Deliveries: Chennai

Hmm. Even my delivery which is in Nov Dec 2019, it’s showing me the exact same thing that Please keep documents ready, payment window will open soon, will I get an early delivery?

As promised for september delivery’s there is only 4 days left for sep to get over. Called up and spoke to ather team and they very clearly said there is no delivery happening in sep . So the status update Sep–Oct is just a joke. Payment window will open most probably by weekend of oct 1st week or in the beginning of oct 2nd week. After the payment is done it will take a maximum of 15 days for bike to be delivered. So by oct 3rd week only is the delivery. !! Delivery status in order details will soon change from Sep–Oct to Oct.

2 Likes

For me showing old msg . Schedule is sep-oct.

I am losing my faith on Ather slowly ,after reading the forum about issue occuring very frequently…

Don’t worry… Plenty of us owners here without any issues as well🙂

5 Likes

Thank you mate

Hey people, I had ordered 2 450s and the batch is sept. I know it’s not going to happen in Sept, but any idea as to when we’d get it?

Also, I wanted to know how regen braking works on the 450. Do we have to hold down the brakes for regen to work or is it enough to just let go of the accelerator?
Thanks

Neither. Ather claims that breaks can trigger the regen but I’ve never been able to use the break for regen. The best way to activate the regen is reversing the throttle when the scooters Soc is under 84% and speed over 20kmph. PS- use it long enough. Your wrist and palm will start hurting with the gripper texture and the force you need to reverse the throttle. Also remeber the regen is not progressive, it’s either on or not. No middle ground.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info mate. I kept reading this “reversing the throttle”. I don’t understand.

So assuming that the charge is less than 85% and my speed is say 70 kmph, then am I supposed to let go of the throttle and then turn it the opposite side? Does the accelerator twist backwards?

Thank you

yes u need to twist in reverse

but my request is don’t get excited about it

it isn’t too much of regen and holding accelerator for so long will hurt your hand

for your reference, i engaged regen for 19km down hill at tirupati

energy gained is 3-4% (2km)

so making use of kinetic momentum gained is much more efficient than regen (by planning your path a few 100mtrs ahead)

7 Likes

Hey Abhishek, thank you for that. I’m just waiting to getting my hands on the 450. The wait is killing me. :smile:

1 Like

same boat exactly a year ago

even mine was scheduled in sep-oct

later pushed to dec-jan and finally got it on jan 31st

i can understand, but i can assure u, wait is worth

please also remember, we don’t have alternative :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Chennai is coming alive in the forum! So good to see so many posts from Chennai pre-order folks all excited about the 450!

3 Likes

They could better change the status to October - November rather than keeping us guessing and anxious.

2 Likes

Yeah… my friend had to hussle to get the funds ready in a bank account for a September purchase… so that he can do a neft payment without any delays… he could have relaxed if there was better info about the timeline… or if credit card payments were accepted without additional charges.

4 Likes

So, Semptember will complete without Ather.

I went to Ather space Chennai today. They said that the payment window will open in 1 or 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Still 2 weeks ? That’s very long … every day is excruciating !

1 Like

2 weeks is so long! It’s already been several months now.
I called up customer service yesterday and they said we should get an email within the first week. I hope they don’t say that full payment window will open in the upcoming week.
Hope things speeden up.

Hi @Ather.Team,
Can you please let us know the tentative date for opening of payment window(First batch)…
Also info on credit card transaction charges, if that is still available…
Just to make financial preparations from our side…
fyi @Shreyas
Regards,
Gokul.

3 Likes

Really Ather, You guys are testing our nerves for sure because we are super excited that we guys are in the first batch but now things are getting down a bit . Speed up whatever you are doing asap

3 Likes