t be able to finish my delivery and I’ll have to wait until April 2nd week.

In all this mishap I was told during the first call from the team on March 1st that I don’t have to follow the existing order id and my bike will be under a new order since this is coming from a previously cancelled order.

My order hasn’t moved anywhere and this is going to be my primary vehicle as my older vehicle is deteriorating at the highest rate and I’m in severe need of the vehicle. I request an answer from the team regarding this. @abhishek.balaji

I had DMed, tweeted, messaged Ather and i was pointed only at the Ather Space that I had booked at and I don’t get any update expect asking me to wait.

2 Likes

From Mumbai. Booked my Ather a couple of weeks back and was told that the delivery could take 5 months at the Ather Space. So the timeline that you were informed by your Ather Space looks ambitious tbh.

3 Likes

I booked Ather 450x on 22 Feb 2022 still no update from Ather space trivandrum .

3 Likes

Order I’d -201757 Booked on 20th March…still no updates plz look into it

1 Like

I booked my 450x on Feb4th at Guindy showroom and made full payment on Mar 17th. Still now scooter not delivered and asking to wait.

3 Likes

Is it compulsory to make full payment irrespective of availability of your vehicle in the showroom? I had this experience with buying my car, they forced me to disburse the loan so as to expedite the delivery processes from their end but it took 2 months more for them to finally deliver ( had to write lot of mails to the company to get it done). Do we get any kind of chassis number details against our order id?

1 Like