Deliveries: Chennai

Nothing to worry about. The HSRP is printed in compliance. We’ll continue to monitor for developments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My HSRP plate also does not comply with the rule

Btw, this article is from July

What is present rule then?

Hi.

I’m excited that deliveries have started in Chennai. @abhishek.balaji i would be happy if you could update on my pre-booking status.
Order Number: 11992

Update on pre-orders!

Hey folks!

We are opening full payments for Order IDs 11723-11796 today. Watch your inbox for the link to complete your order!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Owners in Chennai, tell us your experience!

@Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

Hi

My mobile application shows delivery date as Nov 18 but the web says 18 to 25

None of your relationship team also contacted me.

When I contacted CC they say 11 am

Please give me confirmed date and time

Thanks

Shankar Raman

Hey @mjsraman,

Looks like CC has already scheduled your delivery. Please reach out to them to confirm delivery and any other queries you might have about delivery.

I like to bring to you kind notice that I have pre ordered the Ather 450 during the Chennai launch event itself and at that time the lease option announced by Tarun Mehta at the stage is a deposit of 75K and monthly payment of 2517, but understood from Autovert that plan is not available.

Due to delay in delivery how customer shall be denied the announced / committed lease option.

Even I would like to go for maximum deposit so that my monthly payment shall be as less like 2k per month that matches my monthly fuel cost of ICE.

I request Ather to advise its leasing partner Autovert to stick to the committed lease plan of 75K deposit.

But Ather informed that Autovert is not accepting for 75K option.

No commitment as promised in the launch event.

2 Likes

Hey,

The lease plans are subject to change due to various reasons. You can still opt for the plan with 60k down payment, which would come out to a monthly payment of Rs. 2589.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply, but monthly payment Rs. 2589 is for Bangalore, for Chennai its Rs 2999,

I like to highlight one point, I agree that the lease plan are subject to change but it can’t be changed once the deal is strike…

We have pre ordered the Ather at the launch event itself and made the advance booking as well, In that case backing out from the commitment that too by announced by Tarun Mehta at the stage is not acceptable,

In that case I am afraid with in the lease period of 3 years what are the other changes might happen.

You are forcing the customer to opting for other options, that not really good.

@ Tarun Mehta / @ Ather Management to review and advise its leasing partner Autovert to stick to the committed lease plan of 75K

Hi
@tarun

As mentioned by you during the launch that Ather did first time in India in Two Wheeler segment (You have informed that that it is as good as buy an ICE for 75K and pay monthly 2.5K as fuel, which made me to go for the Lease option for sure) and I appreciate that initiative,

Need your intervention,

Hi Saravanan,

I understand where you’re coming from, but lease is a financing option offered by our partner. These financing options are subject to change depending on market conditions and what is offered by the partner.

The pricing and options that are available at the time of full payment is what is applicable for any buyer.

In case of a lease or loan, there is an agreement signed between you and the partner for the duration of the lease.

2 Likes

11618: Got my Ather delivered 2 days back.

1. Chennai seems to be short on Travel charger, i hope in a month or so stock will be available.
  2. No Bike cover for a 1L+ Rs bike was quite surprising and bad
  3. Received two helmets (I choose one full and another half helmet), both were full black, very bad Ather, the company which worships aesthetics.

All seems ok, but the motor whining sound is too odd and loud even at low speed, i hope they make it more soundless and dampen the motor sound even more.

1 Like

have you not done the test ride of the bike before and company never informed about it of sound and other accessories. when you invest so much money always see the investment is good are bad.

The sound will definitely come down. Don’t worry. Just be patient. By around 400km you might just start liking the sound. If not. By 1,500km the sound will start to decrease. Just the single high pitch whine at around 18kmph will still be there. If you’re not going to be cruising at 18-20kmph you won’t have any problem then.

2 Likes

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply,

I like to bring to your kind notice that, we were ready to pay at the launch event, but that option was not available as the delivery for Chennai was not ready,

The token advance is very much valid for striking the deal as it hold good in India for any business (House rent/lease/sale or Any vehicle sale/resale )

Hope this clarifies.

The sound of the scooter at some cases is a kind of saviour as well because still we are under ICE culture

2 Likes

Loud pipe save lives, Nope :expressionless:

Tesla & Zero motorcycles are good example where there have nil whining sound at slow speed, but at higher speed it’s understandable, due to higher rpm of the motor.

In Ather’s case, it seems like the sound is deliberately made loud, which feels very odd at traffic or street or near dogs :expressionless:

And ya those are some stuff for Ather to look into in near future, apart from that i love Ather : ))

1 Like