Deliveries: Chennai

I beg to differ. I agree, the motor whine initially is very noticeable, but with time you’ll get used to it. Ather gets one of it’s characteristic features from the motor whine which sounds pretty futuristic (like the turbines of an aeroplane firing up to max speed) which adds to it’s already elegant and futuristic design.

The motor whine is a head turner and grabs a lot of attention and I myself have fallen prey to the sound to spot another ather on the road as well.

Even if this was deliberately added, it would make sense to stick with their theme of being futuristic.

3 Likes

It’s a Personal choise, i hate that noise, if at all i would switch it off completely for a smooth silent ride.
Anyways the point is, Ather could provide option to user to switch off of on any noise.

At this point i am still confused on whether it’s genuine Bearing / Coil noise or deliberate noise set by Ather, if it’s Bearing/Coil noise, it’s acceptable and can be reduced gradually on upcoming future builds.

I was almost ready to buy a second Ather, but I am holding my decision only because of this issue, planning to wait for one more year to check any competitors are producing silent electric bikes in near future.

1 Like

There is no “Off” switch. If it was there it would defy the laws of physics!

4 Likes

@tarun @ Ather Management / @Ather.Team to review and advise its leasing partner Autovert to stick to the committed lease plan of 75K

Please consider for the Batch 1 & 2 customer who booked in the Chennai launch event.

Hope the number of customer opting for lease (3 years) might be very less compare to the other buying option.

By making this I shall be proud that Ather have kept their commitments.

Also GoDigit should go digital for quicker insurance claims or @Ather.Team should change to more professional and quality insurance provider, who does the insurance clearance in a day.

1 Like

The majority of the sound is from the belt, not from the motor. Hub motors are very quiet but as Ather uses a 2 step reduction transmission, expect some kind of noise. The belt is getting adjusted to your Ather as this is in a run-in period.

2 Likes

Does any one one went with lease option. Please tell your experience on process and timeline?. I plan to go with lease , thats why

1 Like

Pls check this faq about the lease option.

About Lease Option - Qs and As

Hi

My order ID - 11892

Any idea on payment process…! When it(Payment window) will get open…?

Can you please give the link of whatsapp group for pre booked menbers

It should be soon, I am on Order Id 11,600’s and my bike got delivered around 10 days back : )

@tarun & @Ather Management

Very disappointed to say still no response for the above genuine request.

Ather have not kept their promise during the Chennai Launch :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Ather have not kept their promise during the Chennai Launch :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

No. I booked 13th July give details when the payment window open

Any idea when they are planning to open payment window for 12556 ?

Hey guys!

Any update on next deliveries in chennai? My order id is 11862. Been rather a long wait.

HI … i got my ather 450 on 24th Nov… i enjoying the daily ride

3 Likes

Vehicle delivered on 19th Oct 2019. Original RC not yet received. After digging around the Ather forum I find that not only us Chennai owners but Bangalore owners too seemed to have a long wait to receive their original RC’s. I’ve checked with Ather but the response has been rather tepid. We’ll check and let you know is the response but there’s been no update whatsoever. I also notice that many of the Bangalore owners approached the RTO’s where their vehicles are registered with and managed to collect the original RC’s themselves. Can the Chennai owners also follow the same procedure? I think in Chennai the vehicles have to be registered with the RTO’s under who’s jurisdiction your permanent address falls under. Please clarify if it is not so.

It took nearly 3 months for me to get mine. In the meantime, I used Digilocker to get a govt approved soft copy right after delivery. It’s valid everywhere.

1 Like

Yes I am aware of it. But then you never know when the need for the original may arise. I use mParivahan app. It doesn’t have a facility to upload the RC from it for other purposes. Ex.: I was applying online for Fastag for my four wheeler and there was a requirement to upload it’s RC I couldn’t though I have it on mParivahan. I then had to upload a photo (jpeg) of the RC.

1 Like

You could have taken screenshot and uploaded. I have submitted screenshots from digilocker to get many other documents/services.