Deliveries: Chennai

I am damn sure the wait is for TN EV policy

We can expect payment window to be opened before last week of September. Deliveries will be pushed to October 2nd week.

1 Like

The Ather Dashboard page now states that delivery will be sep-oct 2019 as they have temporarily halted production. Very sure we will get ours in Oct only.

Halted?? Where did you see it??

“Delivery Update - Sep - Oct, 2019 - Our production has halted temporarily leading to a shift in your delivery timelines. Please get in touch with our customer service team for details.”

1 Like

Got email from Ather
#####################

What’s stopping us from opening
your full payment window?

Hey Senthil,

We know that you must be wondering ‘why isn’t Ather opening up my payment window?’ and that’s the reason we are writing to you.

Give us about 10 days
We have halted deliveries for a bit as our end-of-line quality folks have detected an issue. So, we need a little time to assess and solve it. But, we should be able to resume deliveries in the next 7-10 days.

The delivery picture
While we still plan to start deliveries in Chennai in September, there could possibly be a delay for some Chennai customers. We apologise for this, we will keep you in the loop and send you an update shortly. And of course, once the deliveries are back on track, we will try to ramp it up to make up for the lost time.

We hope to sort this out real fast, so we will get back to you soon.

Team Ather

3 Likes

The Tamilnadu ev policy has been released and gives 100% exemption on road tax for EV vehicles bought unti 2022.

I am presuming with 8% of cost of vehicle as Road tax in tamilnadu, that would reduce the cost of purchase / lease of Ather 450’s in Chennai.

references:

https://tnsta.gov.in/taxes_secondschedule_sub.jsp

5 Likes

The road tax as per the Ather pricing is 4% and the cost will reduce by Rs.5472.

6 Likes

You are right Sathishvivek -

If the vehicle is a battery operated Non-transport two wheeler, then the lifetime tax payable is 4% of the cost of the vehicle.

I guess the cost equivalent of getting the Portable charger thrown in at the Old cost.

Wonderful news for Chennai customer. Waiting for my flight​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thats awesome. Moreover, If they plan production in TN, they also get back SGST in full, No registration charges. Prices can go down to 1.1 Lakh On road chennai.

1 Like

I anticipated such delays and told the Ather Engineer (who was explaining me about the scooter during the Chennai launch event in July) that September delivery is too optimistic but he was confident that Ather could deliver and surprise you. A bit disappointed by the delay and hoping that they would be back on track soon.

2 Likes

Will the road tax be reduced during our deliveries in Chennai. As the ev policy are out…

Ather had put things on hold for 10 days… I think the hold ends on Monday, 23rd September. So, I really hope we will hear more about Chennai deliveries from Monday onwards.

1 Like

Please explan this one @Shreyas

1 Like

Ather has replied in Twitter that though policies are out, order from government is yet to be passed… Once orders are passed, ather will pass the benefits to us…
So as long as orders are not passed, price will remain the same…

2 Likes

Sir I am also one of the customer who booked the vehicle @ pllava residency.

Remains same and same follow up.

Even they discontinued the 340 series. I heard.

The only one 450… nowadays.

Ram

Hi Friends,
Did anyone got update for Chennai delivery ?

No update yet. It’s baffling not to receive any kind of update after Ather’s previous email on the delay. I have lost hope of September delivery long back.

1 Like

Even I am getting the same message on my login, booked on july 6th. Hopefully they open up payments soon and we have our flight by ayutha pooja. Anyone going for lease from chennai???