Deliveries: Chennai

TN govt doesn’t seem to pass the ev policy. Almost going to be end of this month…

1 Like

This wait for the payment window to open is agonising. September is here, almost!

In Bangalore From your payment day it takes 10-15 days for delivery so i think theyll will try to delay it as much as possible till the TN ev Policy

Hope the authorities dont wait for CM who is on an multi-nation onsite trip. :roll_eyes:: .

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: On our way to Chennai

Hi @Ather.Team @Shreyas

Any idea on when will the payment window open? Because its already September now .

3 Likes

No Idea. Also I am noting in their website that the Orders in Chennai will get Ather 1.1 version which will have a home charging Dot instead of the usual white ather POD that we saw in the showroom. Not sure if this installation cost should be borne by us. Also the total charging time is increased by an hour. Yesterday i saw in t he news paper that our Govt is drafting an EV policy and it will be out in 3 weeks. May be ather is waiting for that.

Hi Chennai buddies. Any ones payment window got open ?

Not yet. Still no update

Nope. Communication is not one of the strong points of Ather, I guess. The app still states the status to be that of Charger assessment which will be conducted 4-5 weeks before delivery and expected delivery to be Sep’19. The delay could be the launch of new Ather dot or they could be waiting for Govt. EV policy but shouldn’t that be communicated by now. I was wondering what were Bangalorean’s thinking when they have to wait for a whole lot more than us. This waiting is killing the interest.

I am eagerly waiting too… I really don’t want to wait for the TN EV policy. I know every Rupee saved matters, but the wait is just excruciating. I guess we are a captive market now, so we have to wait. This would have been a big problem to Ather if a competing product existed in the market here.

2 Likes

I contacted the customer care and was informed that payment link will open by 2nd or 3rd week of September. Going by this mail I think deliveries will not happen in September and we might have to wait for some more time.

1 Like

In Bangalore, they do the delivery within 20 days of final payment.

3 Likes

Yup even i read that… lets assume they open the payment link on 10th then 20 days after this would be month end or the first week of October. Only @Shreyas can provide us an update on Chennai deliveries.

With regards to deliveries in Chennai, I’m pretty sure they can’t fulfill the deliveries as soon as Bangalore. They need to ship the scooters to Chennai and get it registered there and get the HSRP vendors and all those stuff. It will be a challenge.

1 Like

I’ve seen few government electric buses operating in Chennai… if there’s no proper drafted EV policies then is it possible to operate those?

EV Policy is not for operations but is the policy drafted for promotion of EV Vehicles.

The expected outcome for EV policies of Tamilnadu is that the govt may decide to offer sops for industry and consumers.

What I am expecting out of the EV policy as a customer is that the govt will either reduce the Road Tax charged during registration to a lower % level or 0% effectively bring down the price of the vehicle.

2 Likes

Hi @Ather.Team any updates on when Chennai payment window opens up? I have pre-ordered and haven’t gotten any intimation yet.

I’m also concerned about the delivery timelines if payment window is getting delayed so much.

-Kartick

I have reached out to customer care email
and I got below generic response for the September Batch 1 delivery question

“Currently, I do not have an exact timeline or a tentative date on the delivery.

So I kindly request you to wait for the payment gateway to be open for you particular order id.”

Hey guys, please call the customer care. Posting on the forum rarely gets you a response from Ather unless there is something significant going on.

2 Likes